So after building the jaguar 4x4x4 I got an idea to make a lighter, less part destructive version.

The main idea behind it is to combine motor placlement of the fox 8x8x8 with doble wishbone suspension of the jaguar.

This kind of setup enables the model to use only 2 gears/wheel and keeps the wheels always parallel relative to the body.

Here are first preliminary pictures:

Coyote1.png

coyote2.png

Compared to the fox and jaguar, here are the improvements:

- The servo motor is placed closer to the steering rack, therebye more-than-less removing steering flexibility

- I am using two steering racks per axle for aditional steering system stiffness

- Suspension is now almost horizontal and takes little room

- Angle of the suspension travel is 30 degrees/wheel

- Foxes's proven concept of the motor gearing eliminates the possibility of breaking gears/joints

- I plan to use V2 receivers for that extra bit of juice

- Shorter wheelbase allows for better steering radious and offroad performance - less likely to hang on an obstacle

- Lower, more stable design - more room left for interrior

UPDATE:

Its been a while... But here are the new pictures and the video :wink:

P1210512.JPG

P1210513.JPGP1210514.JPGP1210515.JPGP1210517.JPG

I improved model a bit, raising its ground clearance and removing some parts on the underbody, so its harder for it to get lodged

As usual I also made an LDD file, which you can download here.

And for rebrickable click here.

Edited by Zblj

Looking awesome! Cont wait to see more! :moar: By the way you forgot the "Wile E" in the title :wink:

Zblj,

well done! Thanx for sharing... I will probably test this your LITE beast! I like it! I was looking for something simple and powerful... And body can everyone build as he want... Perfect!

Max... :*

That models looks really good but surely those universal joints just after the xl motor in the suspension would break under the high torque. However, I can't think of any other way for transferring the drive from the motor

Edit: I've just thought that they actually shouldn't seeing as you used that set up in your fox. Sorry for the slightly pointless post :look:

Edited by Technic Jim

And here's the LDD version flexing over some v lego rocks:

LDD%20pose.png

Sadly the pictures dont do it justice, the model looks really imposing in real life...

About performance? Can you say Fox + more suspension range + higher ground clearance?

More pictures and video coming soon.

Edited by Zblj

Almost forgot the picture of the underside:

P1210363.JPG

And view from top:

P1210362.JPG

Sorry for poor pictures, I will upload better ones when I have better lighting.

I have decided to take apart the fox, but now I have to choose to built the coyote or the jaguar... I don't have 12 XL motors so I can built both

I have decided to take apart the fox, but now I have to choose to built the coyote or the jaguar... I don't have 12 XL motors so I can built both

Coyote all the way! Also if you have V2 receivers, they might give you a bit of boost for drive motors.

Here's the LDD file:

bricksafe.com/files/Zblj/coyote-4x4x4/Coyote%204x4x4.lxf

OR you could try upgrade fox's suspension to the one Coyote has...should give it a bit more travel

Edited by Zblj

Great new stuff Zblj! Looks better than your recent Jaguar, imho. Will definitely built this one some time in the winter to check Fox's and Coyote's performance on snow.

For me it looks very futuristic offroad vehicle with a very lovely design touch and the most advaced mechanical innards.

Very lovely look!! :wub:

I think you get inspired by the Eurofurence :laugh:

Its been a while... But here are the new pictures and the video :wink:

P1210512.JPG

P1210513.JPGP1210514.JPGP1210515.JPGP1210517.JPG

I improved model a bit, raising its ground clearance and removing some parts on the underbody, so its harder for it to get lodged

As usual I also made an LDD file, which you can download here.

I really like the design and just love the colors :sweet: Video is one of the best Technic Lego videos that I have ever seen, great work :thumbup: You are the man!

Nice one again! Will you be creating an entry on Rebrickable? So we could see a complete part list.

Great! I like it very much because of it's efectiveness and speed. I would use the lighter LiPo accus to save 2x130=260g!

Thanx for video... :)

Max

I really like the design and just love the colors :sweet: Video is one of the best Technic Lego videos that I have ever seen, great work :thumbup: You are the man!

Thank you Mac :classic:

Nice one again! Will you be creating an entry on Rebrickable? So we could see a complete part list.

I submitted the model to Rebrickable, as soon as its approved I will add a link.

Great! I like it very much because of it's efectiveness and speed. I would use the lighter LiPo accus to save 2x130=260g!

Thanx for video... :)

Max

It might be lighter, yes, but in this case battery boxes also act as structual parts for the chassis.

I already told you I like, but here it is again: I like it!!! :thumbup::classic::laugh: :laugh: The suspension is great and love the 4 XL's, just so strong...a real off-roader!!!

Thanks mate, you are really supportive :classic: