You're kidding!!!!!!!!

That would be awesome - have to try it out right tomorrow...

Can confirm, it worked for me last December. I ordered about $90 worth of B&P parts, and than one 10 cent part from PAB. As soon as I put that 10 cent brick in the cart, it flipped to free shipping.

It worked - I could kick my xxx when I think about how many bricks and pieces orders I made that I had to pay shipping for, that would have been so many bricks... :)

this trick is awesome!

Hey guys!

I just ordered on bricks and pieces, does anyone know if you also get robins mini fortrex or do I have to buy a set in order to get this free polybag?? my order was over 30 euros. ikow i dont get any vip points, but how about their free polybags giveaways??

BAP doesn't count for promos or VIP points. You must spend the threshold on regular shop purchases, which include PAB but not BAP.

It worked - I could kick my xxx when I think about how many bricks and pieces orders I made that I had to pay shipping for, that would have been so many bricks... :)

this trick is awesome!

Glad it helps!

thanx for answering my question.

I just think it would help me so much if I knew that before I placed the order on BAP. ( I am kicking my xxx as well just for the same reason as you) Oh well I will use your tricks next time I visit lego shop.

Is it normal for orders involving B&P to appear as cancelled on the Order Status page? I ordered something in December, it was cancelled for quite a few days and then it opened up by itself again. Now I ordered something on Thursday and it´s still cancelled. Already wrote an e-mail during the weekend and no response do I have to phone them or will it work itself out?

A second order I placed on the same day is "in stock" and I used the single PaB brick trick for both orders and the PaB brick of the second order got shipped now while the other PaB got cancelled with the B&P.

For the navigation of the site I have found a trick. Just put an item into the shop.lego.com/S@H cart after going to the check/confirmation page of Bricks&Pieces but before putting the B&P into the cart. It doesn´t work if you leave too much time between putting the S@H item into the cart and putting the B&P bag into the cart. I used a PaB bag as the S@H item.

Also another weird glitch: Sometimes I try to add an item and when adjusting the quantity I get a text pop up saying "you exceeded the amount that is included in the set" or something similar. It is B&P for sure, not replacement parts. Other items can be added and adjusted as I wish but one occasionally just doesn´t want to work. It happened with the brown CMF hair from the Friends Hotel and with the small white Ninja Mask from Ninjago (curiously I could order two of that mask even though officially only one is in the set + one as an extra part). They even showed up as out of stock an hour later but two days later they are in stock again and can be ordered normally in any amount.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Hey guys!

I just ordered on bricks and pieces, does anyone know if you also get robins mini fortrex or do I have to buy a set in order to get this free polybag?? my order was over 30 euros. ikow i dont get any vip points, but how about their free polybags giveaways??

You have to meet the minimum threshold on the S@H side to get the Robin's Mini Fortrex polybag. Purchase on the B&P side do not count towards that.

I'm inexperienced with Bricks & Pieces. I placed my first order apparently on 2/3...and I've seen nothing yet; it was a small order too. I've not received any emails say that it shipped, but the order status say 'completed' on Lego.com. Is this normal?

I'm inexperienced with Bricks & Pieces. I placed my first order apparently on 2/3...and I've seen nothing yet; it was a small order too. I've not received any emails say that it shipped, but the order status say 'completed' on Lego.com. Is this normal?

If it says comepleted then it means its shipped - you should call them and tell em about it - or check your email again as you should have received a note that it has actually shipped

After its shipped they gonna charge your credit card and you receive an email with a proper invoice

Edited by Andrzej777

The customer service just called me because of my order and said I ordered licensed parts and that´s why they won´t process it. It wasn´t just licensed parts, normal parts like satellite dishes and bicycles as well. Apparently they also plan on making Ninjago parts licensed because of the movie even though the tv show exists for years...

Anybody else who experienced this? I found some new parts anyway so I think I will just order everything again and tell them to remove the parts they don´t like if they have problems with them.

