BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

14 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

That and the new Theme that is created for it. I mean, while still a leak we know nothing for certain but with the info we got it would be surprising to get something else at this point.

The only info I have no idea how it would fit into that theme is the supposed customizational hair pieces.

Who said there would be a new theme for space-themed set?

16 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Who said there would be a new theme for space-themed set?

I don't think it's a new theme, but rather a label , similar to how LEGO put things like Modular Building Collection , Winter Village Collection, or Botanical Collection on boxes nowadays, and those are all Icons.

So instead of things like Castle , Space, or Pirate Collection, it'll be under the label "Moments" to reflect it's based on an older in-house set or theme without being strictly forced to a specific theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't think it's a new theme, but rather a label , similar to how LEGO put things like Modular Building Collection , Winter Village Collection, or Botanical Collection on boxes nowadays, and those are all Icons.

Yeah, it would be “sub-theme” under the main Icons theme. 

I only know there woul be a new sub-theme under Icons called “Moments”. Creating a new theme just doens’t make sense to me. 

21 hours ago, Lion King said:

I only know there woul be a new sub-theme under Icons called “Moments”. Creating a new theme just doens’t make sense to me. 

That is what I was talking about, and actually it might be a subtheme (moments) with and subsubtheme (space) :P. I think Brickset will just list it as Subtheme Moments Space though. Anyways. The point is that labeling it as Moments: Space kinda implies that it is a Theme that is made for Retro Sets, which would lead to it beeing a Blacktron ship - and not only some random black ship. 

On 6/22/2022 at 2:21 PM, karrit said:

I love this Castle but I'd really like to see them com up with a Castle that has Round Turrets made with curved profile bricks.

This has been done in Löwenstein Castle and it looks like we may get another one in the MMV remake in 2024.

Edited by Follows Closely

26 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

This has been done in Löwenstein Castle and it looks like we may get another one in the MMV remake in 2024.

Hmm, on what is this based? The prelim pictures had a turret that looked quite similar to the ones in the castle.

6 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Hmm, on what is this based? The prelim pictures had a turret that looked quite similar to the ones in the castle.

It was based on my bad memoriy of a poor quality image. Looks square :(

Posted (edited)

Looks like Castle is in quite a strong future currently : 

•  Lion Knights Castle (Icons) (Lion Knights mainly, some Falcons and Forestmen)
  •  Medieval Town Square (Icons) (? ? ? but I assume at least 1 Lion Knight visiting)
  •  Mountain Fortress (Bricklink Designer Program) (Falcons)
  •  Forest Stronghold (Bricklink Designer Program) (Forestmen)
  • 3-in-1 Castle (Creator) (Falcons)
  •  Dungeons and Dragons (IDEAS) , Not really "Castle" , or any of the 3 current factions,  but still might be a nice set.

While BDP sets aren't 100% guaranteed yet, I think they have a good chance, with the increased production numbers.

Mountain Fortress got a final design now and price (€339,99)

Model Dimensions (Closed):

Width: 45.9 cm / 18.1 in

Length: 39 cm / 15.4 in

Height: 59 cm / 23.2 in

Model Dimensions (Opened):

Width: 49.2 cm / 19.4 in

Length: 63.1 cm / 24.8 in

Height: 59 cm / 23.2 in

I currently don't really expect a new faction to appear, and if LEGO does it, it would be after Lion Knight's Castle retires, I'd love to see something Black Knights before a timeskip to Dragon Masters however (altho Majisto kind of did that but that's just 1  (unprinted) figure, and 1 GWP torso). 

Edited by TeriXeri

11 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Mountain Fortress will sell out in a couple hours.

Hopefully they learned from  last time, and will produce more copies this time. 

Well, at least its double the potential buyers then last time a popular historical set could be pre-ordered (Castle in the Forest).
With appearantly a max of two/buyer there's at least 15,000  people who can go for it, and the set does has quite a steep price.

Bricklink Designer Program was nice when we didn't know if Lego was still going to continue Castle.  But they really miss out on all the exclusive new bits that new Lego Castle sets would get, and that's half the reason I get em.

It had better NOT sell out in a few hours, it goes live at 3am my local time

20 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

hao6vgoy5fbc1.jpeg?width=320&crop=smart&

Do you have a thread for that, or a least larger images?  Did you reverse engineer it (quite an accomplishment!), or did you make a backdoor deal to get instructions from @SleeplessNight?  Looks fantastic either way.

13 hours ago, Artanis I said:

It had better NOT sell out in a few hours, it goes live at 3am my local time 

You are going to want to set an alarm.  The last round of sets sold out in 20 minutes, and there were 20000 copies being produced (10k less than this time, but still...).  These will be gone long before you wake up.

I don't care if lego is supplying the pieces, bricklink designer program sets aren't real lego sets.

3 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

I don't care if lego is supplying the pieces, bricklink designer program sets aren't real lego sets.

True, they aren't official "sets" to me either, but I can still see it as a way for people to obtain parts cheaper then just buying instructions for MOCs from somewhere (of course from the original designers only) and sourcing the parts themselves.

Of course, those are still big sets and not "cheap" to begin with, and honestly I personally rather wait to see the final designs of the Medieval Town Square and Dungeons and Dragons sets which, while they are revealed later, will still be released and shipped much sooner and almost guaranteed have some new or rare parts/prints.

Overall, quite the busy year for castle even without BDP.

Personally I have created a mindset that I do not feel bad about missing out on BDP, most GWP,  or even Collectable minifigs or Build-a-Minifigure store parts, or LEGOLAND park sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, iragm said:

You are going to want to set an alarm.  The last round of sets sold out in 20 minutes, and there were 20000 copies being produced (10k less than this time, but still...).  These will be gone long before you wake up.

Actually, initially there were only 5000 copies to be sold, and due to a ordering error on the site it increased to a bit over 10000 copies.

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I personally rather wait to see the final designs of the Medieval Town Square and Dungeons and Dragons sets which, while they are revealed later, will still be released and shipped much sooner and almost guaranteed have some new or rare parts/prints.

"Purchase" the bricklink set; you have 9 months to cancel the order if you like the Medieval Town Square and/or Dungeons and Dragons more.

7 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Actually, initially there were only 5000 copies to be sold, and due to a ordering error on the site it increased to a bit over 10000 copies. 

This was round 1 (Castle in the Forest) which sold out in under 10 minutes.  Round 2 had 20000 copies available, I learned from missing out on round 1 and set an alarm for round 2.  I will probably sit round 3 out, the only thing that interests me is the Mountain Fortress, and I think I can build it out of spare parts.

30 minutes ago, iragm said:

This was round 1 (Castle in the Forest) which sold out in under 10 minutes.  Round 2 had 20000 copies available, I learned from missing out on round 1 and set an alarm for round 2.  I will probably sit round 3 out, the only thing that interests me is the Mountain Fortress, and I think I can build it out of spare parts.

Well, IIRC I managed to snatch CitF at around minute 13. ;)
Then again, I live in a smaller region, maybe that's why this set wasn't sold out as fast as in the US.

But  you're right. After the debacle of the first round, chances were made to the number of copies that could be ordered.

3 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

"Purchase" the bricklink set; you have 9 months to cancel the order if you like the Medieval Town Square and/or Dungeons and Dragons more.

If you ordered it, then you can also wait and see if it sold out quickly. If it sold out quickly, go ahead with it anyway even if you don't want it as the resale value will be high. And if it didn't sell out and you want to spend the money on something else, then you can cancel the order.

Edited by MAB