I like trucks, I like Camping, I like Tiny House movement, and I like tracks, So I wanted to combine all that into this entry:

20236985929_33e529d0ef_c.jpg

My entry for TC7 is Wasteland Self-Sufficient Survival Log Cabin Truck :)

It is based onto the three main sections:

1932 Autocar DIspach SD, American Workhorse:

20235545030_98390578fc.jpg

American small Log Cabin:

19800959594_74cc8aae6b.jpg

And small tracked missile carrier/launcher:

20414966552_8eae132308.jpg

Main sections of the model:

20397385326_68f6c2b79c.jpg

20415005622_6e29fe9d25.jpg

The model is built in 1:13 and is very big (almost 60cm long) and heavy. It has Steerable front axle, via crank, and Servo motor-ready place into the chassis, At the back, under the Log Cabin, are tracks, also with 2XL motors-ready chassis,

Model is fully manual, simply because it has so many movable parts and functions, It would be impossible to put so many motors and operate them properly. I was thinking long about that, but at the end I opted for manual version.

The story goes like this:

Our hero, Sane Min, is living peacefully in his Log Cabin in the hills, working as a woodcutter, using his trusty 1932 Truck. He was military man most of his life, and now, in this unsettling times, when Bandits and Enforces are starting conflicts, he just wants to be left alone.

But conflicts are every day closer to his hills, and he has to choose side. Both sides wanted him for his military knowledge and experience. They practically forced him into the conflicts. But Sane wanted to keep his belongings so he opted for the Bandits, plus he has other benefits there, such a free movies and games.

He had to move, so he decided to take all he has: A log Cabin, a Truck and his retirement gift - small tracked missile launcher. He spent 9 months buildign his ultimate surviving/battle vehicle:

Normal mode - Log Cabin Truck:

He can move over any terrain, thanks to his hydraulically powered tracks at the back, he can continue living and enjoying luxury many others in the Wasteland does not have, and he can enjoy it as a stealthy hill-man.

20414984862_6a1306fc2f_c.jpg

20235582410_92b0c90a00.jpg

Details:

I tried to put as many details as possible:

Truck:

-Real Proportions from Autocar blueprints.

-Chromed headlights

-Bar and support headlights at the roof.

-Hero's favorite plant and additional luggage is on the roof too.

-Three grills on the hood

-XL rear view mirrors

-Light blue glasses all around the cabin

-Cabin is curved, from 6 studs at the front of the hood, 10 at the back of the hood, 12 ath the start of the cabin, and 12 at the back of the cabin.

-Doors and hood can be opened.

Log Cabin:

-Made entirely from Log bricks

-On the sides are Tan supports

-Detailed interior (removed for the weight issues), but kept for a next mod of this model :)

-Red roof which has some bad, molded "tiles" in tan, gray and black color

-Three different roofs

-Cool windows with flowers.

-Most of the roof is covered with plants that Sane loves!

-Stone built chimney which connects to the stove.

Battle mode:

When the time come, Bandit leaders calls him, but never happened so far, it was never a good time for his weapon. Leaders know that, and they save his weapon for that proper time. Sane Min has to work long a and hard to modify his House on tracks to be able to defend the Bandits.

He has to install a fence, outriggers, three different but connected chassis, missile holders and lifters.

20236905808_88d83cc09b_c.jpg

Functions:

1. Outriggers are extended

2. Outriggers are deployed

3. Fence is spread

4. Three chassis are placed in the right angle, thus:

5. Truck Cabin is lifted

6. Log Cabin is lifted

7. Missile is lifted and ready to launch.

8. Front wheels can steer

9. All doors can be open

10. Hood can be open to reveal the engine.

11. Log Cabin has interior, but that is for another moc (peaceful)

Edited by Milan

After seeing your entry pic all i can say is WOW! I can't wait to see the transformation.

I think that is the best creatio of all them i the beauty :wub:

Can't wait the video :drool:

This is so cool :thumbup: I think it's like comic book style and I absolutely love it :classic: So detailed looks, great idea for transformation and so fun to look at :classic: Also liked very much the story that you invented :thumbup: Definitely winner candidate, excellent work!

This is one of the most gorgeous and unique models that I have seen in recent months. Having said that, I am not sure how this fits into the technic challenge as the large majority of the model is not technic. There have also been some other people that have been told about taking things off and placing them in other areas, for example your fence that surrounds the model.

