Ahoy,

many people have already updated their Brick Bounty. Now, here is my modification (My Own MOD = MOMOD) of the Brick Bounty:

20399439785_87b3eb6514_c.jpg

pirates-indexed.gif Fully rigged, Three masts, 21A

20405584581_f6127c21b7_c.jpg

I have lengthened the hull to allow space for a third mast.

The other modifications are minor.

20211425590_6ffa53313e_c.jpg

Carronades were added:

19778483173_e79926d0a7_c.jpg

And the cook is a friendly guy:

19776745624_d2d3d765a1_c.jpg

20211420530_fc54e45b66_c.jpg

Overall, I tried to keep style and design of the original.

A compass was also added:

20212828729_b64d6df695_c.jpg

More pictures and the larger versions can be found here.

Have a nice weekend - C&C welcome!

This is what the official set should have been - or at least something similar. I think it looks great, but of course the fabulous presentation helps. I especially like the second-from-last pic; with the background glare it looks like she's sailing into the sunset. This is perhaps the best of the MODS that I've seen. Good job keeping it true to the original - now it just needs a bluecoat vessel to engage in heated battle...

This is a fantastic mod. this could easily have been made a set if Lego was going for a more realistic look with the sets. When I finally pick up that set I may have to do the same

This is what the official set should have been - or at least something similar. I think it looks great, but of course the fabulous presentation helps. I especially like the second-from-last pic; with the background glare it looks like she's sailing into the sunset. This is perhaps the best of the MODS that I've seen. Good job keeping it true to the original - now it just needs a bluecoat vessel to engage in heated battle...

Thanks! Oh, yes, a bluecoat vessel - on to the next job!

Best part about this MOD is the raising of the sides. They were just too low, and didn't look all that good. A vast improvement overall!

EKnight

Yes, right, I did that pirate_laugh2.gif Thanks

This is a fantastic mod. this could easily have been made a set if Lego was going for a more realistic look with the sets. When I finally pick up that set I may have to do the same

What you need is basically a second set...

pirate_satisfied.gif

Much better then the original! I like this alot, I have also considered buying another ship to make a 3 mast version. The only thing I would change is the spacing on the two forward mast. They look a bit close. But the ship is great!!

What you need is basically a second set...

pirate_satisfied.gif

I might have to buy two of them. Did you use one or two extra pre fab hulls because I can see it's longer

Edited by cullmancreations

Much better then the original! I like this alot, I have also considered buying another ship to make a 3 mast version. The only thing I would change is the spacing on the two forward mast. They look a bit close. But the ship is great!!

You are right ... I have the same feeling. So probably another update is required.... adding another hull part.

I might have to buy two of them. Did you use one or two extra pre fab hulls because I can see it's longer

One extra hull part.

Looks much better! I like the new length, and your water is very eye-catching.

Thanks (and every time I use this, I never have enough water pieces...)

Cool, I like this mod a lot. Great work!

pir_laugh2.gif

The blue background with white clouds was the first thing that cought my eye - a nice building technique! Do your pirates play chess at leasure time? Please compare LEGO Pirates chess 40158 and mine (Pirate battle island). Which is more playable?

So as people have said, we basically need two ships... Is there then enough left to make a second smaller ship with the remaining bits and mast? -tempted to try this

Captain, my Captain!

One tough summer, even the ocean is running out of water...

Name it 'TBBB': 'The Better Brick Bounty', of course not to be confused with the 'BBB': 'Black Seas Barracuda'... and 'TBBT': 'The Big Bang Theory'. Now, suggestion, get the 'TBBT' LEGO minifigs as crew and rename it 'TBBTBB': 'The Big Bang Theory Brick Bounty', then improve it and re-rename it 'TBBBTBB': 'The Better Big Bang Theory Brick Bounty'... OK, this is getting out of hand now...