How come they "know" that I ordered licensed parts but still can´t remove them from their inventory? I bet it will take them months to remove anything if at all, I thought the January downtime would be for removing illegal parts as well.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I don't think customer services (the people you talk to) can actually do much about the database of parts you can select from. I have cancelled orders and let them know about parts that appear to be 5c / 5p but then you get charged much more for a replacement, first time was over a year ago. Yet they still continue to advertise the parts for 5p and still continue to switch them to a more expensive part if you order it.

The customer service just called me because of my order and said I ordered licensed parts and that´s why they won´t process it. It wasn´t just licensed parts, normal parts like satellite dishes and bicycles as well. Apparently they also plan on making Ninjago parts licensed because of the movie even though the tv show exists for years...

Anybody else who experienced this? I found some new parts anyway so I think I will just order everything again and tell them to remove the parts they don´t like if they have problems with them.

How come they "know" that I ordered licensed parts but still can´t remove them from their inventory? I bet it will take them months to remove anything if at all, I thought the January downtime would be for removing illegal parts as well.

I'm somewhat surprised that they wouldn't process the order because it has licensed parts. I have definitely ordered licensed parts in the past and had no issues. This is one of the things I got in my last order: (excluding the head and the hair)

a5b1f8ea0e4e73e34b6caa544fea3d1d.jpg

Are you sure you were in the "Buy Bricks" section and not the "Missing Bricks" or "Broken Bricks" sections?

I don't think customer services (the people you talk to) can actually do much about the database of parts you can select from. I have cancelled orders and let them know about parts that appear to be 5c / 5p but then you get charged much more for a replacement, first time was over a year ago. Yet they still continue to advertise the parts for 5p and still continue to switch them to a more expensive part if you order it.

Well the customer service could simply forward the message. I suggested them that the default price shouldn't be 5c but either 0 or 100 bucks, something that stands out as not normal. 5c is a too realistic price, that's the problem.

Funny that BrickLink is a more solid & trustful (& less broken technically speaking) place than Lego's own part shop.

My latest order had some missing parts - nothing too important, and to be honest this is way more common with many BL sellers. But it's surprising that it's always missing parts, never one too many.

Edited by anothergol

So apparently the Futuron guy from 60097 (http://alpha.brickli...ge?M=cty582#T=P) is on B&P?!? :excited: Just ordered me a couple, along with a rainbow assortment of bicycles and streamers. Medium azure bicycles!! Pink streamers!! How did I miss those? Tip: If you want to get that Futuron dude, his green legs are cheaper on PAB.

Edited by Junior Shark

So apparently the Futuron guy from 60097 (http://alpha.brickli...ge?M=cty582#T=P) is on B&P?!? :excited: Just ordered me a couple, along with a rainbow assortment of bicycles and streamers. Medium azure bicycles!! Pink streamers!! How did I miss those? Tip: If you want to get that Futuron dude, his green legs are cheaper on PAB.

I looked for those on there several times in the past few months and they were listed, but were always "not available." I ended up just getting some from Bricklink.

What on earth are streamers? :look:

What on earth are streamers? :look:

That is the official LEGO name for Flag 1x4 wave (part 4495).

How easily can you break a 1x4 hinged plate? Could be a stupid question, but why I ask is I put my sort my legos by sets into zip-lock bags, and some of them contain this part, but I put them half-opened. Should I take them out and close them, or just leave them where they are?

You can't break hinges, you're a cat.

Seriously though, those things are pretty tough. I also stuff my sets into bags, then they all get put into a huge lidded tub. I haven't yet had an opened-out hinge break on me, but closing them might actually be the best thing to do.

You realize this thread is about Lego's Bricks & Pieces service, right?

Do you mean this hinge piece: http://alpha.brickli...lor=85#T=P&C=85? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. I sort into bags as well, and I've never had any issue with opened hinges breaking in storage. I've had hinge pieces for over a decade and none have ever broken on me.

Edited by Junior Shark

How easily can you break a 1x4 hinged plate? Could be a stupid question, but why I ask is I put my sort my legos by sets into zip-lock bags, and some of them contain this part, but I put them half-opened. Should I take them out and close them, or just leave them where they are?

Very easily. I ordered a bunch and at least three snapped just testing them out opening and closing them.