Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

My thoughts:

WRESTLER: Bah... nothing that interesting, except for the hairpiece.

JANITOR: Very nice minifigure, not my cup of tea, but indeed nice and detailed

KENDO WARRIOR: Meh... really disappointing

JEWEL THIEF: Nice indeed, but not amazing.

ASTRONAUT: Exactly what I had in mind. Nice one.

WINGED WARRIOR: FANTASTIC!!!!

TRIBAL WOMAN: A called one. I have to see her better.

ROBOT: I want to see that wing piece, but I'm not amazed.

ANIMAL CONTROL: Unique skunk piece, fantastic. The net seems the old one.

UNLUCKY GUY: As predicted, nice minifigure.

KNIGHT: FANTASTIC! That new spiked mace is awesome

SHARK GUY: Not my cup of tea

QUEEN: I'll buy a couple, since it's nice.

SATYR: Fantastic! New legs imho, but I expected a pan pipe...

BALLERINA: Nice and most foresought, we needed one

FARMER: Fantastic again, a lot of useful pieces and that pig...

So u don't like tea? They all look great!

My favorite are

Shark guy

Farmer

Clumsy guy

Edited by davidmull

Opinions are opinions.

No just the usual i like non ,then when there out people change there mind lol :)

Edited by davidmull

Maybe because I haven't bought any CMFs in awhile it's affecting me, but I really like a good half of these. That robot looks interesting, the queen is cool. The jewel thief is a nice new idea and that golden figure in the background could be really useful for MOCs. But I I think my favorite two are the knight and

anyone got a list of the new pieces in this series?

They all look good but Wrestler, Farmer, Satyr, Queen, Shark Guy, Gold Flying Guy, Cat Burglar (Great for black canary or catwoman) are the highlights for me.

Glad they made a CMF Plant Engineer lol

Really nice wave all around. Lots of very nice figures I wouldn't mind accidentally selecting to buy!

My favorite is the Saytr--his new molds are fantastic, and I really want to get a hoard of them. The Shark guy is also really sweet; although I'm a bit surprised that most people are iffy on him. I am disappointed in some of the figures though, as some are too bland. The spaceman is nothing special besides his classic flag; and I hate the Robot--largely because I dislike those Galaxy Squad molds. The Kendo warrior is useless; he's already available through Ninjago basically. I love the knight, but for some reason I don't think an army of them would look particularly good together, not sure why.

I'm really looking forward to the Winged Warrior's helmet piece, since I think it looks fantastic. But I do think it's a bit of a miss figure overall, since it would have been the perfect opportunity to finally get a new good wing mold, something like the Gargoyle's wings from the last wave but larger.

Granted I still think this is the one of best waves in a while.

That hairpiece AGAIN in the Animal Control Officer....

LEGO needs to destroy that mould... seriously

I'm...underwhelmed. I'm not very excited this time.

* Wrestler: He's okay, pretty much what I expected.

* Janitor: He's better than I expected, and I might actually get him.

* Kendo Fighter: Pass. Not my area of interest, though he doesn't look bad.

* Jewel Thief: A lot like I was hoping for, though I'm mixed on the hair. While it's good to get it in a cheaper set, I would have wanted something more unique, as it's being used in Ninjago, too.

* Astronaut: Major disappointment. I was hoping for something unique, not another City character.

* Winged Warrior: Very cool, though I can't see where I'd use him.

* Tribal Woman: She's okay, but I think people will only want her for the baby.

* Laser Robot: While he's cool, I'm still disappointed. We don't need another Battle Mech recolor. Give us new parts!

* Farmer: LEGO City: Undercover, anyone? He's pretty good, but I would have liked a new piece somewhere.

* Ballerina: This one, I like! Her hair (recolor of Sumo bun?) looks nice, and I like her tutu, and that she's not pink! I might get her.

* Satyr: I'll take new legs(!) but the flute is incredibly lazy. I'll definitely get him.

* Scary Knight: I wanted a monster, not a normal human in dark armor. Pass.

* Clumsy Guy: Regular arms, people, but the crutches look too awkward this way.

* Animal Control Officer: Yeah, that hair is too overused now. Nice colors, though.

I really like the skunk and pig. Shark guy reminds me of the shark men in the old Atlantis theme.

The bear shield is interesting as I just ordered two grizzlies to make bear cavallery. Is that the new bigger shield?

It sure looks like it.

But I do think it's a bit of a miss figure overall, since it would have been the perfect opportunity to finally get a new good wing mold, something like the Gargoyle's wings from the last wave but larger.

I agree.

My thoughts on this blurry preview:

Wrestler - Looks sort of like the Ultimate Warrior, my favorite Wrestler. Might get one.

Concierge - Not a bad take on a janitor, but not for me.

Kendoka - Can't tell what this one is going to look like, but it doesn't look particularly bad. Might get one.

