WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71011 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 15?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 15?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

If the prince were seemingly related to the princess minifigure as some have suggested, however, it would present a problem for most cultures. If the princess were to kiss a frog only to find it's her own brother...That'd be way too Star-Warsy.

Perhaps the prince will also hold a frog to signify that he is NOT a frog-prince, making it clear that he is also not the frog that the princess is hlding.

In the same series, there could be a Herpetologist minifigure that we find out through his bio is actually a Were-Frog. This would end up connecting him to the frog the princess holds.

On topic: I love Series 15!

I don´t think they´re related.

Prince Charming is usually someone, who comes from far, far away to save the princess from misery.

And when that is done, they will marry and they all lived happily ever after.

Hmm, as I write this, I wonder if the princess has ever been asked if she wants to marry the prince at all.

Love at first sight must have been widely used at that time... :sadnew:

Nah, simple solution : have a prince charming and a 'frog suit guy' in the same series ;)

I love this idea. A Frog Suit Guy would be great. Reminds me of Mario. Now I also want a Tanooki Suit Guy.

Great review!thanx. This is the best series so far! I like 11/16 figures. My favorite parts are shark guy, queen, pig, skunk, wrestlers hair, thief's hair, janitor, looove the clumsy guy and his hilarious t-shirt, like ballerinas torso and hair, oh the baby and satyr, which i diddn't like at first.

I didn't think of that. Perhaps they could be siblings anyway, and have the prince constantly looking around various kingdoms for a princess who wants to marry him?

How could Prince Charming be a Prince Charming in his own (or rather: in his parents) kingdom?

I always thought the charming part means, that he´s trying to charm the princess of his interest. :wink:

I don´t think he would charm his own sister.

In this case he´s only a Prince Charming in other kingdoms (with other princesses), while he is only a normal prince in his home kingdom.

And I think, the amphibian formerly known as Prince Charming must also come from far, far away.

Edited by Mellow

The new series 15 is available in Germany. What a great one!

I like most of the new minifigs. Many useful minifigs for my city. :laugh:

Edited by Zusammengebaut

And mostly easy to feel for, too. Lego store was sooo packed, even more than before Christmas. Hardest to find must be the Knight and Ballerina from my experience.

Excellent review!!! Full of detail and I love how you've put similar characters from previous sets together and also done little scenarios...brilliant!!!

Thank you!!! :)

The review was outstanding as usual! The ballerina is my favorite, but there are some other winners as well. Looks like a great series....time to hit the store and see what I can find.

A deep thanks to White Fang for putting so much effort into telling a story with each fig. Not only is he an outstanding reviewer, but he is a helluva nice guy in person. (It was good to see you and your family again in NC over Thanksgiving!)

His reviews are critical for telling us which figs might interest us the most. At 4USD a pop, this is good info!

This is the first series of collectible minifigures after my "dark ages".

I'm only interested in 2 though. How does it work, when you buy them? Do shops let you feel them, or are they preventing you from doing it to support the "random" aspect?

Are they more strict in Lego stores or I should look for normal toy stores where they might be in some remote aisle?

This is the first series of collectible minifigures after my "dark ages".

I'm only interested in 2 though. How does it work, when you buy them? Do shops let you feel them, or are they preventing you from doing it to support the "random" aspect?

Are they more strict in Lego stores or I should look for normal toy stores where they might be in some remote aisle?

Welcome back to LEGO!

In answer to your question, it depends on who you are and the store. Some stores keep the minifigs behind the counter because so many get stolen otherwise. If you don't look dodgy and explain to the store staff that you would like to feel the packets to identify particular ones without damaging them, most stores are happy to hand you a box and let you feel the packets while you're standing next to the till. I've even been asked by staff at one place to help them find the minifigs they were looking for!

I haven't been to the LEGO store nearest me in a while, but they used to be OK with customers feeling the packets by the till. If you go at a quiet time, the staff may even help you to feel for the ones you want. Of course, you don't know how good they are at it and it's a bit awkward to doubt them to their face.

@Tokru, If you really are lucky, there will be little kids with little fingers who can find whichever ones you want. They seem to be much better at it than I am. And then you can always open then after you pay in the LEGO store, and trade a few onsite to get the ones you missed. If the carton is not new, all the ones that you want may already have been taken. So find out when they will bring out a new carton. Most US stores appear to be okay with folks fingering the packets to find what they want. It varies in other places. Good luck and brings lots of money to the party!

Thank you so much for everyone showing such great support in this review. Now, our US friends are also equally happy that it has finally appeared on retail shelves. I am sure many of you guys out there will be going all out to search for your favourite minifigures. This Series 15 seemed to have more different minifigures being widely sought for, among many AFOLs. Like myself, I am focusing more on the knights and winged warriors. Using the touch and feel method is definitely the way to go. It help me greatly to isolate and identify the ones I want. I hope you will have good luck and timing to get them.

A deep thanks to White Fang for putting so much effort into telling a story with each fig. Not only is he an outstanding reviewer, but he is a helluva nice guy in person. (It was good to see you and your family again in NC over Thanksgiving!)

Thank you so much, likewise it was great to meet you and your family too. :sweet:

Top notch review, as usual.

But I have one question: is the astronauts flag white or silver or even light bley? It looks different on every picture...

Could it be a legal issue over the likeness of the wrestling champion?

Do you think so? :look: That's an interesting point

I assume they double check with their legal department but who knows.... :look:

According to the official LEGO recall homepage "no recall since 2009"... So I don't know where that comes from.