Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Any news about 2016 UCS set?

I was expecting ISD, but now with rumored Snowspeeder, it seem's like they will skip few in line (and I REALLY wanted ISD).

Where/who said it was a rumored Snowspeeder? I didn't see anything last several pages..

Are things just getting a little confused?

There was mention of a Snowspeeder being released next year and there was also conjecture that it could be Rebels related rather than OT. I don't think there's been anything linking it to a UCS set as yet.

They could probably re-release it completely as-is, but with updated figures... That would be a cost-effective update.

'course, they'd have to raise the price...

I don't see why you think that's a problem :look: In all fairness to TLG it's remained at the same price in the UK since they released it in 2008(!) so I don't think it would be unreasonable of them to increase it. Even at 10-20% above the current cost it would still be very good value for money, as far as I'm concerned.

So I see they are releasing a Droid Escape set with jawas? If so, this is great news as I have yet to acquire an R2D2, C3PO, or a jawa. Originally, I had planned on purchasing the advent calendar, but now I will probably just wait until this set comes out. Sure, having an extra OT stormtrooper, an Ewok, and a rebel would be nice, but it is really the droids and the jawa I want the most. Besides, I assume the torso for C3PO in the advent calendar would be in a Christmas theme, thus not making it useful to use the minifig in any other capacity.

Even though the Carbonite chamber set is supposed to be small, if the minifig selection is good, then this is also great news. I honestly was not expecting much for OT with the new movie coming, so this is a nice surprise.

I just realized that there could be a chance that the 3P0 in the Droid Escape could easily have the same level of printing detail as the new TFA pollybag version. Theres no reason I can fathom for LEGO to not include the arm and side leg printing on the new ANH 3P0.

I also really hope we finally see back printing on R2.

Edited by Fives

I just realized that there could be a chance that the 3P0 in the Droid Escape could easily have the same level of printing detail as the new TFA pollybag version. Theres no reason I can fathom for LEGO to not include the arm and side leg printing on the new ANH 3P0.

I also really hope we finally see back printing on R2.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll be very excited if that is the case. I'd love to have both versions, and getting Jawas with it is great news as well.

So do we have any news on what minifigs will be released in the winter sets?

Nope. Not a single thing other than a non complete set list.

We'll find out soon... expect a big percentage of blank boxes becasue spoilers, I'm assuming.

Considering there are most likely two Star Wars exclusives, couldn't both rumors be true? A Snowspeeder in spring and Death Star in fall?

Considering there are most likely two Star Wars exclusives, couldn't both rumors be true? A Snowspeeder in spring and Death Star in fall?

There isn't a UCS snowspeeder rumor though. It's been twisted out of context...

Hi Unknownhero88, and welcome to Eurobricks!

As far as I'm aware the only 'official' mention was in the list of larger/exclusive sets that was leaked at the end of last year. However, Brickset have a placeholder for a new un-named 'DC2' Star Wars set (75098) for $249.99 so there's definately something on the horizon! As it's likely to be released in 2016, I'll merge this thread into the 2016 Pictures and Rumours thread in a bit :classic:

Cheers, Robin

The name of the planet where that is located is called

Takodana

. And in 2016 there's a set called

Battle at Takodana

Yea kinda figured that one out

So, what do we currently know about that Bantha that was in that mini movie? Do you think that it wil be in the droid escape or maybe a TFA set? I've been out of the loop for a while and this rumor seams really interesting. The Bantha is one "of my faivarote star wars creatures and if this model is the next Bantha then that is awesome!

We know the droid escape set has C3PO, R2D2, and two jawas. The freezing chamber has Han solo, frozen Han, Boba Fett (with arm printing), and an ugnaught. We know some of the micro fighters, the Wookie gunship includes a wookie, ghost includes Hera, tie interceptor includes a tie pilot. These are the ones we know about in terms of minifigures included. Is that all we know?

Edited by amazingbricks

We know the droid escape set has C3PO, R2D2, and two jawas. The freezing chamber has Han solo, frozen Han, Boba Fett (with arm printing), and an ugnaught. We know some of the micro fighters, the Wookie gunship includes a wookie, ghost includes Hera, tie interceptor includes a tie pilot. These are the ones we know about in terms of minifigures included. Is that all we know?

Well the Echo Base will have two troopers of each side and a probe droid and Obi-Wan's starfighter will have him and R4 at least.

So, what do we currently know about that Bantha that was in that mini movie? Do you think that it wil be in the droid escape or maybe a TFA set? I've been out of the loop for a while and this rumor seams really interesting. The Bantha is one "of my faivarote star wars creatures and if this model is the next Bantha then that is awesome!

Looks like there will be no bantha, at least for now :(

For those that read the spoiler sites and know the locations, is there any chance one of the new 4 legged walkers is coming in wave 2?

Microfighter Ghost has Hera

Finally an easy way to get a female Twi'lek! No need to pick the big Ghost now

What is new to this?? In every single sentence the article mentioned Eurobricks as a source...

ah right, i skipped over the first part to get right to the news, which was somewhat new to me since i havent been reading this thread religiously... my apologies for the confusion

On topic though, im really interested in the Obi-wan fighter!