Rick

10249 Winter Toy Shop

When is VIP early access typically? One week prior to general release? I was planning a trip on the first, bit forgot about that bit.

when is the winter seasonal set due? i remember last year i ordered santas workshop and got the elves workshop set free. would like to do that this time as well. thanks :)

Glad I rechecked this thread. Apart from wanting to get the Toy Shop I missed years ago, the little train is a must-have for me. Too bad it won't be available during 4 day double VIP thing. I only ever ordered once during double VIPs, but cutting it to four days is kind of lame, especially with the current set prices :sceptic::classic:

I'm new to this theme, is there any possibility that last year's winter set will be available again?

If you're talking about 10245 Santa's Workshop: I just got this set today as it's now available again.

If you're talking about 10245 Santa's Workshop: I just got this set today as it's now available again.

Yeah, it seems to be now available in my country as well. Hopefully it'll still be available when that holiday train promo starts.

Edited by temes

The set is now available for VIP members at S@H. Just ordered it :classic:

Just got email about this, it is now out for the VIPs.

Yeah, the previous poster also said that. :wink:

Yeah, it seems to be now available in my country as well. Hopefully it'll still be available when that holiday train promo starts.

Just got email about this, it is now out for the VIPs.

I assume that the official release date is October 1st. My email said that VIP early access is now thru Sept 30. Double points is Oct 1 thru Oct 4,

Glad I rechecked this thread. Apart from wanting to get the Toy Shop I missed years ago, the little train is a must-have for me. Too bad it won't be available during 4 day double VIP thing. I only ever ordered once during double VIPs, but cutting it to four days is kind of lame, especially with the current set prices :sceptic::classic:

What is "the little train"? Info?

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I think there are several things to remember about the toy shop.

Firstly, it is six years since it first became available. That's a new generation of children to enjoy it.

Secondly, the original set was made entirely from existing easily available pieces. No new prints, except possibly the carol singers' heads, and even then I rather doubt it. No new hairdos. No stickers.

I'd argue that the original toy shop was a pilot to see how the theme went, including that wonderful hand build teddy bear, and that's why they pushed the boat out more and more through the rest of the series, including what is arguably the best Lego house ever.

I'd certainly suggest that the new version is an attempt to address the shortcomings of the original set, such as the very small number of lights on the tree, the small number of toys available and the absence of a sticker on the sign. The bear isn't an improvement, but hey, you can't blame them for using a premould when it exists.

In the end, it's not about us, much as I am sorely tempted to order the missing pieces to convert my original toy shop into the new one. It's always about the children, who, as ever, are the main customers.

If the new version doesn't sell well, they won't do anything next year; if it goes well, they will either rerelease or improve the bakery. Much as I would love to see new Winter Village sets, I think that's the end of it now, and to be fair, I've run out of space to display them and not risk divorce. ;)

I will therefore be buying something else. Maybe the Mercedes Arocs truck.

Personally, I'm excited for it. This is the set that's gotten me interested in the Winter Village series, and I'm excited that my Lego store still has the Santa's Workshop from last year, and a bunch of other rare goodies because I live in a area of the USA where Lego doesn't sell too well.

Now I just have to hope for the next Creator train to come soon, so I can have a really nice Christmas display. Time to stock up on white plates and trans blue tiles now.

I'm holding out on this (despite already owning the original) so that I can pick up the 2015 exclusive winter train with the purchase. I was hoping it was going to be offered mod October like it is in America but it doesn't look like it is in the uk. Looks like it's going to be November which is a shame. So I'll have to make two purchases that month to get the gingerbread house as well

Just bought the set. Very happy to own our first Winter Village set. Now to hold out building it till closer to Christmas.

Just bought the set. Very happy to own our first Winter Village set. Now to hold out building it till closer to Christmas.

Congrats! You will be a happy man.

Just got through building this. The new builds, for the roof particularly were better. As was the new technique for the tree. Finally got myself some roller skates too, which was nice. The printed sign is neat also. Overall, not a bad rehash. New prints are great. Once I break this down I'm taking the female carolers cape(black with red inside) & give it to minifig Grevious.

spent the day working on this after it finally arrived. like others, im pleased with the new designs for the roof and tree. much more sturdy. i didnt use the supplied tree base, though, as i put mine on base plates and have come up with a new design. i also put the bench on the same plate as the tree and made a little santas grotto, with photographer and two kids, on one corner. simple but pleasing.

i adore the printed sign and new carolers face prints. i do wish the man had a non-singing face like the woman does. i like their new outfits too, very smart.

was able to mirror build it and will likely place each at opposite ends of the display like bookends.

please forgive the photo quality. normally im taking photos of trains and can get in closer. also please forgive the state of disrepair of the original set. everything gets moved around during and when packing up displays.

P1010066.jpg