Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

One big reason I have never collected many Hoth sets is because I do not like white bricks as they are prone to yellowing. If I am paying that much for 75097 which is primarily white bricks they I expect it should be resistant to yellowing or something. Maybe few more minifigs like Leia and better(more?) X-Wing pilots and helmets.

What are the chances that the Death Star Final Duel will be on offer on May 4th? I've been looking to get it on discount, and I would like to get the FO Stormy Officer.

I think some sets will be discounted, but I doubt much more than 20% tops. I don't have any secret knowledge on this, it just seems that in the past couple years the discounts haven't been as deep as prior.

So if the rumored Ahsoka set will be a retail exclusive, how well are the minifigs going to turn out? I was under the impression that retail exclusive sets don't feature any new molds. The new Ahsoka fig definitely needs a new mold for the headpiece, since the old one is obviously too short and Shaak Ti's headpiece just doesn't have the right shape.

Also, if the Seventh Sister is included, which I hope will be true, she'll need a new mould for her helmet as well. They could replicate her retracting mask by using a double sided face, so one new mould for her would suffice.

So if the rumored Ahsoka set will be a retail exclusive, how well are the minifigs going to turn out? I was under the impression that retail exclusive sets don't feature any new molds. The new Ahsoka fig definitely needs a new mold for the headpiece, since the old one is obviously too short and Shaak Ti's headpiece just doesn't have the right shape.

Also, if the Seventh Sister is included, which I hope will be true, she'll need a new mould for her helmet as well. They could replicate her retracting mask by using a double sided face, so one new mould for her would suffice.

You are mistaking retail exclusives with D2C exclusives, but even then from time to time D2C exclusives produce new molds (which most of the time gets reused anyways for future sets). An example would be the Simpsons Kwik e Mart which produced a new head mold for Snake

An adult Ahsoka without a new head piece would be a stupid move. Her lekku are recognizably shorter than Shaak Ti's, and her montrals - the horn-like head extensions - have a significantly different shape: In Shaak Ti's case they curve inward in an s-shape, wheras Ahsoka's curve slightly outwards, which gives her a more badass look. So I'm confident that they'll make a new headpiece, because otherwise this would be a pitchforks-and-torches-worthy disappointment.

You are mistaking retail exclusives with D2C exclusives, but even then from time to time D2C exclusives produce new molds (which most of the time gets reused anyways for future sets). An example would be the Simpsons Kwik e Mart which produced a new head mold for Snake

No I actually did mean the retail exclusives. Looking back at 2012, Palpatine's Arrest and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter had no new moulds. The Starhopper and the Defender-class Cruiser from 2013 had no new moulds either.

It would indeed be a stupid move by LEGO, but I'm afraid they're not changing their policy in regards to retail exclusives. Putting Ahsoka in such a set instead of a regular one is where it pretty much can go wrong...

Aren't retail exclusive sets only retail-exclusive in the US? Meaning that to most of the world, retail-exclusives are just regular sets? Meaning that the lack of new molds in previous retail-exclusive sets is just an accident?

Aren't retail exclusive sets only retail-exclusive in the US? Meaning that to most of the world, retail-exclusives are just regular sets? Meaning that the lack of new molds in previous retail-exclusive sets is just an accident?

No, there are retail exclusive sets in other countries too. They might not line up exactly with the US retail exclusive sets though.

Afaik, the latest MTT was a TRU exclusive in Norway, while Hydra Fortress Smash, Brainiac Attack and Raptor Escape were only available at S@H. I think Anakin's Custom Starfighter had a wider release.

No I actually did mean the retail exclusives. Looking back at 2012, Palpatine's Arrest and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter had no new moulds. The Starhopper and the Defender-class Cruiser from 2013 had no new moulds either.

It would indeed be a stupid move by LEGO, but I'm afraid they're not changing their policy in regards to retail exclusives. Putting Ahsoka in such a set instead of a regular one is where it pretty much can go wrong...

I believe there was a new hat mold for the naboo security guard in the 2014 MTT

7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter included a new Tactical Droid mould. 7869 Battle for Geonosis included Luminara's head-covering, which had appeared way back in 2005 but I would gander required re-tooling or a new mould altogether by 2011 (speculation though). Back farther, 7754 Home One had the Mon Cal head, and 7752 Solar Sailer was I believe the first appearance of Count Dooku's widow's peak hair.

