Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

17 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

How about a Christmas airport and the console tower has Santa on site for landing and for passing by to deliver presents ! 

That would be great!!

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

I wonder if they would give us an ambulance station or hospital 

I would absolutely buy that if it got made...

Here's my six-year wishlist for the Winter Village theme:

Winter Village Post Office (remastered)

Retains the post van and the colour scheme from the original 2012 set, but adds in some extra pieces to beef up the main build. Includes a working parcel locker and two numbered letterbox side builds (like the “front gate” from Santa’s Visit) so the postman can drive a little route.

Christmas Tree Farm

Similar to the GWPs from 2013, but adds on a big snowy barn filled with animals. Includes a pick-up truck and some “blank” brick-built Christmas trees which can be decorated to taste using the ornaments provided.

Holiday Inn

A restaurant and hotel all in one, with gabled roofs, dormer windows, and cute little window boxes. Includes outdoor seating (with a gas heater) and a cosy upstairs guest room, and maybe even an old fashioned taxi (like Ernie’s cab in It’s a Wonderful Life) to help ferry the suitcases of a weary minifigure.

Winter Village Police Station

A charming village police station, staffed by classic English bobbies similar to the CMF Series 11 Constable. Includes two mini-cases to be solved: finding a lost cat (as seen on a child’s poster), and catching a crook dressed as Santa Claus, whose cache of stolen presents can be found by following some footprints in the snow.

Winter Village Market (remastered)

Retains the iconic carousel, but makes the side builds a bit more interesting. Now includes a stage for carollers, a stall selling ornaments and wreaths, a wandering clown, and a puppet show booth that evokes a (much friendlier) Punch and Judy show.

Holiday Main Street 2

Two more tall shops to match the 2022 set: a sports store filled with bicycles, skis, and toboggans, and the oft-requested lolly shop, filled with all sorts of candy. Includes lots of holiday shoppers and a large snowy rotunda.

I want a Reindeer Paddock that works with Santa's Workshop and other related sets. This would include baby reindeer, a stable, and the Reindeer Games (however they would envision that).

19 hours ago, Christmas Jack said:

Retains the post van and the colour scheme from the original 2012 set, but adds in some extra pieces to beef up the main build. Includes a working parcel locker and two numbered letterbox side builds (like the “front gate” from Santa’s Visit) so the postman can drive a little route.

Christmas Tree Farm

Similar to the GWPs from 2013, but adds on a big snowy barn filled with animals. Includes a pick-up truck and some “blank” brick-built Christmas trees which can be decorated to taste using the ornaments provided.

Holiday Inn

A restaurant and hotel all in one, with gabled roofs, dormer windows, and cute little window boxes. Includes outdoor seating (with a gas heater) and a cosy upstairs guest room, and maybe even an old fashioned taxi (like Ernie’s cab in It’s a Wonderful Life) to help ferry the suitcases of a weary minifigure.

A charming village police station, staffed by classic English bobbies similar to the CMF Series 11 Constable. Includes two mini-cases to be solved: finding a lost cat (as seen on a child’s poster), and catching a crook dressed as Santa Claus, whose cache of stolen presents can be found by following some footprints in the snow.

Retains the iconic carousel, but makes the side builds a bit more interesting. Now includes a stage for carollers, a stall selling ornaments and wreaths, a wandering clown, and a puppet show booth that evokes a (much friendlier) Punch and Judy show.

Holiday Main Street 2

Two more tall shops to match the 2022 set: a sports store filled with bicycles, skis, and toboggans, and the oft-requested lolly shop, filled with all sorts of candy. Includes lots of holiday shoppers and a large snowy rotunda.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Boy, I love your ideas you come up with! I love Winer Villae police Station an Holiday Inn ideas more honestly. 

I would love to see some remastered sets too. 

6 hours ago, Lion King said:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Thanks -- I've been lurking in this thread for years, so it's fun to finally contribute!

On 6/9/2023 at 10:31 AM, Christmas Jack said:

Christmas Tree Farm

Holiday Inn

Holiday Main Street 2

These are amazing, i personally want to see that police station, with some dark blue, and the Christmas tree farm! Might try to moc that winter village police station for my grandmother, who collects the winter village collection!

Any news on Christmas in July? I heard a rumor that the Santas Workshop (40565) GWP from Dec 2022 will be GWP again I. July. I missed out on that one.

I'd rather it was the Winter Elves set.  I mean free bricks is free bricks but I don't need more of the Workshop so I would much rather have more of the Winter Elves set.

