whung

LEGO Seasonal 2016

I like that Santa Claus. I will get this out off all the other seasonal sets.

I really like that Santa. Haven't really paid much attention to these seasonal sets this year, but Mr. Claus caught my eye. May just have to get him if I have the chance.

The details here are really well done with some creative uses of Lego parts like the 1x2 pieces used for the white trim above Santa's boots and the feather pieces used for a little bit of the beard. :thumbup: It will definitely make a very nice table ornament but I still probably won't get it.

Looks pretty substantial. I especially like the dark green. But as a parts pack, I prefer the reindeer - Im a sucker for the browns.

Looks slightly better than the vampire or the elf or the pilgrim.... 

Can't wait to see the 2017 seasonal St Valentine set

12 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

You know those little kids that are scared and cry when taken to sit on Santa's lap?  That's what this reminds me of.

Does anyone know if we are getting this year, those two exclusive christmas sets? Haven´t seen any news on them and it is october already.

There seem to be a lot of Christmas sets this year - this Santa, the Elves workshop, the nutcracker tree ornament, the reindeer, the snowglobe...

2 hours ago, The Cobra said:

@Mencot: Elves and Santa, either see previous posts or look here.

He said exclusives, so I assume he means the rare holiday promos.  The Santa snow globe is one of them; I thought the elves would be based on the prelim packaging having the blacked-out banner but they're a regular release so I am starting to doubt a second set. That holiday countdown calendar seems to have taken its spot. 

I meant these kinds of sets http://toysnbricks.com/lego-40107-holiday-part-2-set-2014-christmas/

That Elves sets prelim packaging looks like the same kind of box but the set itself doesn´t look at all like what TLG has given out in the last 5 years. But it fits in with the rest of the big and blocky figures they have released this year. So meh and blaah.

It appears that the holiday countdown and the santa snow globe are the two small sets for this year. I find them somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for small sets possibly related to the holiday train. I guess I just have to settle for some good parts from them this year.

anyone knows the release date for the snowglobe?

kinda hoping its this month because of the 2x VIP points in europe...

On 15-10-2016 at 1:40 AM, just_one said:

Don't have an answer to that, I would like to know that as well! Also, how much would you have to spend to get it? Can somebody please clear this up?

I've spent so much on LEGO this year that I want to limit myself to one more big purchase this year, so either I use Double VIP + London Bus + Nexo Guard, or I wait for the Snow Globe promotion, if that's a better deal.

On 10/14/2016 at 7:40 PM, just_one said:

Snowglobe is black friday (nov 25-28), with VIP release 19-20.

Yes and the purchase threshold is $99. Its on the November calendar, you have to click the pdf version to see the fine print. 

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

On 7.10.2016 at 8:48 PM, Blackpool said:

[...] holiday countdown and the santa snow globe [...] I find them somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for small sets possibly related to the holiday train. I guess I just have to settle for some good parts from them this year.

I completely agree with you, Blackpool!

We shouldn't be ungrateful; of course it's a very nice thing that TLG offers us some nice and exclusive sets for free.

But I, too, wish that TLG would instead release small Winter Village add-ons in the future - like they did 2011-2013. These were namely excellent, small sets which fit perfect in our Winter Villages! Therefore it's for sure no fault to write down our wishes for WV giveaways at:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32321-ideas-for-10199-winter-toy-shop-add-ons/&page=1

Klaus-Dieter

The December Lego Store Calendar is out. Gingerbread Man figure is the giveaway, similar to the Chicken Guy from earlier this year. hf6zZ8A.jpg

m4gFkT0.jpg

That is disappointing. $50 for one minifigure is not very appealing to make me want to buy in December. (Since the City volcano Jackhammer polybag came with an order of 35$ city sets) Plus no double VIP points because the promotion doesn't start until the 12th. Why does He not even have his "Drink Me" cup?

And to add on to that it appears that the calendar does not have any more coupons to use throughout the year. :( Can anyone verify this information?