Point is, this type of 'fact' is pure speculation. Even D2C sets have first-release parts now, like Slave I or the Kwik-E-Mart or the Minecraft Village, etc.

Retailer exclusives usually don't feature new moulds, that's true, but TLG has recently started to bend the rules considerably by introducing new moulds in D2C sets, so this shouldn't be much of an obstacle any more :wink: The question is, whether they'd be willing to include two new moulds in this set (Ahsoka's headpiece and the Seventh Sister's helmet, in case she's included), but that's not unreasonable since most of the other summer sets don't have any new moulds whatsoever (Unkar Plutt's head and the Fifth Brother's helmet are the only new moulds I can spot) :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

hey guys, there is a review of hoth assault set here.

26337263140_1afe08b62a_z.jpg

Thanks for sharing my review here! :wink:

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

(and now I'm going to introduce myself properly in the adequate section, this is on my to-do list for too long!...)

What are the chances that the Death Star Final Duel will be on offer on May 4th? I've been looking to get it on discount, and I would like to get the FO Stormy Officer.

Last year we had 10% on some microfighters and some 20-30$ sets. I don't remember any big set being discounted.

At least you can get double VIP on your purchase...

Edited by duboismerci

7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter included a new Tactical Droid mould. 7869 Battle for Geonosis included Luminara's head-covering, which had appeared way back in 2005 but I would gander required re-tooling or a new mould altogether by 2011 (speculation though). Back farther, 7754 Home One had the Mon Cal head, and 7752 Solar Sailer was I believe the first appearance of Count Dooku's widow's peak hair.

Point is, this type of 'fact' is pure speculation. Even D2C sets have first-release parts now, like Slave I or the Kwik-E-Mart or the Minecraft Village, etc.

Forgot about those two sets. Though from 2012-2015 there haven't been new moulds in retailer exclusives, which is strange. This could've led to the not so well established 'rule'. You are right, it's not a known fact.

Retailer exclusives usually don't feature new moulds, that's true, but TLG has recently started to bend the rules considerably by introducing new moulds in D2C sets, so this shouldn't be much of an obstacle any more :wink: The question is, whether they'd be willing to include two new moulds in this set (Ahsoka's headpiece and the Seventh Sister's helmet, in case she's included), but that's not unreasonable since most of the other summer sets don't have any new moulds whatsoever (Unkar Plutt's head and the Fifth Brother's helmet are the only new moulds I can spot) :classic:

Well, the Fifth Brother alone had two new moulds (his armor too), so I guess two moulds for two characters is possible. They better release the Seventh Sister now, cuz I don't think we'll be seeing a lot more of her.

Edited by JekPorkchops

Do you think they'd reuse Shaak Ti's hair.. mold... thing.. for Ahsoka? Seems like the right length. Then they wouldn't have to make a new mold.

Do you think they'd reuse Shaak Ti's hair.. mold... thing.. for Ahsoka? Seems like the right length. Then they wouldn't have to make a new mold.

I definitely hope not. It's too long, the wrong shape, and includes the weird long forehead. It just wouldn't look right.

(Unkar Plutt's head and the Fifth Brother's helmet are the only new moulds I can spot) :classic:

Isn't Teedo's head new as well meaning both the sets with new moulds have two meaning there would be no reason for the Ahsoka set not to have two new moulds.

What are the remaining 2016 UCS sets? Only a fall Death Star? Definitely Death Star and not the Death Planet from TFA? What about UCS for 2017? Snow speeder?

Well, the Fifth Brother alone had two new moulds (his armor too), so I guess two moulds for two characters is possible.

Isn't Teedo's head new as well meaning both the sets with new moulds have two meaning there would be no reason for the Ahsoka set not to have two new moulds.

How could I have forgotten those two? :blush: (Probably because I scanned the other sets for new moulds and didn't check those two sets again because I already knew they featured new parts)

You're both right, two new moulds for the remaining set really isn't implausible :thumbup:

What are the remaining 2016 UCS sets? Only a fall Death Star? Definitely Death Star and not the Death Planet from TFA? What about UCS for 2017? Snow speeder?

Death Star this year, the Snowspeeder may be pushed over for next year due to the Hoth Base being pushed over to this year. Although we've had no official confirmation on that.

I figured that something would be pushed over to 2017, considering how many D2C sets are coming out this year. Not surprised. :sadnew:

Besides, I don't think that TWO Hoth UCS sets in one year would work well.