Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hy guys. I want to motorize the winzer village train, but i see that all neded parts art retired and ibsee that Lego has some new ones. Is there ppssible to motorize the train with this new parts amd which one do i need and some instructions would be very helpful.

Box art is out! Got to say I'm possitively surprised by the interior, it doesn't look as cramped as I thought it would, and no more than the Elf Clubhouse or Santas Visit. Looks very cozy and in keeping with the alpine exterior. And the small buid is definitely an outhouse! 

Still can't make out the sign by the door thought. Two, something? 

3 hours ago, FrkW said:

Box art is out! Got to say I'm possitively surprised by the interior, it doesn't look as cramped as I thought it would, and no more than the Elf Clubhouse or Santas Visit. Looks very cozy and in keeping with the alpine exterior. And the small buid is definitely an outhouse! 

Still can't make out the sign by the door thought. Two, something? 

Two Pines Inn.

It's not my favorite of the collection but I like it a lot. I'll probably rebuild the pond as something else but overall it's very nice. I like the tall, slender style of the conifers w/ white tops. 

On 9/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, keba said:

Hy guys. I want to motorize the winzer village train, but i see that all neded parts art retired and ibsee that Lego has some new ones. Is there ppssible to motorize the train with this new parts amd which one do i need and some instructions would be very helpful.

I want to do the same this year so picked up set 60337 Express Passenger Train when it was reduced. It ncludes the motor, hub, controller and extra track and looking through the instructions should be a good fit for the Winter Village Train. 

On 9/17/2023 at 4:04 PM, keba said:

Technically speaking the new set-up is easier to integrate because you no longer need the IR receiver with Powered Up, but with that said you either need to use the app or purchase the bluetooth controller. Links below. Full disclosure: I don't have the new system yet so I can't vouch for it. The new parts get spotty reviews but I think that has more to do with the improvements they could make rather than the overall functionality. Maybe those that have it can chime in to give their opinions. To integrate Powered Up you just skip the steps that involve the IR receiver...it should result in a much cleaner end result. https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/product.bi.core.pdf/6216992.pdf

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/hub-88009

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/train-motor-88011

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/remote-control-88010

The interior of the lodge looks good. Much nicer than I expected for the depth of the building at the top, and the extended base at the bottom helps a lot. I think the small skating pond and jetty are lovely. Looking forward to it.

I like how the Lodge's Christmas Tree isn't just there to be the compulsory tree side build in the set. It looks like the minifigure has to cut it down, bring it to the house on his ski then you assemble/decorate it inside (unless it's a second tree in the interior). 

Really good set def a return to form after last years, I'm not sure how I'll display this one yet though. It feels like it's more remote compared to the other sets, it's outside of the village in a woods full of trees. 

Love the WV Alpine Lodge but the two pines are too short. Have bought 100 extra dark green fern pieces to extend the height. With a name like Two Pines Inn they need to stand out. 

Edited by AllanSmith

1 hour ago, keba said:

Is there any rumor about Christmas GWP?

Yes one with a horse is coming, maybe during vip insider weekend combined with the Majisto one?

So far, we have the Winter Market Stall, Christmas Ride (likely a horse with carriage), Christmas Baubles and the Christmas Insiders bag. And likely an other GWP for middle of december. 

Are the Stall and the Ride two separate sets?  I watched Brick Clicker's most recent video, and it sounded like the horse and carriage might be in the Stall set.

3 hours ago, Arstotle said:

Are the Stall and the Ride two separate sets?  I watched Brick Clicker's most recent video, and it sounded like the horse and carriage might be in the Stall set.

Two sets, yes. Stall will have 40602 and the ride 40603. I think many are mistaking the Stall set as a stable, while based on the name I don´t think it is

Sorry, wrong topic… Please delete this post…

Edited by Bachus

8 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I think many are mistaking the Stall set as a stable, while based on the name I don´t think it is

Would have been great though :wink:

11 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Two sets, yes. Stall will have 40602 and the ride 40603. I think many are mistaking the Stall set as a stable, while based on the name I don´t think it is

That's great news.  It's been a long time since we had two GWP's over the holiday season that both compliment our winter villages.  

Pictures of the Winter Market Stall, 40602, are on IG. It comes with 271 pieces and is part of the Creator theme, according to its box.

Yep, i saw pictures. Quite dissapointed with it. I hope second one is better.

I actually rather like it. Goes nicely with the village market to expand it a bit, and add something to complement the various additional pieces of scenery they've done through the years.

I have stopped collecting winter sets so it is of no use to me, but if I get it together with Majisto I am not saying no :tongue:
Much more interested to see the one with the horse :wink: