Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Is this US S@H only? There are no discounts appearing on the Australian S@H website...just the very ordinary first order officer polybag and poster "gifts" with > $100 purchase. :sad:

It happens all the time here, I use my VIP points om Mat the 4th mostly so I don't get fleeced...

It happens all the time here, I use my VIP points om Mat the 4th mostly so I don't get fleeced...

Yeah I know that was the case last May 4th promotion but they did in 2014. I know because I bought UCS R2-D2 discounted then. Come to think of it, it came with the Darth Revan promotional polybag too. Fast forward to this year and we have a crappy new "UCS" release, no local discounts or 2X VIP points and an ordinary polybag. As a Lego Star Wars fan its hard to get excited about May the 4th this time around.

Just visited the "event".

No discount on 75098.

I got the space slug set, the ploybag Stormtrooper and Polybag "First Order General", the poster E VII and a special design poster of Hoth.

Great, nice little set..

Just visited the "event".

No discount on 75098.

I got the space slug set, the ploybag Stormtrooper and Polybag "First Order General", the poster E VII and a special design poster of Hoth.

Great, nice little set..

Someone's had a good morning! Could you scan and post the Space slug instructions for all us unlucky collectors who couldn't get one? PLEEEAAASE!!!!

I on the other hand have spent this morning on the phone to shop@home trying to understand the inequality of the offers from country to country ( I just want to make it clear that I know we in the UK have it a lot better than many other countries) but the US getting 20% off AND double VIP points!

So I have been planning on buying 75098 ever since it was announced, EVEN when it was revealed and we could see the poor effort in this 'UCS' set I still planned on buying it, EVEN after all the discussions and then the accurately scathing reviews of the last couple of days I still planned on buying it until.... I was about to check out and noticed that there were no double VIP points! it is partly my fault for assuming that the double points were worldwide, but c'mon, this set is SO bad that only the inclusion of the stormy polybag, poster and double VIP points was making it worthwhile, I planned to spend over 400 pounds on lego today, but this was the last straw!

I will now wait for the hopefully inevitable discount on this set when sales are so poor, or just brick linking the few minifigures than I need to keep the collection up to date.

In order to make sure that TLG never serves us this kind of steaming waste again I would advise as many of you that have a few minutes spare to contact lego customer services and log your opinion, that's what I did and they take this stuff seriously.

I on the other hand have spent this morning on the phone to shop@home trying to understand the inequality of the offers from country to country ( I just want to make it clear that I know we in the UK have it a lot better than many other countries) but the US getting 20% off AND double VIP points!

20%?! :cry_sad: AND double VIP?! :cry_sad:

What response did you get?

If it was 20% in the uk, it would have encouraged me to spend. But 10% and the polybag? Not enough incentive there :(

I don't know about the Lego shop but I'm in the UK and my local Tesco had some discounts on SW Lego sets today. Microfighters were £7 each, rebel transport was £45, Tie advanced proto was £35, Naboo Fighter was £44, Hoth attack was £18, Reys Speeder was £16 a few battlepacks were down to £9.99 there were more but I was mid-shop and the kids were chomping at the bit to escape, so I grabbed Hoth attack for myself and got out. I was hoping to find carbonite chamber reduced but that was still £20

Edited by miles teg

If it was 20% in the uk, it would have encouraged me to spend. But 10% and the polybag? Not enough incentive there :(

The genuinely pleasant (but misinformed) person I spoke to tried to tell me the US had these extra incentives because: 1. they do not have value added tax like we in the UK do, so it is more expensive in the first place! ( I do not have the energy to explain all the ways that is wrong on this post) and 2. Because they were not getting 75098 today like we were!!! seriously!

I have been wanting this set so much but I cannot bring myself to get it with these meagre incentives.

Someone's had a good morning! Could you scan and post the Space slug instructions for all us unlucky collectors who couldn't get one? PLEEEAAASE

I am sorry but the set has seals and I won't open it..

As I am a MISB and building collector, perhaps if I ever find a second one I can scan the instructions..

Visited a TRU today also, building event millennium falcon! Great!

Edited by Sir von Lego

No offense, but why are people complaining about no AT-AT in 75098? That would mean one of two things-either you would be paying another ~100 dollars/euros/pounds/, or this would just be a trench and AT-AT. Are either of those better than what we got?

The Space Slug set is going so high on eBay now. Part of me wants to hold onto it, part of me wants to sell it and go get Assault on Hoth... Any word on the availability of this set? On eBay, a list says only 3500 were made but who knows if that's accurate.

My friend at the store said that they were only keeping the sets for that hour event, and after the doors open to customers they are taking their remaining stock and shipping them back.

Kind of makes me wonder what will happen in the long run on the aftermarket...

Canada also had a couple of good deals, ex: Tydirium shuttle 25$ off being one of them plus double VIP points too, overall better deals on select items instead of the global 10% off the merchandise ive seen in most european zones. I just wish Final Duel would have been cheaper for the occasion but maybe i'm asking for too much haha.

Here's a look at the May the Fourth promo for this year:

On the left is the new figure, on the right is the one from the FO Battlepack:

26461177910_1051d098f8_z.jpg

On the left is the FO Snowtrooper - this new promo figure (in the middle) uses the same back pack; the far right is the back of the Battlepack FO Stormtrooper- this new figure shares the same back as it.

26640665172_c7660d6834_z.jpg

Edited by just2good

What a sad waste of a promotional figure. Thanks LEGO :hmpf_bad:

Hey, at least it's free haha. But yeah, extremly lazy...

To give us a nice swift kick in the nuts and scream "You guys spent so much on TFA we don't even need to use any more effort any more!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So the only difference is one more pocket. Why would lego do this?

Because pockets are amazing. The more pockets the better. This is true in real life and in LEGO form.

The only exception are pockets on the back of pants. Nobody likes sitting on Butt-Pockets. Why do Butt-Pockets exist? Those are the real problem. This Minifigure is good because it has a lot of pockets, and no Butt-Pockets. He is the happiest Minifigure around.

I mean, this guy is obviously the most elite trooper because he has two extra pockets.

So, we all know that only the front torso printing is exclusive to this May the Fourth minifig, because of the two extra pouches near the chest and the smaller three white… rectangular… things on the vest. But I spotted another difference and it is so mind-blowing that it gives me an incentive to get this figure right away: on the regular Heavy Gunner from the battle pack, you can see a little bit of his regular white stormtrooper belt near the hips, underneath the vest. On the new figure, the vest has been lowered just a tiny bit, so you cannot see said white belt printing. Amazing!

So, we all know that only the front torso printing is exclusive to this May the Fourth minifig, because of the two extra pouches near the chest and the smaller three white… rectangular… things on the vest. But I spotted another difference and it is so mind-blowing that it gives me an incentive to get this figure right away: on the regular Heavy Gunner from the battle pack, you can see a little bit of his regular white stormtrooper belt near the hips, underneath the vest. On the new figure, the vest has been lowered just a tiny bit, so you cannot see said white belt printing. Amazing!

That small bit of detail make this minifigure totally worth it now! And to think we doubted Lego... This is best May 4th minifig ever!!!

Seeing it beside the one from the battlepack makes me feel even more disappointed in Lego for making this an "exclusive" Polybag.