Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

7 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

New small palm leaves and banana mold with the donkey Kong set, could be useful. (Moreso for pirates, but 🤷‍♀️:pir-huzzah2:

Agreed, Donkey Kong leaves and the recent Fern pieces do add a lot more variety to palms in the future assuming they become more common.

Traditional palm leaves have been quite rare lately (outside of botanical), and then consider the large ones have been retired for over 20+ years as well, so having some new options is good.

Edited by TeriXeri

The new Donkey kong sets have some nice new leaf pieces in green and light tan colors.  Nice to have some large flat leaf pieces.  

There is one dreamzzz set that leaked has some new plant pieces and mushroom people.  The Orca from the city sets looks great, more turtles, sharks, and the new seals look great.  The new Ninjago hood and villain armor looks good.  Also new leaf pieces in friends sets.  

Edited by zoth33

Those Donkey Kong leaves can certainly be used for more than just palm leaves.  They could be used to make a large variety of foliage.  Definitely a tropical vibe with those large leaves though.

Dreamzzz has a lot more to offer than leaves, especially for the more fantasy side of things.

The dream king's crown is beautiful, look at the new sword, the whole dream village set, the dreamlings themselves could make for good fae creatures, little gnomes or pixies or something, and that's just the tip of metaphorical iceberg.

Those Dreamzzz dreamlings are the stuff of nightmares. But those sets have amazing potential. I could see it becoming the new biggest hit for Lego, or the new biggest flop. But I'm excited for elements from the previewed sets to show up on B&P :excited:

In terms of more basic parts, folks who've been awaiting new recolors of the 1x4x3 half-arches from the Lion Knight's Castle set should be excited to learn that 60380 City Center has them in both Dark Orange and Brick Yellow (Tan)! The Brick Yellow ones also appear in some upcoming Dreamzz and Harry Potter sets.

11 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

Those Donkey Kong leaves can certainly be used for more than just palm leaves.  They could be used to make a large variety of foliage.  Definitely a tropical vibe with those large leaves though.

Yes and by my count there are 3 different colors so far.  And the Friends line has some leaf pieces with serrated edges that will work very well for many different plant and trees.  

10 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Dreamzzz has a lot more to offer than leaves, especially for the more fantasy side of things.

The dream king's crown is beautiful, look at the new sword, the whole dream village set, the dreamlings themselves could make for good fae creatures, little gnomes or pixies or something, and that's just the tip of metaphorical iceberg.

Yeah this line really has some great pieces and new colors of existing pieces.  I need an army of mushroom people now.  This theme will definitely bring some great custom figs and mocs parts.  The new sword does look sweet.  

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

In terms of more basic parts, folks who've been awaiting new recolors of the 1x4x3 half-arches from the Lion Knight's Castle set should be excited to learn that 60380 City Center has them in both Dark Orange and Brick Yellow (Tan)! The Brick Yellow ones also appear in some upcoming Dreamzz and Harry Potter sets.

Oh nice haven't had the time to go over every part so far.  That's good to know.  

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Oh nice haven't had the time to go over every part so far.  That's good to know.  

Yeah, me neither (especially since we haven't gotten pics of the City sets from more varied angles just yet) but those were a part that stood out to me since we haven't seen it in any colors besides shades of grey before now. Hoping to see it in Reddish Brown, White, and Black at some point in the future also!

Some other fun recolors I've noticed that could potentially be of use to historic/fantasy builders:

On 3/1/2023 at 5:39 PM, Aanchir said:

Now that clearer official pics of the individual Disney figs are available, it's a little easier to pinpoint what parts seem particularly fun/useful for historic builds...

Mutant Stitch's double arms in red could come in handy - pun entirely intended! - for fantasy minifigures such as my Demon Queen

Edited by AmperZand

The upcoming Ninjago wave comes with a new baby dragon mould that looks perfect! :wub: Too bad it only comes in sets I have otherwise absolutely no interest in.

There is also an intriguing part that looks like an Eye of Sauron, a few interesting minifig parts, and probably other things I have not noticed right now since I have not even finished my first coffee.

44 minutes ago, Aurore said:

The upcoming Ninjago wave comes with a new baby dragon mould that looks perfect! :wub: Too bad it only comes in sets I have otherwise absolutely no interest in.

There is also an intriguing part that looks like an Eye of Sauron, a few interesting minifig parts, and probably other things I have not noticed right now since I have not even finished my first coffee.

I'm exactly the same, seems that all the parts I want come in sets I have no interest in. 

22 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Mutant Stitch's double arms in red could come in handy - pun entirely intended! - for fantasy minifigures such as my Demon Queen

Although ironically being a queen, she is not one that you would arm-y build!

13 hours ago, Aurore said:

Me too but it should be readily available on the secondary market and maybe even directly from LEGO.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Although ironically being a queen, she is not one that you would arm-y build!

She’s unique in my army, but someone with a lot of disposable income could army build her of course. Would be expensive. Currently, each mutant Stitch CMF is £3.50 - so that would be the cost of just her arms. I haven’t looked up the cost of the other parts (I already had them) but probably not cheap.

New Elementary's analysis of the new parts from the upcoming Ninjago wave shows some interesting parts for medieval-fantasy adventurers (in addition to the dragon cutie and the ball):

- A grappling hook on a long rubbery whip-like part (high-res picture here)

- A frying-pan-like helmet (I have to admit it: I love this one!) (bottom-right part of this high-res picture)

- Pretty shoulder armour (right here)

- A trans-bright-green left arm (Vidiyo's Slime Singer introduced the right one)

- Quite a bunch of nice recoloured hairpieces.

Also noteworthy: a recolor of the small foliage piece in bright light yellow/cool yellow. More hues for autumn foliage!

I really want to get the missing goat sign from Ninjago city, would be awesome in a medieval moc. 

12 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

I really want to get the missing goat sign from Ninjago city, would be awesome in a medieval moc. 

Barring buying the set, you just have to wait 'til the sticker sheet is available on Bricklink.

The horse comes in white without the harness so a new print (in a Marvel set) :sweet:

So used to seeing harness prints that the horse mould just doesn't look right without a harness print.

Edited by Sir Dano

The white horse does not make me raise an eyebrow. There are so many clone horses with different prints in different colors on Aliexpress for like 1 Euro a piece that I can only laugh at TLGs strategy here. 

On 5/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, Roebuck said:

The horse comes in white without the harness so a new print (in a Marvel set) :sweet:

Shaddowfax! Show us the meaning of haste. 

The catalog available on the japanese version of the LEGO website shows a remake of SW Leia's Yavin celebration outfit, which makes an excellent medieval-fantasy lady.
The torso print looks only slightly updated compared to the 2012 version, and her hairpiece is a dark brown version of the elaborate braided hairstyle introduced for Padme in 2019 (item 48212).

The same Yavin set also introduces an interesting printed version of the neckband with medal.