7 hours ago, karrit said:

I'd rather it was the Winter Elves set.  I mean free bricks is free bricks but I don't need more of the Workshop so I would much rather have more of the Winter Elves set.

It's not free LEGO.

There are normally two winter GWP sets for the holidays, I wonder how LEGO decides which one to bring back in July.

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

It's not free LEGO.

There are normally two winter GWP sets for the holidays, I wonder how LEGO decides which one to bring back in July.

I know it's not really free.  I'd guess they purposely produce more of one set than the other knowing they intend to offer it again or else they make more after the inital run to use later.  But again what makes them choose one over the other?  Still wish they'd revised the second one they cancelled in 2021 because it looked really nice.  It seems to me that several previous Holiday GWP's have made more than two appearances in recent years if I'm remembering correctly.

21 hours ago, karrit said:

I would like to see Christmas else come with a few recolored parts, such as a female hat+hair and candy cane parts (both from CMF S23). Maybe BAM? 

Anyways, I agree with you on workshop. It’s kinda too much for us. BUT I would love to see a remastered WV Santa’s Workshop - I did miss out on it. 

It's getting a little quiet here, so I think I'll stir the pot with some guesses about this year's WV set before any legitimate information leaks start to appear. 

1) Sweet Shoppe - to me, this has been an obvious choice for years (and probably what they should've done with the gingerbread house set).  The WV already has a bakery, but it absolutely needs a good candy store.  

2) Dime Store/Department Store - it would be nice to have somewhere to buy gifts besides the two (three if you count the re-release) toy stores the WV already has.  Not sure if the terminology is similar in Europe, but in the US at both a dime store or department store one would find a variety of items, such as clothing, gadgets, toys, food and more.  Something like this would fit quite well into a WV.

3) Main Street Part 2 - I'm not particularly a fan of the architectural departure that we saw in last year's set.  However, now that we have that set, I feel that we need a couple more buildings in a similar style to make for a respectable downtown or "main street" area.  You could go any number of directions with the stores in another such set - I would just ask that they not duplicate any more WV sets the way the toy store essentially did in last year's set.  

4) Town Hall - a quaint, but respectable, town hall would work well in the WV.  I would also suggest that one minifigure that might come with such a set could be a Constable, and thus let the Town Hall set double as a police HQ.  I just don't see TLG ever releasing a standalone police station in the WV line...at least, not for quite some time.

5) Lodge/Restaurant - the Winter Chalet set from Bricklink would fit beautifully in the WV line - it just needs to be scaled down a bit.  But the idea is solid.  Perhaps because the Bricklink set exists, TLG won't do something like this for years, but a lodge/restaurant combo - or either of those concepts on their own - would be a welcome addition to the WV.

6) Grocery Store/Butcher - so many holiday traditions include a large meal.  It would make sense to have somewhere to go shopping for the freshest ingredients

7) Jewelry Store - lots of gifts to be had at such a store: rings, necklaces and of course, watches.  The set should come complete with the town watchmaker.  

8) Another House - I know we got a new house a couple years ago, but I would think we would have several houses in an actual village.  Maybe this time we could get one that's not blue.

On the topic of the holiday GWP's, I'd really like to see Lego go back to these sets being part of the WV line.  At times they've essentially been an addition to the main set that year, like the Christmas Tree stand (40082 & 40083) with the WV Market, and at other times they've stood alone, but fit right into the WV, like the horse and carriage set (3300014) we got towards the beginning of the WV line.  I much prefer that type of GWP set to anything we've received in the last 5+ years.  

I also can see them releasing a Santa version of this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Bd1c253lbwIF3n-eEh-rh8FCgEqbeiPeL8mTdVDBIpc6TPkY

It would be a nice decoration for the holidays

2 hours ago, Arstotle said:

It's getting a little quiet here, so I think I'll stir the pot with some guesses about this year's WV set before any legitimate information leaks start to appear. 

1) Sweet Shoppe - to me, this has been an obvious choice for years (and probably what they should've done with the gingerbread house set).  The WV already has a bakery, but it absolutely needs a good candy store.  

2) Dime Store/Department Store - it would be nice to have somewhere to buy gifts besides the two (three if you count the re-release) toy stores the WV already has.  Not sure if the terminology is similar in Europe, but in the US at both a dime store or department store one would find a variety of items, such as clothing, gadgets, toys, food and more.  Something like this would fit quite well into a WV.

3) Main Street Part 2 - I'm not particularly a fan of the architectural departure that we saw in last year's set.  However, now that we have that set, I feel that we need a couple more buildings in a similar style to make for a respectable downtown or "main street" area.  You could go any number of directions with the stores in another such set - I would just ask that they not duplicate any more WV sets the way the toy store essentially did in last year's set.  

4) Town Hall - a quaint, but respectable, town hall would work well in the WV.  I would also suggest that one minifigure that might come with such a set could be a Constable, and thus let the Town Hall set double as a police HQ.  I just don't see TLG ever releasing a standalone police station in the WV line...at least, not for quite some time.

5) Lodge/Restaurant - the Winter Chalet set from Bricklink would fit beautifully in the WV line - it just needs to be scaled down a bit.  But the idea is solid.  Perhaps because the Bricklink set exists, TLG won't do something like this for years, but a lodge/restaurant combo - or either of those concepts on their own - would be a welcome addition to the WV.

6) Grocery Store/Butcher - so many holiday traditions include a large meal.  It would make sense to have somewhere to go shopping for the freshest ingredients

7) Jewelry Store - lots of gifts to be had at such a store: rings, necklaces and of course, watches.  The set should come complete with the town watchmaker.  

8) Another House - I know we got a new house a couple years ago, but I would think we would have several houses in an actual village.  Maybe this time we could get one that's not blue.

On the topic of the holiday GWP's, I'd really like to see Lego go back to these sets being part of the WV line.  At times they've essentially been an addition to the main set that year, like the Christmas Tree stand (40082 & 40083) with the WV Market, and at other times they've stood alone, but fit right into the WV, like the horse and carriage set (3300014) we got towards the beginning of the WV line.  I much prefer that type of GWP set to anything we've received in the last 5+ years.  

I like the idea of another Main Street, or Town Hall. It can host the Christmas festival in front!

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The beard would be an interesting build!

Oh how I wish Redbeard was a general release.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:08 AM, Robert8 said:

The new set 40649 could also be modified into a large Santa minifig

On 6/19/2023 at 9:08 PM, Robert8 said:

Or maybe a Nutcracker? Lego seems to like them well enough too.

11 minutes ago, Silverhurst said:

Or maybe a Nutcracker? Lego seems to like them well enough too.

We do have Nutcracker from CMF. 23 last year. 

But a pirate-themed Nutcracker sounds very nice!

I see lots of great ideas, all of them are feasible.  I would love a redo of the post office, since that is the only set I am missing I think :).  A Winter Market remake would be good, but I'd like to see some other carnival ride then a merry go round, maybe a Christmas themed mini ferris wheel.  that is purely selfish, since I already have the carousel.    

But I think most of the list are leaving off on big idea.  Lego has done 4 "fantasy" sets, so I think the will be going back to that well either this year or next.  I think the reindeer paddock, as Silverhurst said, makes alot of sense.  A few reindeer, a few elf stable hands and nice stable and perhaps a grazing area of games area all sound good.  The only other "fantasy" set I think they might do is proper santa's home, since the workshop is more just his office and toy building area.  

All that said, I think the most likely set is a proper town hall with a mayor and such.  

Merry Christmas in July all!

Robert

Here are a couple more town related ideas:

A Christmas tree sales lot with a trailer for the salesman. Would need to include a Charlie Brown tree too!

A bandstand gazebo with full band. Yes, the post office kind of came with one, but only as a small side build.

Scrooge's house, or Tiny Tim's.

A horse pulled sleigh ride diorama with a stone bridge over a stream.

An antique water tower with the name of the village on the side of the tank.

A stone and glass greenhouse with Christmas plants inside (and maybe a puddle of Frosty? lol)

A church (but we know this won't happen).

Edited by Silverhurst

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually don't want the Winter Village to include any sets that reflect specific Christmas stories. No Scrooge counting-house or Cratchit home, no Frosty, no Rudolph, no Charlie Brown...please. This is my village, where my winter holiday stories take place, not the ones written by anyone else.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually don't want the Winter Village to include any sets that reflect specific Christmas stories. No Scrooge counting-house or Cratchit home, no Frosty, no Rudolph, no Charlie Brown...please. This is my village, where my winter holiday stories take place, not the ones written by anyone else.

Question: what if ther is a Winter Village set that features a play threat rme where “Christmas  Carol” production takes its place?

Audience could enjoy actors’ jolly performance! 

Oh and Merry Christmas in July!