LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

4 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Anyone is knowing for which dates Lego is sending the current B&P orders? I was ordering on the 25th of December and this was recently sended out. When I called Lego, they were telling to me that they are not supposed to say which day the warehouse in denmark is now packing.

My Jan 11 order still hasn't shipped, so the order date for shipping is somewhere in that two week period.

Don't worry. After the useless switchover none of us will be placing orders! Yay! 

59 minutes ago, Maple said:

Don't worry. After the useless switchover none of us will be placing orders! Yay! 

I know, we will never know but it would be interesting to see how the average orderintake goes after these changes. I would think that most people would like the new interface better, I think thats an improvement. 

But after those new thresholds for shipping (or alignment as management will say...) my orders will certanly be fewer. Not that I was a "top order" before, but I really enjoyed to create orders for a specific project, or if I saw some interesting bricks that would be handy later on and the shipping fee was small.

11 minutes ago, jpx said:

I know, we will never know but it would be interesting to see how the average orderintake goes after these changes. I would think that most people would like the new interface better, I think thats an improvement. 

But after those new thresholds for shipping (or alignment as management will say...) my orders will certanly be fewer. Not that I was a "top order" before, but I really enjoyed to create orders for a specific project, or if I saw some interesting bricks that would be handy later on and the shipping fee was small.

What's the point of a new interface when a lot of pieces are no longer order-able or cost so much it's not worth it?

I mainly used B&P for the animals and printed parts, but if the new horse price is an indication of how it’s going to be then I will probably wait for Bricklink or buy the set (like 60327) on discount. If the prices are acceptable I will place an order, but not as much as I do now (once a month or so). I rarely get to €55 so I either need a lot of pieces, need a few euro to get to a promotion threshold or place an order for a set that would give me free shipping. 

The new layout is a plus and I don’t really mind that we cannot see the out of stock pieces although I wish they were visible. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

The PAB Engineering team said they are looking at improving the search fucntionality of PAB.

Source (Look at the comments specifically at the user called "Coconapple".

I suggest if there's any improvements you want considered to post them in the comments section of that article.

My personal squirrel hunt has just ended (I hope so :snicker:), at least for the red one (6384077), but black (6384078) and grey (6390506) one are less important for me.

It's available in Italy, at least for now, considering that yesterday was available only from 10 to 11 o'clock in the morning.

Unluckily no dark orange horse (6370297), so I bought a second sand yellow one (6343565) but I managed to purchase the turtle (6386219) and some sheeps (6342625) plus some other minor pieces.

Sometimes looking for pieces on B&P can be exhausting, especially when you see on BrickLink stores with hundreds or thousand of sheeps and dozens of squirrel. Unluckily I also have to work and I have only little spare time for chasing squirrels :iamded_lol:

Another issue with new system I found today:-

Similar to how normal lego basket works but different to how B&P work, if you have a long lasting PaB bag in the new system and an item goes out of stock, it just disappears from the bag. No notification that an item has gone (except change in price) and no notification of which piece.

Well I felt compelled not to wait for March and get one more small US order in before B&P gets wrecked for the US too.

Something weird is the difference in price between the tan and medium nougat Superman hair - 76782. The medium nougat is double the price of the tan one!

I haven't really seen anything so far that convinces me that the new system is worse. I for one will likely wait until it launches in Australia and then go ahead and place an order :)

23 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I haven't really seen anything so far that convinces me that the new system is worse. I for one will likely wait until it launches in Australia and then go ahead and place an order :)

Higher prices for certain desirable parts (like animals), inability to see out of stock parts - those are the two keys things that are worse. There's also now a service fee but with a very low threshold to get rid of it, and a somewhat higher shipping cost for Europe, but ours was already outrageous in Aus.

47 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Higher cost and worse selection doesn't make the new system worse?

5 hours ago, Maple said:

Has anyone bought anything since the wreckage switch?

I'm in the US. Doesn't appear to have switched here yet. I did place an order this evening just in case prices skyrocket in the future OR items are removed. 

Thanks everyone for sharing (Horses, turtles etc)

11 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Another issue with new system I found today:-

Similar to how normal lego basket works but different to how B&P work, if you have a long lasting PaB bag in the new system and an item goes out of stock, it just disappears from the bag. No notification that an item has gone (except change in price) and no notification of which piece.

:facepalm:
That would have been a way to counter the new issue with parts going missing when they are out of stock and the new fees, nice that they have removed that possibility also :hmpf:

18 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Tan sea turtle is back in stock. It’s 1315.

Seems to have doubled in price 😧

19 minutes ago, williejm said:

Seems to have doubled in price 😧

Here in USA, it’s $1.60. I’m not sure what is the original price on that sea turtle before the price went up.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Here in USA, it’s $1.60. I’m not sure what is the original price on that sea turtle before the price went up.

It was easily over $1 since it appeared in the US. Fairly certain it was always around $1.60 in the US.

U.K. folks - when looking at the PAB/B&P can you see part prices in ££? For some reason I’m only getting €€…

10 hours ago, williejm said:

U.K. folks - when looking at the PAB/B&P can you see part prices in ££? For some reason I’m only getting €€…

I see ££. I hope I don’t come off as patronising but you sure you’re on GB version?

I really wanted to make a final Bricks and pieces order, what a shame... I had a cart full of stuff and now the new system is also here in France

edit : alot of things actually went down in price surprisingly, like some printed parts and such... Well I'll do an order on the new Pick and Build later today :) we shall see

Also, I noticed the service fees do not include the shipping. so if you have a Pick and build cart worth 30€, you will still have to pay regular 6€ shipping here in France, instead of the 1.80€ it used to be at Bricks and Pieces

Edited by Chopper Bricks