This model may win or place on eye appeal alone and not so much the fact that it met the challenge while staying within the boundary of the rules.

This is one of the most gorgeous and unique models that I have seen in recent months. Having said that, I am not sure how this fits into the technic challenge as the large majority of the model is not technic. There have also been some other people that have been told about taking things off and placing them in other areas, for example your fence that surrounds the model.

This model may win or place on eye appeal alone and not so much the fact that it met the challenge while staying within the boundary of the rules.

I agree with it not being fully technic, but it is still pretty cool.

I agree that it is very cool, it's actually beyond cool. I love this model and it's design. It's just that I've been looking at the rest of the competitors and what they are building and they all seem to be going for an actual technic approach. This looks so good because of the large use of regular bricks that it almost seems unfair to the other entrants. Jim said the models with must be primarily technic, but this one looks primarily system brick based with minimal technic.

This is the most funny (cool) creation in this contest, although i think the transformation needs a bit development - f.e.: manual lever and simple mechanism to move, or does it have already?

I can not spot really...

Made me smile, great! :classic:

Edited by agrof

Like this one. Very original and well presented. I agree with the above comment (from agrof) it needs some development and I hope it is an ok entry.

Good luck..

H

Thanks all for nice comments, I did not expect so much replies :)

There have also been some other people that have been told about taking things off and placing them in other areas, for example your fence that surrounds the model.

Hi, I understand your note, but the fence is not taken off in any way, the whole fence system is packed and it has one point of attachment to the chassis. The rest of the fence is then "pulled around of the truck, but it still has its permanent point of attachment to the chassis. I think that is not against the rules. To me, it is the same as eg. crane lift its boom (manually), having one attach point to the superstructure. If I am wrong, I will change it.

I can take close pictures of the fence both packed and unpacked, if needed for the clarification.

i think the transformation needs a bit development - f.e.: manual lever and simple mechanism to move, or does it have already?

I can not spot really...

Hi, no, everything is fully manual (no gears, levers) just by hands. The cabin is so heavy and the model has three chassis (two movable) and it was almost impossible to install gears and levers.

That is a fantastic looking model :thumbup: I really like the looks and the story that goes with it.

But I am a little underwhelmed with the transformation. What is it more than a gun popping out?

It looks sweet! I would have preferred it more "technic style" but i see your point! It's Artistically great!

Fantastic looking model, it really makes me want a camper van that looks like this! :thumbup:

As for an entry in this contest however, I don't think it's that good. Mainly because of the absolute lack of Technic functionality (well, except for steering), but also because it seems like two random MOC (don't get me wrong, they are very good ones) put together, and then stuck a SCUD missile in the middle to adopt it to the contest.rules.

Again; I want to underline that I think this is a fantastic MOC :classic:

I really respect you as a builder, and would have loved to see you make something from the bottom up especially for this contest :wink:

Stunning model and very imaginative back story!

I only wish it was all motorized. I do realize that would be very very difficult...

Thanks all for the comments!

But I am a little underwhelmed with the transformation. What is it more than a gun popping out?

Well, it has transformable chassis, the whole two main sections of the bodywork change their location and are rotated, and few other parts of the models are transformed (fence, outriggers and system for the missile). I think it is more than, lets say for example, opening the hood or doors to reveal gun.

Jim stated the following:

For example:

• A vehicle with wheels (a car, a motorbike) that turns into a vehicle that doesn't need wheels (a plane, a helicopter, a boat, a submersible).
  • A truck that transforms into a rocket launch site
  • A helicopter that turns into a jet plane

And: You can create a vehicle where the bodywork rises and can turn like a tank. This doesn't really make it a different vehicle, but there is a proper transformation.

As for an entry in this contest however, I don't think it's that good. Mainly because of the absolute lack of Technic functionality (well, except for steering),

It does not have Technic functionality greater than the steering, simply because there was no such a requirement in the rules.

but also because it seems like two random MOC (don't get me wrong, they are very good ones) put together, and then stuck a SCUD missile in the middle to adopt it to the contest.rules.

I can assure you that this is not the case. I have created three sections for this model actually (truck, tracked chassis and the log cabin), as a new, never seen before, which can be confirmed on my FB page, as a wip stages. This model is designed and built specifically for this contest and main idea was, as Jim stated as example, a truck that transforms into a rocket launch site.