Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It's been said 75144 is being pushed back to 2017 and the Death Star is coming in October. :classic:

It's been said 75144 is being pushed back to 2017 and the Death Star is coming in October. :classic:

I really, really, REALLY, hope this is true, because I have $195.00 CAD in VIP points saved up for it. :grin: Although if it's coming from you I know it's true :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Kman860

Yes ! Found the reference to the Death Star; 75159 for 2016 ... Good, very good :-)

Awesome! My birthday is around then and I can't think of a better excuse to burn a Death Star sized hole in my pocket.

Well hopefully it is more of a display piece like the death star 2 set and not a playset like the current death star.

I actually thought at first it was just going to have updated minifigures in but it sounds like it's a complete redo of it.

I actually thought at first it was just going to have updated minifigures in but it sounds like it's a complete redo of it.

What do you mean? Was there some info I didn't get, because I haven't really heard anything about it.

Edited by Kman860

How funny (and terrible) would it be if the UCS Snowspeeder was a TFA one?

What do you mean? Was there some info I didn't get, because I haven't really heard anything about it.

"Bigger and better" than the old one

I've been thinking, the sliver printing on 3po's leg is just not working. With Clumsy Guy showing they can do dual molded on only one leg, do you think we can see something like that being used in the near future (Say, Death Star?)

I've been thinking, the sliver printing on 3po's leg is just not working. With Clumsy Guy showing they can do dual molded on only one leg, do you think we can see something like that being used in the near future (Say, Death Star?)

If they can do triple molded legs for a five dollar collectible mini figure (the actual mini figure theme) then they can definitely do so for a several hundred dollar set. However to anyone's knowledge has there been even a dual molded leg that has also had printing on it as well? IF not that could be problematic. I would really love to see that however.

How funny (and terrible) would it be if the UCS Snowspeeder was a TFA one?

Even that happens, the set would still looks better than the "Barely UCS" Assault on Hoth set.

However to anyone's knowledge has there been even a dual molded leg that has also had printing on it as well? IF not that could be problematic. I would really love to see that however.

It's actually fairly common with the recent CMF series and the Disney CMF serie (f.e. check out Clumsy Guy from serie 16 and Daisy, Mickey en Mr. Incredible from Disney CMF's).

They certainly could. And they've proven with the polybag version that they can do C-3PO's side leg printing and arm printing as well. I'd love to see a classic version of C-3PO in full detail like that.

But some will say that they only do high detail minifigures for CMF, polybag, and expensive sets due to production capacity and exclusivity.

Edited by x105Black

They certainly could. And they've proven with the polybag version that they can do C-3PO's side leg printing and arm printing as well. I'd love to see a classic version of C-3PO in full detail like that.

But some will say that they only do high detail minifigures for CMF, polybag, and expensive sets due to production capacity and exclusivity.

The new Death star will certainly fit into the "expensive set" bracket!

So Assault on Hoth and then a Snowspeeder UCS... but no AT-AT? It doesn't compute. :(

Waiting for the new UCS snowspeeder to arrive only next year is a really sad to me. I am definitely hyped for that one the most :sceptic:

Btw: Are there any news of release dates for the upcoming summer sets of Star Wars? Havent heard anything yet.

Do people think that the UCS Assault on Hoth has destroyed our chances of ever seeing a UCS AT-AT?

Waiting for the new UCS snowspeeder to arrive only next year is a really sad to me. I am definitely hyped for that one the most :sceptic:

Btw: Are there any news of release dates for the upcoming summer sets of Star Wars? Havent heard anything yet.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I thought the rumors were pointing to a June release?

Do people think that the UCS Assault on Hoth has destroyed our chances of ever seeing a UCS AT-AT?

I don't think so. Why would it?

Nope, if anything the UCS Snowspeeder helps the AT-ATs case. However the UCS Assault on Hoth may hurt the AT-ATs chances if the sales don't perform.