Jewel Thief - Pretty good. I love characters in black, I always find them useful. Might get one.

Astronaut - Nothing special, but I like the flag. Might get one.

Winged Warrior - Really would have preferred a new wing mold like the Gargoyle's, but I love the helmet. Wondering what the pants look like. Might get a couple.

Tribal Girl - Love the baby and the feather. Not sure how the rest will look, but seems promising. Might get a couple.

Laser Robot - Not too interested, but I like this robot's color scheme more than the others. Body could be useful Might get one.

Farmer - I don't care about the farmer, but his hat could be useful, and he comes with a great pig. Might get a few.

Ballerina - Looks like you would expect it to, but I'm not into ballet. The skirt piece is nice. Might get one.

Satyr - Excellent. I love the overall design. Looks like new legs, which is awesome. Printed flute is better than the stick that came with the Snake Charmer, but Pan Flute would have been better. Will get a lot.

Queen - Simple design. I like it. Can't tell what the skirt size is. Thinner, I might get one. Thicker, I might get a few.

Shark Suit Guy - Perfect shark suit. I love it. No complaints. Will get some.

Scary Knight - This is a nice design. I like the prints. Not what I was expecting. Would prefer a more generic shield, but the new shield style from the Egyptian is nice. Will get some.

Clumsy Guy - Not impressed. I like the idea of crutches, but he looks even clumsier the way he uses them. Would have preferred a different crutch mold. The banana shirt and head wrap are nice though. Might get one.

Animal Control - I don't care about the animal control officer, but the net could be useful, and she comes with a great skunk. Might get a few.

Must haves so far: Satyr (many), Scary Knight (multiple), Shark Guy (some), Tribal Girl (some), Farmer (1+), Animal Control (1+), Winged Warrior (1+).

Overall, this is one of the better looking series. While some are overall uninteresting, they all have something I like. I'll have to choose wisely.

Thanks for sharing the image!

That hairpiece AGAIN in the Animal Control Officer....

LEGO needs to destroy that mould... seriously

That's a lot of vitriol for that hair piece. Personally, I don't mind it; a ponytail makes sense for the job.

Glad to see regular CMFs are back. I'd be happy to see another minotaur using those legs...good for pretty much any half human, half animal creatures. That Queen's dress is interesting- I'm curious to see if that's all done with cloth, or if that's a new leg piece. I'm guessing the former, but we'll see. Shark guy is cool- I love all the suited figs. The space guy with CS flag is awesome, and I'm glad to see the black robot in there as well. Anything Space is welcome. Overall, I think it's a nice, varied group of figs and I'll be happy to add them all to my collection.

Highlights of the set:

Satyr: Excellent figure all around

Knight: New mace, new shield and emblem using the Egyptian size but right side up again with very nice torso/leg detailing (I dislike the color combination on the shield)

Winged warrior: new helmet, includes the long spear, gold wings (too bad I bricklinked a ton of these armor pieces last year)

Papoose (I really would have liked a new hairpiece, but the baby is more important. I like the colored feathers, and will have to see on the torso/legs)

Skunk (I really wish this would have been a more prevalent creature like a squirrel or a racoon, but I'm very happy it's not a rat)

Decent

Farmer: it's nice to get a pig and the hat without the patch

Shark: always good to get another costurme

Queen: I'm not sure how I feel about the dress piece. Would have really like a curved back on it instead of a uniform thickness. I like the King better)

Janitor: very utilitarian figure and the mop head will be very useful

Meh:

Astronaut: Flag is a nice touch but otherwise a boring fig

Wrestler: Mullet is OK

Accident guy: mildly amusing, the headpiece might prove useful

Bad:

Jewel thief is just catwoman with a new hairpiece

Kendo guy: As mentioned, this is a ninjago rehash, what's the point?

Laser robot: Total miss. Another bad galaxy patrol fig.

3 army builders aren't bad, but 2 of them are limited (satyr and winged warrior). The Satyr is the coolest concept, but will be very limited use. The knight is the most useful, and will be the only fig I buy in large numbers. If the torso is decent on the native woman, she may be a limited army builder.

Definitely better than the Monster series, but still a mid-range series IMO. None of the figure blow me away like past figs have (Elf, Revolutionary solider, Egyptian, Hun, Spartan, Roman, Musketeer, etc.)

The Queen's dress is a large brick, not cloth.

From this series, I think I'd get the Wrestler for the trophy, the Ballerina, the Classic Queen, the Laser Robot (disappointing or not, I can't resist), the Satyr, the Jewel Thief, the Winged Warrior, and maaaybe the Clumsy Guy. The rest fail to interest me enough. Being a fantasy and sci-fi collector, this series isn't the one for me.

Agree with Rogue Angel: This is far superior than S14, but not as good as Series 13

It's like S12, rigth in the middle

Edited by Robert8

I am looking forward to acquiring all of them, but I really, really like the Satyr, Tribal Woman, Shark Suit Guy, Clumsy Guy, Jewel Thief, Queen, and Wrestling Champion. I am disappointed they went with a female figure for the animal control officer, since the zookeeper was also female, but that's really just a minor nitpick. Laser Robot doesn't do a lot for me, but I am a completionist so gotta get him ... January is going to be very expensive for me, I think ...

My thoughts on the blurry image:

Wrestling Champion: nice to finally see him, though I'm a bit disappointed by the trophy.

Janitor: Awesome. I like the mop head.

Kendo Fighter: Interesting. I hope his prints are nice.

Jewel Thief: I like the Black Widow hair, but I did hope for a hat/hair combo mold... Looks like this series won't be giving us one.

Astronaut: Looks like a plain old boring helmet, which is expected but unfortunate. He has something attached to his neck, probably the boring old air tank?

Flying Warrior: Can't quite tell if his torso is pearl gold, but it looks like it. Not a huge fan of the spear, but I'll take it.

Tribal Woman: Love the baby, I expected that hairpiece and I am still disappointed by it. I hope her prints are nice.

Laser Robot: What is that weapon!? Looks like a Battle Mech recolor with wings, which is okay. He has a great color scheme, but I expected something different, I guess.

Farmer: Not bad, but the prints look similar to stuff we've gotten before. I hope his arms have printing, as I can't really tell from the picture.

Ballerina: Well executed. Love the tutu, and I love that she's in white. A Swan Lake MOC, anyone!?

Satyr: Also well executed. The flute looks printed, which is a relief considering S13 gave us a snake charmer with a plain ol' 3L bar for the flute. It's not as good as a pan flute, but I'll still take it over an unprinted flute.

Queen: Looks nice, and I expected that she wouldn't have an accessory... Oh well. At least we get another ermine cape!

Shark Suit Guy: Great to see the fins from the other side. He's Chicken Suit Guy 2.0!

Scary Knight: Hmm. Hate the helmet, love the mace. The printing looks pretty nice in a unique color. I welcome new variations of the Egyptian Warrior shield, but I'm still unsure if I like the bear heraldry.

Clumsy Guy: Still like him, but it looks like the crutches are vastly different from we ones we saw in that illustration. I guess I need a better view of them since the picture doesn't show them off well.

Animal Control Officer: Cute. Great skunk and great to see sand green short sleeves. I hope her torso works for male figures, too. I'm not really upset over the use of the ponytail, it's just that it's in dark brown for the third time in this theme, and they could have used a different color...

EDIT: If I counted correctly, there are 14 new molds in this series, which is on par with previous series. The Farmer, Laser Robot, Kendo Fighter, Jewel Thief, and Astronaut are the figures without new molds.

Edited by telaruhn

I think that is a pretty interesting and diverse choice of minifigures and I will get one complete series for me :)

I am a bit shocked that the Wrestlers belt is just cut off...looks stupid and should have been done differently. I already see me searching for sharks as my nephews will want them badly, too.

The banana shirt on the clumsy guy is gold :laugh:

Most boring figures are Kendo Warrior and Laser Robot - but I do not really mind because for some they will be cool variations. I do not own any Ninjago figures, for example.

Edited by KCMatze

I agree with the Gargoyle wings sentiment; while I'm fine with the feathery ones, bat-like ones are better. Basically, my rating goes like this: bird-like<insect-like<bat-like<insect-like but with halteres*<pterosaur-like. Also, I like the new mop mold now that I've noticed it. However, , I can not accept the oversight involved in not calling that figure a ninja :tongue:. And are the robot's wings tr. light blue? Nice. I love the dark blue kendo gear too. Dark blue is always good. Definitely not as good as S14 though.

*A kind of organic gyroscopes that flies have instead of the second pair of wings

Edited by DraikNova

On the whole I am very happy with this series, bit disappointed in the astronaut (I would have like semi transparent, smoked glass on the visor) but I like the way the visor lifts, which is an improvement on the city ones.

Loving the ballerina, although she is very white, I want to see her in the flesh before I decide completely on her. I hope we get one in black or a male partner or both!

:wub: Satry :wub:

Wow!!! The queen's dress piece is so much better than I thought it would be, loving the new mould

What is the animal on the scary knight? Is it a wolf?

Edited by BrickOn

Wow, the Queen's dress piece actually looks great! I love the Ballerina's hair decoration. The crutches are the worst new piece I've seen in a while, and the Satyr's legs are great. The Winged Warrior is a lot of golden goodness, and the Laser Robot's not too bad, either. I wish the Tribal Woman had a neck bracket, though.

Thanks!

Edited by 8BrickMario