Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

Question: what if ther is a Winter Village set that features a play threat rme where “Christmas  Carol” production takes its place?

Audience could enjoy actors’ jolly performance! 

Oh and Merry Christmas in July!

That might be acceptable...as long as the production was amateurish enough that the Dickens characters were clearly actors rather than the real deal, as it were.

We had the Christmas Carol GWP a few years back which was nicely done in my opinion.  Don't see the need for them to revisit that story.  We've also have several different Nutcrackers.  And we did get the Home Alone set as an Ideas Set so hopefully any IP would go that route rather than taking the annual Winter Village spot.  Also a lot of people have used or modified the Hogsmeade Village set for use in their winter villages.  I also hope they stick to random Christmassy themed sets.  Although a Currier & Ives style set with a Horse drawn Sleigh approaching a cosy winter house would be a very interesting set to me.  Or maybe the one with the Skating scene.

Edited by karrit

21 hours ago, Karalora said:

That might be acceptable...as long as the production was amateurish enough that the Dickens characters were clearly actors rather than the real deal, as it were.

Agreed. We did hae a Christmas Carol GWp a few years ago but those minifigures were fleshie, rather than yellowie. So they wre the real ones.

I would love to see actors portraying those Dickens characters inside a play threatre. We do have a “Frosty” minifigure from CMF last. Year - the dude in a snowman costume!

On 6/19/2023 at 6:54 PM, Arstotle said:

It's getting a little quiet here, so I think I'll stir the pot with some guesses about this year's WV set before any legitimate information leaks start to appear. 

1) Sweet Shoppe - to me, this has been an obvious choice for years (and probably what they should've done with the gingerbread house set).  The WV already has a bakery, but it absolutely needs a good candy store.

I'm not sure they would do a Sweet Shoppe because it overlaps with Hogsmeade Village's.  Those sets seem to be meant to display together.  Then again Lego does a lot of overlap among themes, especially Friends and City.

I would love a remake of the Winter Village as I think it fits a lot of audiences - theme park with the carousel, parks for city builders, medieval for the stalls, as well as Winter markets (popular in Europe).

Here's my guesses:

A place to take pics/meet Santa.  It might be a smaller piece of a larger set, like a Department Store or Winter Markets.

With all the It's a Wonderful Life references and Gringott's coming soon, how about a bank?  Not as romantic, but that is where we all have to go to afford the holidays and Lego.

And with thoughts of a performance venue, a large gazebo/bandstand (Rivendell but bigger), a school theater (like in Friends/Heartlake) for a Christmas pageant, or a concert venue for Nutcracker performance (like the Jazz Club in Modulars) could all work.

Or we could have a parade like the Chinese New Year set this year.  I hope Lego continues that concept in any theme as there's a lot of creative ways to get parts of floats moving as it is pulled along.

City has a collection of arctic exploration, so maybe a North Pole set is likely to reuse some of the animals.  

I think 'town square / green' or would be nice. Have the square be where the tree is, all sets need a tree, and then have a town hall building as the main build. You can then add the building from Main Street to the sides of the square / green.

Do we know the date of release? September or October?

4 hours ago, Maple said:

I think 'town square / green' or would be nice. Have the square be where the tree is, all sets need a tree, and then have a town hall building as the main build. You can then add the building from Main Street to the sides of the square / green.

Do we know the date of release? September or October?

FalconBricks claims October 1 release, which is pretty much the same as last year.  I don't think last year we had leaks about the content until close to reveal either, so we may be speculating for all of Summer.

9 hours ago, Mopasali said:

FalconBricks claims October 1 release, which is pretty much the same as last year.  I don't think last year we had leaks about the content until close to reveal either, so we may be speculating for all of Summer.

That's why I asked because it used to be September, but last year I thought it was October. If it's October we won't know for two more months or longer if no preorders. I'm hoping we get at least what it is in a leak even if no pictures.

Over the years, as the WV theme has become increasingly popular, they've really tightened up the time frame between set reveal and release, and it's been pushed later in the fall.  I believe that I can remember learning about the set in late August or early September, and at least VIP's would have access in mid-September.  But in recent years it seems like they've kept a very tight lid on the set, and we're not learning much until mid-late September, with an October 1st release date for all.  So I agree that we probably have 60+ days left to speculate.

I was pretty sure Santa’s Visit was released on. Oct 1 in Oct 1? I remember it was u for VIP early access in mid-September and I preordered that one. 

I won’t be surprised to see another WV set being released on Oct 1…

It seems we never got any annivesary for this jolly Winer Village subtheme? If I was a designer for Lego, I would come up wiht a Christmas-themed Modular Building for this subtheme. Maybe a department store or a toy store with a Santa imposter?  I think Winter Village subtheme was established in 2009 so it’s 14 years. 

of course, it’s unlikely for a Modular building for this subtheme becuase it will look funny with other non-Christmas, non-snowy Modular’sPlus two Modular Buildings per a year is also unlikely. But I just like that idea. 

