Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

GRogall was active yesterday but didn't post.

I'm sure someone will find a 10249 box with a little post-it in it: "Help me, I'm held hostage in a secret Lego facility. -GRogall"

Oh and the toyshop... oh boy.

I thought of getting one and then build it mirrored and make it a candy shop. I think I saw a cottage somewhere which was built mirrored.

Wasn't the first toyshop way cheaper than this one?

Edited by finish-last

I'm sure someone will find a 10249 box with a little post-it in it: "Help me, I'm held hostage in a secret Lego facility. -GRogall"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But more importantly what's going to be the special winter bonus sets for his year when spending over £50 in oct and nov. the sets last year were great

Looking forward to the bonus sets. Anyone remember how soon in Oct they became available last year?

Andy D

Oh and the toyshop... oh boy.

I thought of getting one and then build it mirrored and make it a candy shop. I think I saw a cottage somewhere which was built mirrored.

Wasn't the first toyshop way cheaper than this one?

First toy shop was $60 USD in 2009 versus $80USD for 2015 release. $20USD in 6 years. MSIB for 2009 set is around $200, I think.

Looking forward to the bonus sets. Anyone remember how soon in Oct they became available last year?

Andy D

I think the firsts et was available from the first of the month (October) to the end of it. Then the other one was available for a few days for Black Friday, both online and in store.

But perhaps this year the first promo set will be available in September for VIPs who purchase the set early? :shrug_oh_well:

Accoring to this post, GRogall is actually pi**ed off, so I'm not holding my breath for a second set this year. Saves me money, buying 2 sets isn't bosslady approved...

http://www.doktor-br...70558#post70558

Basically he's stating that he is pi**ed off, but getting one 10249 box in january/february.

So maybe his teaser is still correct, it's not a second version of the shop, it is the same shop with some nice changes, maybe that reffers to sweet. Don't know.

Maybe I'll try to get Creator 31038 later, I like that idea.

Edited by finish-last

Well, it's tough to say. Modular hint a few years ago was that the designer couldn't make soup which makes one think of a restaurant. Yet they didn't release the restaurant until the year after. Maybe next year will be a candy shop or gingerbread house or something equally "sweet."

Found this on one of the other threads. Can't wait.

2015 Holiday Promo sets

First is a train, looks like a Christmas version of the Emerald Express.

Second is a gingerbread house. Apparently looks amazing.

I came out of " the dark ages" last Christmas and fell instantly in love with the modulars and Winter Village Themes.

I've managed to pick up quite a few of the modulars and Winter Village sets over the last 10 months

( within my budget), and I was obviously delighted when Lego announced they were re-releasing the Toy Shop . I only have to get 2 sets from the Winter Village series but feel the Post Office is just outside my budget.

The fact that Lego has re- released a slightly tweaked version of the toyshop has got my hopes up about the Post Office. Does anybody think there is a chance it might be re-released in the future?

Who knows :) I can ask tomorrow... Currently in Billund with 1000steine AFOL's, tomorrow we will visit the LEGO Ideas House / store / Factory, I doubt that they will answer it though (and if they would they would probably give us a NDA before doing so :))

The fact that Lego has re- released a slightly tweaked version of the toyshop has got my hopes up about the Post Office. Does anybody think there is a chance it might be re-released in the future?

Welcome back from the dark age!

There is always a chance. But until Lego announces such a set, or maybe an insider drops a hint, we'll just don't know. If you're asking because you want to decide to pick up a copy on eBay, for example, or wait for a re-release, *I* would choose the first. But that's dependent of your bank account, of course ;-)

Who knows :) I can ask tomorrow... Currently in Billund with 1000steine AFOL's, tomorrow we will visit the LEGO Ideas House / store / Factory, I doubt that they will answer it though (and if they would they would probably give us a NDA before doing so :))

Please ask Enjoy your visit to Billund. It's on my bucket list of places to visit!

If you're asking because you want to decide to pick up a copy on eBay, for example, or wait for a re-release, *I* would choose the first. But that's dependent of your bank account, of course ;-)

I have been tempted to buy but I can't justify the price at this point in time :-(

Hopefully the re- release of the toyshop will be a success and the good people at a lego will consider doing the same with the Post Office!

I reckon they should eventually. I kinda liked the look of it. But trying to get an old one online would be far too expensive.

I think if it gets re-released, it won't be exactly like the one before. It'll have whatever building techniques, colors and parts at the time.

For the next one if it's a new Post Office, I'd love to see a remix of it. Keep the cool features like the round window with the canopy and the tiled floor, change the exterior from a split roof to a single large roof with a attic space, add a small cafe on the interior of the Post Office, a ski rental stand, and a improved postal van in the same style as the Winter Cottage snowplow truck. And also downsize the gazebo, and make the base the snowy bench with the lamp post a tiny bit bigger. Or maybe a train loading dock instead of the last two. But if it is something new, then I'd like to see a cozy hotel with a big Christmas tree and a dining hall or a new Winter Village single story house complete with grandparents, hot chocolate, and pie.

Edited by Lego Dino 500

For the next one if it's a new Post Office, I'd love to see a remix of it. Keep the cool features like the round window with the canopy and the tiled floor, change the exterior from a split roof to a single large roof with a attic space, add a small cafe on the interior of the Post Office, a ski rental stand, and a improved postal van in the same style as the Winter Cottage snowplow truck. And also downsize the gazebo, and make the base the snowy bench with the lamp post a tiny bit bigger. Or maybe a train loading dock instead of the last two. But if it is something new, then I'd like to see a cozy hotel with a big Christmas tree and a dining hall or a new Winter Village single story house complete with grandparents, hot chocolate, and pie.

Another route could be bricklnking it.

I managed to pick mine up without box but complete for £80 which I was happy with but if they rerelease it with a few changes I'd happily buy it again and mod them

But if it is something new, then I'd like to see a cozy hotel with a big Christmas tree and a dining hall or a new Winter Village single story house complete with grandparents, hot chocolate, and pie.

Would love to see a hotel something in the style of a Swiss Lodge!

Another route could be bricklnking it.

Have not tried to bricklink anything yet...but would certainly be interested in doing this!

I managed to pick mine up without box but complete for £80 which I was happy with but if they rerelease it with a few changes I'd happily buy it again and mod them

That was a pretty good deal. I have been looking out for second hand used ones but most available seem to be MISB.

Hopefully one may turn up at a car boot sale or charity shop...well one can hope! :-)

Edited by IrishKitty

Short answer, no, don't think so. As they re released Toy Shop, it will probably take a while to re release another set, much less from Winter Village. Long answer, maybe.. great set for nice windows and dark green..

I am very excited/hopeful for another Christmas train! I really want one to put under the tree. And I've been eyeing it the last two years. Even bought $$ of stuff last fall to get the small train to use for Christmas decorations.

excitement!! i just hope its as good, or better, than the previous release. wonder if it will be able to be modded to fit the old electric train chassis?

as an aside, a local website had the minecraft snow hideout at half price, so i bought 4 copies to use the white parts on the blue baseplates in my winter village.

God I soooo hope it is just as good as the last one although slightly hoping it's better. I don't even mind if it appears slightly expensive either, as last time I worked out how much to bricklink the old one, worked out to be around £200 I think it was... Not to mention, modern times Winter Village theme is desperately calling out for a Christmas train set!!