kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

£50-£80 can at least be afforded as a 'main Christmas present' to many people even if some can't justify buying something straight away at that price. £120-£350 doesn't even have that (unless you get someone who asks for one present for Christmas and nothing else).

Depends entirely on the subject. Affordability is entirely subjective. Not just your own price points.

There is plenty enough Lego sets that are well and truly within your subjective opinion of being affordable. TLG doesn't have to cater everything to absolutely everybody, I'm pretty sure that they are successful enough to be able to release more 'elite' sets that have much higher price points.

Not everyone can afford a brand new Audi RX8... but I don't see adults moaning that Audi aren't releasing a more affordable version that just has the shell and a 1 litre engine with plastic trim...

Unlike cars, the great thing about Lego is....

You can build your own at whatever price point you want to stretch to.

This set looks absolutely amazing and so do the minifigs :wub: Judging by the high-res picture, there's gonna be tons of details on the inside, can't wait to see that :sweet: There goes my wallet... again... :laugh:

This set looks absolutely amazing and so do the minifigs :wub: Judging by the high-res picture, there's gonna be tons of details on the inside, can't wait to see that :sweet: There goes my wallet... again... :laugh:

Im afraid im on my way down the same road as you walletwise. Im still awaiting what the interior will look like, but im guessing it will be awesome. Then to top it, i will need the Doctor Who ideas set and a ton of Dimension sets.

Thanks LEGO. I have a lot of worries in my life. But you always makes sure i have no problems knowing what i will spend my money on. :grin:

Edited by KlodsBrik

In Ghostbusters 2 the circles are blue with stars in the center, just like the pictures posted a few posts back. I am really looking forward to this set! I still can't get over that the Helicarrier is the same price. IMO the Helicarrier isn't worth $350, but the GBHQ is!

Depends entirely on the subject. Affordability is entirely subjective. Not just your own price points.

There is plenty enough Lego sets that are well and truly within your subjective opinion of being affordable. TLG doesn't have to cater everything to absolutely everybody, I'm pretty sure that they are successful enough to be able to release more 'elite' sets that have much higher price points.

Not everyone can afford a brand new Audi RX8... but I don't see adults moaning that Audi aren't releasing a more affordable version that just has the shell and a 1 litre engine with plastic trim...

Unlike cars, the great thing about Lego is....

You can build your own at whatever price point you want to stretch to.

It would just be nice to have one set in each range within the £50-£80 price range. I hope if Ghostbusters is becoming a range now, there's at least one more set like the Ecto-1 around £44. The reboot Ecto-1 would be fantastic to go alongside the original Ecto-1.

Although we still do not have any more news such as interior pictures or designer's video, about the this awesome set. This GBHQ seems truly amazing! can't wait to put my ecto-1 in the ground floor garage. :blush:

Some people complain about stickers or price...well for me sticker is kinda okay, though it would have been better with printed bricks. In fact, the 4 blue star 1x1 round bricks looked quite odd to me but after seeing some image of the blue/dark blue star decoration of HQ's facade of GB2 movie, it was convincing design.

When I saw it for the first time yesterday, it was just great but..the more I see the official pictures the more often made me think that orange coloured bricks would have been good as well..like Sergio's GBHQ. When I compare this 75827 to original building in NY, the exterior colour seems close to dark red or sometime orange...

What do you think guys??

£50-£80 can at least be afforded as a 'main Christmas present' to many people even if some can't justify buying something straight away at that price. £120-£350 doesn't even have that (unless you get someone who asks for one present for Christmas and nothing else).

Lets put this into perspective. The people that only watched the movies, which was 26 years ago, are probably at least 31 years old now. The people that watched the cartoons, with the last one 18 years ago, are probably at least 23 years old now. So not exactly the demographic that necessarily need to ask for presents anymore. I know it will probably say 16+ on the box, but you know it's mainly the adults who will know what a ghostbuster is.

Some people complain about stickers or price...well for me sticker is kinda okay, though it would have been better with printed bricks.

As you may know, some third parties are creating some rather nice custom printed bricks. I wonder if it is legal for them to create replacement printed bricks to replace the current stickered ones. Might be a market for that...

<wink><nudge><hint>

Lets put this into perspective. The people that only watched the movies, which was 26 years ago, are probably at least 31 years old now. The people that watched the cartoons, with the last one 18 years ago, are probably at least 23 years old now. So not exactly the demographic that necessarily need to ask for presents anymore. I know it will probably say 16+ on the box, but you know it's mainly the adults who will know what a ghostbuster is.

As you may know, some third parties are creating some rather nice custom printed bricks. I wonder if it is legal for them to create replacement printed bricks to replace the current stickered ones. Might be a market for that...

<wink><nudge><hint>

I can't imagine it would be illegal... modifying something and then selling it... I really can't think how that could be wrong...? I look forward to printed pieces for this set!

This set is aimed at adults buying it for themselves. The target market is right here.

What 10 year old is going to pass up on Ninjago for a 30 year old movie?

Im curious where are pictures of interior, designer etc , isnt these few pictures only to stop circulating rumours for now?

Also modular bank is without designer video, I hope this isnt new trend.I like these videos !

Im curious where are pictures of interior, designer etc , isnt these few pictures only to stop circulating rumours for now?

Also modular bank is without designer video, I hope this isnt new trend.I like these videos !

Jamie told me that the designer videos would be shot in November, So don't threat!

Jamie told me that the designer videos would be shot in November, So don't threat!

Oh...really? then we'd better wait for TLG to reveal some more detailed pics of this set, including interior pics.. All I can do now is to see hi-res pictures and can see a vague shape of interior parts~ :grin:

Edited by jaesroe

Cool... Now who's Jamie and why should we trust him or her?

I will fret. Why is November the earliest they can shoot videos? Shouldn't they have waited to reveal these if the videos wouldn't be ready during the same month? That's sorta unprofessional of them, considering that usually a press release is followed by the video within a day or two.

in price-per-brick terms its cheaper than the big Ninjago temple set and about the same as any modular building. Id like it to be cheaper too, but its not like there gouging us on the price. Lots of bricks, lots of money. Dr Who, the new bank and this - its shaping up to be an expensive christmas.

Personally - I'm not willing to pay such money for interior. I don't care about very detailed interiors in such sets. Haunted House level of interior detailing is enough. This is set for adults so it is rather for displaying.

The dollhouse format allows for very good options to display the interior. Architecturally it very much fits in the 'big rectangular box' school.

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

Why is November the earliest they can shoot videos? Shouldn't they have waited to reveal these if the videos wouldn't be ready during the same month?

If they only shoot the videos in November. My guess is the pictures were leaked before the official release by LEGO which was planned for November. If this is the case I think LEGO decided to put out the official pictures before November, before somebody else is sharing them online...

Edited by Dennan

If they only shoot the videos in November. My guess is the pictures were leaked before the official release by LEGO which was planned for November. If this is the case I think LEGO decided to put out the official pictures before November, before somebody else is sharing them online...

Then im really hoping that someone would also "leak" the interior pictures.

I need to know if i have to start saving even more money up to be able to get this set. :laugh:

Just had a very nasty bill coming in my mail today. It ruined next month for me, where i was supposed to make a 7000 brick BL order for my hanging gardens project. Dammit.

Edited by KlodsBrik

This set is aimed at adults buying it for themselves. The target market is right here.

What 10 year old is going to pass up on Ninjago for a 30 year old movie?

Ironically I'm going to pass this up in favour of the temple of airjitzu.

This is far less interesting on the outside than the Haunted House. I was rather disappointed by its interior, so I changed it, but with this, the interior's carrying so many of the pieces and play features that it's probably better than what I'm seeing outside.

The set looks fantastic so far. Can't wait to see interior pictures. I'm really hoping for a full Ghostbusters theme, but to be honest I just want Vigo the Carpathian.

Edited by x105Black