Bricks&Pieces is/was? an alternative to Pick a Brick that doesn't suck, for those rare parts that would have no chance to be on Pick a Brick (which is never a better deal than BrickLink).

I made an order last week (for the hollowed round 1x1 plates in LBG, quite useful & only available in the Dimensions Portal set) and today I notice that it's.. gone? I'm only seeing the first 2 ('part is missing') options here.

I seriously hope they're merging it with Pick a Brick, for something more useful.

In my last order I had spotted mini-legs in LBG for 5 cents btw. Sounded like a good deal, but not too good to be true - BrickLink prices are purely based on rarity but for Lego mini-legs are just 1 part, not an assembly, so they could exist for 5 cents.

Well Lego fixed their prices & billed me the remainder without even asking, that's not nice of them. Lucky I didn't buy 100's - something I can imagine a BL shop owner doing.

They usually shut down B&P buy option until mid-January, although there seems not to be a notice this time.

I just noticed this too!

Was going to buy some of the new Technic pieces (btw, all new parts from 42043 seemed to be available, except the pneumatics) a couple of days ago, but B&P started acting up (as it often seems to do), and when I was going to try again today, it was simply gone! :look:

I really hope they haven't abandoned this service!

The legs are considered an assembly. However they often get prices wrong (always the 5c ones) and just charge you what it should be rather than what it was listed at, without telling you. There are a few torsos like that too.

My order says it has been cancelled. Is it actually or will they still ship it? Has anybody dealt with this previously and can shed some light on this?

I just placed an order with this service last week and received a shipment notification a day later. I ordered around 300 parts for my Green Grocer build. No problems here. On a side note, does anyone know where these orders ship from? I only ask because I live twenty minutes from Enfield Connecticut and figured I would've received everything by now it it was shipping from there. Or are they really shipping it from Denmark?

It's being discussed in this thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118184&st=25

Everyone:

The Bricks and Pieces buying parts system is currently gone. Do not panic; I talked to Lego customer service, and they said that it's a temporary thing. During the holidays, they only offer replacement services, not purchase services, in order to deal with the increase in complaints. It will return shortly after the start of the new year.

The legs are considered an assembly. However they often get prices wrong (always the 5c ones) and just charge you what it should be rather than what it was listed at, without telling you. There are a few torsos like that too.

They're mini-legs though, so not an assembly. I thought that maybe someone had input 5 cents instead of 50, but it turns out they're 30 cents.

I don't even need mini-legs, but in LBG it's a nice detail part that works as a brick (only it has to be plugged in another, not plate).

Or are they really shipping it from Denmark?

As a matter of fact, my Visa got charged in Denmark, so yes - but I'm in europe, so I doubt it applies to you.

Their shipping prices are very low considering where it's sent from, btw.

Was going to buy some of the new Technic pieces (btw, all new parts from 42043 seemed to be available, except the pneumatics) a couple of days ago, but B&P started acting up (as it often seems to do), and when I was going to try again today, it was simply gone! :look:

yeah, looks like it does that for everyone. Basically you have to make a dummy order first, and when it takes you to the lego shop and it's all lost, go back and make your real order. It got me the first time, so for my second order I took screenshots in the case I had to re-fill the order, and I had to.

Edited by anothergol

I just placed an order with this service last week and received a shipment notification a day later. I ordered around 300 parts for my Green Grocer build. No problems here. On a side note, does anyone know where these orders ship from? I only ask because I live twenty minutes from Enfield Connecticut and figured I would've received everything by now it it was shipping from there. Or are they really shipping it from Denmark?

In answer to your question, yes BnP orders are shipped from Denmark to North America. Expect cool, clean and crisp new parts. Ah, Refreshing!

Some of the operators in Customer Service were a bit confused about BnP service shutting down for the holidays. They usually do this to catch up with orders that have been placed and to allow for shipments from their factories to replenish part inventories. So fear not about your existing orders!

I had been asking if they would stay open this year but sadly no. Looks like I will be waiting on my projects till February now... :sadnew:

My order says it has been cancelled. Is it actually or will they still ship it? Has anybody dealt with this previously and can shed some light on this?

I had quite a few orders in, all of them cancelled :(

I wonder if B&P is just bulk extras that Lego made on anticipation of damaged parts. I'm wondering if B&P would then have a limited run for each part.

While PaB is more for ongoing common parts made.

I wonder if B&P is just bulk extras that Lego made on anticipation of damaged parts. I'm wondering if B&P would then have a limited run for each part.

While PaB is more for on

going common parts made.

Yes, it grew out of replacement parts.

They just limit the number of sold parts available to focus on production elsewhere. Plus, they always have a huge inventory update early on in the year with all of the new sets.

February it should be back up to order regular parts again. This has been a trend the last handful of years I've been ordering from them.

For me, BnP has always been "out of stock" of any part that was released on or after June 2015, and last time I checked while the service was still up, every part that was new in the Summer releases was not in stock, and I never got a truthful answer from Customer Service. Anyone else noticed this over the last 5-6 months or is that just me?

Anyway, as for BnP disappearing, I know it's definitely normal at this time of year, and it makes perfect sense. They usually shut down for purchases from mid December to late January, both to refresh the warehouse with new 2016 set parts and so they can deal with the inevitable missing/broken part complaints more effectively. And I'm just hoping that, while the BnP service is shut for purchases, they can also fix the "out of stock" problems all new pieces from June 2015 onwards seem to have had and they'll be available to purchase upon re-opening (along with parts from the January release 2016 sets). Well, one can hope!

Yes, the new since June parts have been missing until about 10 days ago. At least, that is when I placed some orders for new parts. It's been a very narrow window this time before they closed it again for the Christmas complaints.

both to refresh the warehouse with new 2016 set parts

they add parts progressively as they are made, there's nothing more special in december

they add parts progressively as they are made, there's nothing more special in december

That's not quite what I meant by my comment, I should have added that they probably close so they can do their annual warehouse stock check (I know they do this when they close BnP tp paid orders) as well as add 2016 parts as their respective sets are released worldwide.

My B&P order arrived yesterday, indeed from Denmark - with parts missing :( My 1x4x6 glass panels were replaced with part #18646 in black, which color, according to Bricklink, isn't even available. I sent customer service an email - hoping for a quick response and quick delivery. My Green Grocer is looking like it was just broken into and looted without those window panes.

My B&P order arrived yesterday, indeed from Denmark - with parts missing :( My 1x4x6 glass panels were replaced with part #18646 in black, which color, according to Bricklink, isn't even available. I sent customer service an email - hoping for a quick response and quick delivery. My Green Grocer is looking like it was just broken into and looted without those window panes.

I'd keep hold of those new parts then... if BL says they're not available then at some point they may help pay for your GG!

semi round plates in black? that sounds useful & precious. Although if you got them in black, it's probably that they're in black in a 2016 set.

I received both my orders on Saturday but unfortunately they'd missed both my Luke heads out. I emailed them and had a very sweet response telling me that as they were licensed they weren't really allowed to send me them but they would as a 'treat'... It's almost like Customer Service have no idea that there are any licensed parts on B&P at all.

I received both my orders on Saturday but unfortunately they'd missed both my Luke heads out. I emailed them and had a very sweet response telling me that as they were licensed they weren't really allowed to send me them but they would as a 'treat'... It's almost like Customer Service have no idea that there are any licensed parts on B&P at all.

That's a real stinker, man. I just got my B&P order with all parts there and accounted for. The kicker? All licensed parts. :laugh: I mean, if you specifically paid for that part, and you've already been charged, then you should get it.

So how do you order a quantity of a piece of more than what is in the kit? I.E. certain piece I need 8 of but only 2 came in a specific set so it only gives me the option to get 2.