Jim

[TC9] Technic A Plus B Model Contest - Information Topic

I know it's Technically not against the rules, but the idea is to make a new MOC for this contest, not use an existing MOC :hmpf_bad:

Stating that you already have MOC that could FIT the competition kind of ruins the appreciation for me.

I understand, infact last night I've started something completely new also because this time we have more weeks to work! But still this new moc could have mirrors as it's a vehicle….so my question is still valid!

@Epic Technic: Read the rules :wink:

Nope

Silly me :laugh:

Should there be a minimum percentage of pieces from the A model used for the B model or not?

Yeah 99,99% or you'll be disqualified :-P I think that should be up to the builder. I don't think even the official designers have B model parts usage percentage rule...

Also, can it be a studded design? With some resemblance to technic? Like using beams/panel here and there….

I'm cool with some studded beams and panels, but NO model team finish. I forgot to mention that in the rules. Sorry if that hurts someone already started.

I have updated the rules.

I'm cool with some studded beams and panels, but NO model team finish. I forgot to mention that in the rules. Sorry if that hurts someone already started.

I have updated the rules.

Ok perfect, it makes sense because we already had a model team contest! I'll try to use as less bricks as I can!!

Edited by TheItalianBrick

What about stickers? Can they be different between A and B model or only same ones to B model as there is in A model? Am I right that boxes can be different between A and B model, just in 10000 limit?

What about stickers? Can they be different between A and B model or only same ones to B model as there is in A model? Am I right that boxes can be different between A and B model, just in 10000 limit?

Good question; I think using the same stickers is better. This is how TLG does it most of the time.

You are right about the dimensions. Each model can have it's own bounding box.

Good question; I think using the same stickers is better. This is how TLG does it most of the time.

You are right about the dimensions. Each model can have it's own bounding box.

Ok, thanks :thumbup: Now just thinking and doing, I have a idea for A model but not for B... But it will come "on the run", I hope :laugh:

….so my question is still valid!

The answer to your question is also still valid :wink:

I for one agree with ZBLJ.. Instead of using your creativity to find ways to circumvent the rules, use that creativity to make solutions in your models so they comply with the - in my opinion - quite straightforward rules: 10k cubic studs :thumbup:

I imagine this will be a great contest, and I've started something I hope will fit the "box." But as is usually the case, things quickly grow bigger than anticipated, so I expect a lot of redesigning to find something I'm satisfied with. Short hint for my entry: long pneumatic cylinders :grin:

Edited by D3K

The answer to your question is also still valid :wink:

I for one agree with ZBLJ.. Instead of using your creativity to find ways to circumvent the rules, use that creativity to make solutions in your models so they comply with the - in my opinion - quite straightforward rules: 10k cubic studs :thumbup:

The only reason why I'e asked is because in the past we already had a similar situation and in that case the mirrors weren't counted in!

I've got an idea to build models for this contest using parts just out of one official LEGO Technic set. It will be great challenge because when I'm finish I'll get four models built out of same pile of bricks. :wink:

I've got an idea to build models for this contest using parts just out of one official LEGO Technic set. It will be great challenge because when I'm finish I'll get four models built out of same pile of bricks. :wink:

That sounds interesing! Make it so :sweet::thumbup:

I really like the idea with this contest, with the restriction of 10k c.s. For instance, even the small plane 42044 is (according to my estimate) around 6k c.s., so this is going to be a challenge. And more than double challenge when including a B model. So I guess we all have to think out of the box, to fit inside it :laugh:

Jim replied to his own post with a nope. Does that mean we don't have to read the rules? :laugh:

tumblr_njzhnm2xa41qet9hvo3_500.png

OT: Exploding Kittens is awesome :wink:

I have a "interesting" history of entries to contests on this forum so can I enter? :tongue:

If you have any doubts about the suitability of your entry contact me, or Milan.

Someone's been copying and pasting again..... :snicker:

Is a motor allowed to drive the pneumatic pump?

Electronics are not allowed. And it will be great to see all those manual models!

Like Milan said; no electronics this time. Not even a pump. All manual.

What if B-model needs some piece that was not part of of A-model, but would be easily hidden or attached to it initially? I just think it is not really possible to have both models built simultaneously, it would be more of "A-model first, disassemble it, build B-model from existing pieces.

Too bad, I'll skip this one too then.

Too bad. I think you are able to deliver something without PF. What's wrong with using a manual pump?

Too bad. I think you are able to deliver something without PF. What's wrong with using a manual pump?

I am, but there is no fun with such rules. Just checked - it will be the 3rd skipped contest in a row :sceptic:

P.S. why even leds were not allowed? Do they make such a difference?

Edited by Omikron