Interesting that most of the sets in this newest wave of Elves revolve around dragons. While it's really nice that dragons are becoming more widespread throughout LEGO sets (and TLG must know that dragons sell and do appeal to girls, I think they're trying to bleed my wallet dry with all these dragon-centric sets :tongue: ).

I would sincerely hope that the adult dragons are at least partly brick built and will look normal enough to blend in with all my other dragons in my so-called "Dragon's Den" area of my display (I don't want them with enormous cutesy eyes or overly weird proportions for instance).

Nonetheless, I'm normally quite anti-girl-targeted themes, but this time round, I think I'm going to have to make some room in my budget for these Elves sets because they sound really promising to me so far. Basically, put a dragon in a set and you'll have me hooked to whatever it is :grin:

Errrrgh... Never was a fan of the Elves line. Great recolors, I'll admit, but the combination of said colors hurts my eyes. And not really a mini-doll fan either...

But now they tempt me with dragons... If these are more European/Medieval dragons, I may have to consider purchasing them.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna be the tiny dragons.

Some of them? Probably. All of them? I seriously doubt it. Set names like "Lava Cave of the Fire Dragon" and "Adventure with the Water Dragon" make it sound like the dragons will be the most prominent parts of those sets, and unless the price point for both is $10 to $15, there's just no way baby dragons would be the most significant aspects of the build. Not to mention that "Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon Baby" sounds like a small set including the baby dragon we've already seen... and since that set name is the only one to explicitly refer to the dragon as a baby, it implies that those sets that don't will include larger adult dragons instead.

Edited by Lyichir

I'm pretty sure they're gonna be the tiny dragons.

And probably cutesy. Although I rather adult dragons not be. Guessing they'll be pretty colourful with lots of Elven designs, similar to the other Elvendale animals.

Some of them? Probably. All of them? I seriously doubt it. Set names like "Lava Cave of the Fire Dragon" and "Adventure with the Water Dragon" make it sound like the dragons will be the most prominent parts of those sets, and unless the price point for both is $10 to $15, there's just no way baby dragons would be the most significant aspects of the build. Not to mention that "Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon Baby" sounds like a small set including the baby dragon we've already seen... and since that set name is the only one to explicitly refer to the dragon as a baby, it implies that those sets that don't will include larger adult dragons instead.

I agree with you that the set names give the impression that they will be adults rather than just baby dragons. I wonder if they'll include other elemental baby dragons in the sets as well. I think the 'Dragon School of Elevendale' would be the best bet for including multiple dragons (like one earth adult along with variable elemental baby dragons).

I'm still having a lot of trouble envisioning what the Elves' dragons will look like. Brick built ones like the Ninjago ones have more complexity than what we've seen so far in the majority of the Elves sets, which is reflected by the difference in recommended ages bracket between the two themes. I think there is a higher probability that Elves' dragons will have moulded pieces like the Castle dragon.

Just imo, athough dragons are seldom heard in girls' themes but we've got them from LEGO (either brickbuilt ones from Ninjago or whole ones from Castle). That means adult dragons are not something innovative to FOLs.

So in this case, the dragon babies might be rather expectable. Of course, if TLG can bring back the adult dragon molds and give them Elve's color paletter design, some parent-kid pairings can be nice too.

Edited by Dorayaki

These dragons could actually get me into buying some of these. Especially if they have as many glorious translucent pieces as this year's sets.

The Amazon listings have been removed. I found a Polish blog that lists prices in euros for these sets, which should give an idea of how large they are.

Elves

Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon Baby (41171) – EUR 9.99

Water Dragon Adventure (41172) – EUR 24.99

Elvendale Dragon School (41173) – EUR 19.99

Starlight Inn (41174) – EUR 29.99

Fire Dragon Lava Cave (41175) – EUR 39.99

The Secret Marketplace (41176) – EUR 59.99

It sounds nice enough, and I really liked the series 1 of Elves- bought all of them. Did not care as much for series 2 though. But it's good to see that the Elves haven't been shelved.

Edited by Velouria

That green fence element is all over the treehouse set, so not exactly new? The half Ionic curl part is in one of the most recent small Friends sets. Can't wait to get my hands on lots of those!

My speculation:

*41171 Emily Jones and the Wind Dragon Baby‎‎-Emily and the baby dragon, accessories, cookies, stand

*41172 Adventure with the Water Dragon‎-Naida, Water Dragon, accessories

*41173 Dragon School of Elvendale-Tarran his dragon, baby dragon, perch, acessories, Teacher

*41174 Starlight Inn-Inn owner, Aira, large inn built into a tree

*41175 Lava Cave of the Fire Dragon-Azari, Brother/Sister/Naida, large dragon, large cave with more pink lava

*41176 The Secret Marketplace-Aira, Emily, Shopkeeper, Two large buildings

I like to think that the "Starlight Inn" is like the Prancing Pony, but with a "Saturday Night Fever" feel. A fantasy style inn, maybe some sleeping accomodation upstaris? Also the Secret marketplace...an Elvish Diagon Alley? Ah, the opportunities!

Official names, nothing too different:

41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon

41172 The Water Dragon Adventure

41173 Elvendale School of Dragons

41174 The Starlight Inn

41175 Fire Dragon's Lava Cave

41176 The Secret Market Place

Why does TLG torment us castle people with Elf sets that look greats.

Buy sets sell figs. I'm a castle fan and Elves bacame a unique race in my Lego world :)

I'm still having a lot of trouble envisioning what the Elves' dragons will look like. Brick built ones like the Ninjago ones have more complexity than what we've seen so far in the majority of the Elves sets, which is reflected by the difference in recommended ages bracket between the two themes. I think there is a higher probability that Elves' dragons will have moulded pieces like the Castle dragon.

I could see them straight-up reusing that dragon (albeit likely with different colors and prints, of course).

We should probably consider the extant baby dragons as our best indication of what larger dragons for this theme would be like. There should be enough of a design aesthetic continuity between them to indicate the baby dragons we have now grow up to be the adult dragons we're getting.

Why is that? Elves is great, though different from the Castle we knew. You can regard it as a fantasy version of Castle.

That kinda reminds me if we'll see more elf characters for the next chapter. Hopefully some senior elves like teachers and merchants are ensured to appear.

Edited by Dorayaki

Loved the red dragon....Hope they don't make it pink....

So far, the titles sounds like the dragons would follow the elemental path just like Ninjago and their elf counterparts. Maybe pink would be applied to a fire dragon cub, not the big one :tongue: .

I don't know, pink could work pretty well as a detail color for the fire dragon, perhaps as the color of a spine made from cheese slopes.

So far, the titles sounds like the dragons would follow the elemental path just like Ninjago and their elf counterparts. Maybe pink would be applied to a fire dragon cub, not the big one :tongue: .

But Azari wears a dark pink dress, perhaps her dragon will be that colour