I, too, would suggest one more 'B', no, hull element, but 'TBBB' might 'B'come (what's wrong with me?!) too long. With a bit of fiddling around you might instead just place the third whatstheterm-mast on top of the captain's cabin, shorten it and increase the spacing between the fore- and main mast. But then you'd have to redo the rigging on the mizzen mast (that's the term!), and this might change the original style a bit too much, so it might not be worth it. For this is a very nice ship already!

'TBBB' for the win!

Best regards,

KB

Judging by what you created, you are a long time LEGO fan, just as I am. One of MOC-s is on LEGO Ideas site. I'd apreciate your opinion on it. It's called Pirate Battle island.

So as people have said, we basically need two ships... Is there then enough left to make a second smaller ship with the remaining bits and mast? -tempted to try this

Well, some things are left. But no cannons... For a one-masted ship the mast is a bit too high - you'd probably want to turn it into some older ship type (cog or so).

Captain, my Captain!

One tough summer, even the ocean is running out of water...

Name it 'TBBB': 'The Better Brick Bounty', of course not to be confused with the 'BBB': 'Black Seas Barracuda'... and 'TBBT': 'The Big Bang Theory'. Now, suggestion, get the 'TBBT' LEGO minifigs as crew and rename it 'TBBTBB': 'The Big Bang Theory Brick Bounty', then improve it and re-rename it 'TBBBTBB': 'The Better Big Bang Theory Brick Bounty'... OK, this is getting out of hand now...

I, too, would suggest one more 'B', no, hull element, but 'TBBB' might 'B'come (what's wrong with me?!) too long. With a bit of fiddling around you might instead just place the third whatstheterm-mast on top of the captain's cabin, shorten it and increase the spacing between the fore- and main mast. But then you'd have to redo the rigging on the mizzen mast (that's the term!), and this might change the original style a bit too much, so it might not be worth it. For this is a very nice ship already!

'TBBB' for the win!

Best regards,

KB

My dear friend, whatever your sigfig is drinking, he probably should try to go with less of it pir_laugh2.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed your comments.

I share your thoughts about the positioning of the masts, however, I wanted to do something "minimal invasive".

(And then I needed to work on the Kiosk of Khazad-Dum...)

Judging by what you created, you are a long time LEGO fan, just as I am. One of MOC-s is on LEGO Ideas site. I'd apreciate your opinion on it. It's called Pirate Battle island.

Sorry, this is for discussing my MOC/MOD. I am not that interested in Lego ideas.

The pictures taken from different angles help see all the details and that'good. This time I noticed and wondered how your sailors could get into the 2 crow's nests. The shrouds aren't high enough. Try to improve that. Otherwise everything is well done.

The pictures taken from different angles help see all the details and that'good. This time I noticed and wondered how your sailors could get into the 2 crow's nests. The shrouds aren't high enough. Try to improve that. Otherwise everything is well done.

You're right, that would be difficult to get into the crow's nests.

And as you can clearly see, noone has managed to do so pirate_laugh2.gif

Good MODs. Send the monkeys up to the crow nests. :classic:

.. of course...

Great idea about the monkeys!!! I totally support the advice. It can add one more eye-catching detail.

... monkeys... how could I forget???

pirate_laugh_new.gif

... I actually had expected some comments about this guy:

20211425590_6ffa53313e_c.jpg

It's funny you mention it, Cap'n. I just came back for another peek and thought, duh! How'd I miss seeing him the first time? Obviously you put him in such a prominent spot so he'd be noticed. With regards to the shrouds, they are, in my opinion, the worst part of Lego ships: standard length, poor shape, little use for anything but that one height. It's a shame TLG didn't use the old-style short ones up top to reach the crow's nest.

.. of course...

... monkeys... how could I forget???

pirate_laugh_new.gif

Yes, How could you? :laugh: you're the high-priest of the MONKeys

Very Nice ship!

Ooo, you got the exclusive VIP pirate set for spending $75 or more.

.. and I was lucky, because the sales event was actually happening while I was away on vacation.

But they had a few sets left and as I was eager to get this I bought the second Brick Bounty...

Which enabled me to build this MOD - and to show off a bit with that unique pirate guy! pirate_laugh2.gif