On 7/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, Lion King said:

It seems we never got any annivesary for this jolly Winer Village subtheme? If I was a designer for Lego, I would come up wiht a Christmas-themed Modular Building for this subtheme. Maybe a department store or a toy store with a Santa imposter?  I think Winter Village subtheme was established in 2009 so it’s 14 years. 

of course, it’s unlikely for a Modular building for this subtheme becuase it will look funny with other non-Christmas, non-snowy Modular’sPlus two Modular Buildings per a year is also unlikely. But I just like that idea. 

Love the idea of a department store!!!

Potentially, they could perhaps do a "crossover" of the WV and Mod themes!!!

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Love the idea of a department store!!!

Potentially, they could perhaps do a "crossover" of the WV and Mod themes!!!

Agred! I thought Christmas-themed Modular Building set would be nice as an annivesary set for Winter Village.  

However, like I mentioned above, I am not sure how likely it will happen to see it happen. We can keep dreaming tho! :)

I'm not so sure. The modulars are wonderful, but they're generally blocky, conforming to a baseplate. Not to mention likely more than doubling the cost. Feels like it would stick out too much, and there are enough interesting things they can do at the current size/price to ensure that it's cohesive with past sets and display space requirements.

I really want the Elf the movie department store (just the one floor to keep costs down but has lots of easter eggs like the lingerie). Similar to the Friends coffee house, it comes with a removable scene which fits perfectly into the Winter Village. Of course I’m talking about the famous ‘it’s not Santa’ scene. Complete with fake Santa and his thrown, backdrop and decorations, kids screaming and Buddy the Elf freaking out. The minifigs would come with alternative facial expressions, Buddy's ‘Santa!’ face, kids smiling etc. I would have attempted it as an Idea but I didn’t want to step on toes with the person who already had Elf the Movie North Pole scene on there

6 hours ago, Yellowturnip said:

I really want the Elf the movie department store (just the one floor to keep costs down but has lots of easter eggs like the lingerie). Similar to the Friends coffee house, it comes with a removable scene which fits perfectly into the Winter Village. Of course I’m talking about the famous ‘it’s not Santa’ scene. Complete with fake Santa and his thrown, backdrop and decorations, kids screaming and Buddy the Elf freaking out. The minifigs would come with alternative facial expressions, Buddy's ‘Santa!’ face, kids smiling etc. I would have attempted it as an Idea but I didn’t want to step on toes with the person who already had Elf the Movie North Pole scene on there

If you want a department store based off Elf, it won’t be likely for this Winter Village subtheme. Therefore, Elf is a licensed and Winter Villlage is an in-house theme. Regardless of what I just said, I like that idea! IDEAS will be great for the Elf department stores, just like we have the Home Alone house. 

A prominent leaker revealed one of the seasonal GWPs a few days ago, which looks to be some brick-built Christmas baubles. Which isn't Winter Village news per se, but given how many of the previous GWPs have been compatible with the theme, it's kind of news that this one won't be.

The same leaker claims they'll be releasing some more "festive rumours" on Friday -- something involving a horse, perhaps?

6 hours ago, Christmas Jack said:

A prominent leaker revealed one of the seasonal GWPs a few days ago, which looks to be some brick-built Christmas baubles. Which isn't Winter Village news per se, but given how many of the previous GWPs have been compatible with the theme, it's kind of news that this one won't be.

The same leaker claims they'll be releasing some more "festive rumours" on Friday -- something involving a horse, perhaps?

Thanks for sharing the news! What SoMe was the news posted on and what is the username of the poster? 

According to @Brick Clicker, this years Winter Village set should be 10325 Winter Lodge ($100,- / 1517 pieces / 1 oct release). Two story building with a chimney, 4 minifigs, a snowmobile and winter scenery are included.

Christmas GWP's should be 40603 Horse and Cart (sounds like compatible with Winter Village) and 40604 Christmas Baubles. Should be GWP's in Nov/Dec.

That sounds outstanding!  A WV lodge, and finally a promo that is compatible with the WV line - been forever since we got a proper one of those.  Really looking forward to leaked pictures, but I'm guessing those are still 6 weeks away

I hope this is a return to relative build complexity we'd become accustomed to with WV sets. Looking forward to seeing the lodge.

Thank you very much for the information, @Christmas Jack! :classic:

On the one hand there could never be enough family homes for the residents of Winter Village.

On the other hand the last family home is only two years ago. So for this year I'd have prefered a town hall, chocolate factory, ski lift or new store.

Well, still I'm looking forward to the winter hut. :wink:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter