Rick

10251 Brick Bank

And the last photoshop MOD (the most rediculous one) :wacko:21487911293_694781b4a1.jpg

It kind of reminds me of the last pages of the Cafe Corner instructions! Back then LEGO was inciting fans to buy up to six copies of this set to make a mega construction since they couldn't push fans to buy other sets (seeing that this was the first modular).

Personally, I think the laundromat behind the bank makes perfect sense. Respectable buildings, such as a bank are on Main Street while laundromats and other sleazier businesses are usually on seedier side streets. That probably explains why the main side of the bank looks more like a facade rather than half of a corner.

I for one am looking forward to adding this modular to my collection.

Dan-147

Edited by Dan-147

I think what you're talking about is just the 2x2 radar dish that has been around forever. You can see it well in the top down picture of the first floor.

Dam it, you're right looking at the lower one I could see the leading edge of the dish.......man, we need high res pictures to see everything better.

I'm interested in seeing what the BB looks like if you turn it and have the Laundromat next to the DO. I feel like the laundromat will look better next to the DO than the bank's main facade.

Dam it, you're right looking at the lower one I could see the leading edge of the dish.......man, we need high res pictures to see everything better.

Did you click on the image? :look:

And the last photoshop MOD (the most rediculous one) :wacko:

That one looks really good but it would be kinda boring to build :grin:

Congratulations for those amazing pics, LegoSjaak

Edited by Robert8

Another great model, I think the addition of the laundromat is hilarious. Most excited to see a departure from the usual corner building. I don't get all the gripes on the size of the building... I do get the wanting the most for your money, and now with the more detailed interiors were getting, of course that will include a lot of small parts that people are saying is "padding". As for the piece count, it is in lone with the others(recently). However, I'm not getting the slight price increase, without knowing what factors into the price entirely.

Did you click on the image? :look:

No, but give the poor tiger a break - my mum is in hospital, wife got some bad news and my business is on it's knees so perhaps I could be forgiven for not clicking.

No, but give the poor tiger a break - my mum is in hospital, wife got some bad news and my business is on it's knees so perhaps I could be forgiven for not clicking.

I'm sorry to hear that

Hope everything will be fine :classic:

That one looks really good but it would be kinda boring to build :grin:

Congratulations for those amazing pics, LegoSjaak

OMG I love it!!! You sir a a genius!! Probably the first time I will be buying multiple of a modular!

The pics i posted are not thát difficult to make... i actually made them whilst working hours.. (..don't tell my boss). I only used 'Paint' to copy and paste parts of the original picture. I've used this method to find out what would look good when making one XL-modular out of two original sets. For me it does the job pretty good to get an impression of the endresult. It also worked fine before with the PC, PR and DO.... :grin:16261411962_813253fb84.jpg11976677345_16cf475309.jpg13981014254_7eb1fb9ba6.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

I love this. Might get this before the DO.

As for the smaller size, storytelling wasting parts etcetera. You've got to admit from a sales/marketing perspective it is genius. A smaller build which doubles as a playset speaks to a broader audience and at the same time triggers multiple purchases for the fans who line their modulars with an extra floor.

I think the Bank is an absolute must have! Good lord that thing is gorgeous! And great new colors for some awesome parts! WHOOP!

Hey,

what do you think, 2nd floor is tan or white?

On Box art looks like white. But clock looks "more white" then walls.

22088800365_e25a344821_b.jpg

Here walls are definitely more like tan:

22098661481_427d7d059c.jpg

every picture eccept for that tan one has white bricks.. you can see in the detail pictures that it had white walls

every picture eccept for that tan one has white bricks.. you can see in the detail pictures that it had white walls

Also in the picture with tan walls, the green in windows is way too saturated, what proves the colors in this image are generally off.

Good point with the saturation.

I am glad that's white, looks much better then tan version.

Beside nice design and overall being neat building there are many usefull parts for MOCs in that set. I might be buying it :)

The pics i posted are not thát difficult to make... i actually made them whilst working hours.. (..don't tell my boss). I only used 'Paint' to copy and paste parts of the original picture. I've used this method to find out what would look good when making one XL-modular out of two original sets. For me it does the job pretty good to get an impression of the endresult. It also worked fine before with the PC, PR and DO.... :grin:

Ok LegoSjaak, your next photoshop mission, should you wish to accept is! Are you able to photoshop the DO onto the Laundromat side of BB? :laugh:

Edited by scottwb2010

I can't believe so many people like this- to me it's the ugliest looking modular not counting Market Street. The colors look awful, nothing flows together. It's shorter than the DO. It doesn't seem to say "Bank" anywhere- not even on the printed windows. The DO was small but at least I thought it looked good. I don't understand where my sense of design began to differ so much with the rest of the community.

I can't believe so many people like this- to me it's the ugliest looking modular not counting Market Street. The colors look awful, nothing flows together. It's shorter than the DO. It doesn't seem to say "Bank" anywhere- not even on the printed windows. The DO was small but at least I thought it looked good. I don't understand where my sense of design began to differ so much with the rest of the community.

I don't understand why you expect everyone's tastes to agree with yours. Your opinion is not technically correct, even if it is valid.

Why do you think the colors look awful? white and grey aren't extravagant colors and can commonly be seen on real buildings.

I don't think it's fair to put all the load on Jamie as a designer, since the size of the building isn't really part of the design as much as keeping inside the price boundary while satisfying a market majority. I am sure he would like a large impressive building himself if this was made for a lego exhibition.

As an actual product where you have endless angles to think about, from playability, clever parts usage, colors, size and of course price, this is as finished and polished as it gets. Most moc's that come even close, either use obsolete parts, illegal builds or enormous brick counts which just isn't plausible as a set, so replacing Jaime as designer would be very hard for keeping with the style. (btw i'm pretty sure Astrid had a lot of help from him)

It's called "modular buildings" which means they are both modular in the sense they connect to each other, but also modular in the sense they are expandable. So where is the problem? too small? buy two, too expensive? too bad. Large sets already have a much better price per piece ratio, you aren't paying for any licences, so I think we just have high expectations or better yet unrealistic ones.

Why do you think the colors look awful? white and grey aren't extravagant colors and can commonly be seen on real buildings.

I don't think it's fair to put all the load on Jamie as a designer, since the size of the building isn't really part of the design as much as keeping inside the price boundary while satisfying a market majority. I am sure he would like a large impressive building himself if this was made for a lego exhibition.

As an actual product where you have endless angles to think about, from playability, clever parts usage, colors, size and of course price, this is as finished and polished as it gets. Most moc's that come even close, either use obsolete parts, illegal builds or enormous brick counts which just isn't plausible as a set, so replacing Jaime as designer would be very hard for keeping with the style. (btw i'm pretty sure Astrid had a lot of help from him)

It's called "modular buildings" which means they are both modular in the sense they connect to each other, but also modular in the sense they are expandable. So where is the problem? too small? buy two, too expensive? too bad. Large sets already have a much better price per piece ratio, you aren't paying for any licences, so I think we just have high expectations or better yet unrealistic ones.

I agree.

Well, as you know, you can't argue about tastes. But it's simple: don't like it, don't buy it. Or buy it and modify it yourself.

My first impression (with the leaked oversaturated / tan walls picture) was very negative, looked like a bad MOC to me. But when I saw the official pics, I found the building very nice. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think it's groundbreaking, but looks good to me. Enough to buy it.

Edited by Gongoro73