Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

What does IP stand for? Internet Protocol? Intellectual Property? Irish Princess?

Intellectual Property, I would assume—meaning that it will be explicitly based on a real, branded automobile instead of some generic supercar.

Personally, the set I'm most excited about is the Bucket Wheel Excavator, simply because that's a subject the Lego Technic theme has never before depicted to my knowledge (and one that should look damn impressive if done right). Speaking of which, has there ever been a Lego Technic police car before? I can't recall any, but I'm not an expert on older Technic sets or B-models.

Edited by Lyichir

Speaking of which, has there ever been a Lego Technic police car before? I can't recall any, but I'm not an expert on older Technic sets or B-models.

There's 8230 and 8252. Both kinda small and simple sets.

Maybe the UIPC is an unreleased model in search of promotion? And that's the reason that is not called "ultimate Ferrari"?

Like the future new Lamborghini supercar* , or the F12 GTO?

*will be presented at Frankfurt,limited to 20 units and 1,2M $

Edited by Kaanere

Good theory. So basically they could have decided they want to make a licensed car but at the time that list was made they hadn't yet decided which brand to go for. That would explain why it's called IP car and not Ferrari or Lamborghini.

They must already have model finished by this time.Its probably licensing issue that they cannot reveal full set name by this time.

To quote myself, "but at the time that list was made".

There IMO isnt such a big gap between finalizing models and finalizing names.Probably first go models, then names.

The list is so long that it seems most likely it's the full Technic set list for 2016, as I see it.

If that's the case, I would assume the IP car will be for 2H, and having it finished now, almost 1 year before the release? It doesn't sound likely to me.

The list is so long that it seems most likely it's the full Technic set list for 2016, as I see it.

If that's the case, I would assume the IP car will be for 2H, and having it finished now, almost 1 year before the release? It doesn't sound likely to me.

I somewhere read, that designers have models prepared year before release.So ultimate ip car is probably finished, waiting for toy fair premiere.

My guess is that it's finished to the point of all the functions are there, they kinda know what it's going to look like and all the new parts are designed, tested and in place. From now till December will be refining the model and designing artwork/instructions. That's my guess. In the days of 8480 and 8880 I think there was more time between starting work on a new model and final release, like 3 years or something, maybe more. That's probably due to the ability the prototype new parts is now much faster, computers making everything faster in general and Lego's attempts at streamlining everything. I think they also had more than one designer working on each large model. I think 8480 had 3 designers.

Alright, could be. I imagine they do need time anyway to "perfect" the sets before the release. I guess a year from the stage of completion to the release isn't as much as it might sound.

I somewhere read, that designers have models prepared year before release.So ultimate ip car is probably finished, waiting for toy fair premiere.

Yes, I believe it was an interview with a (technic) lego designer quoted here or at Technicbricks and as I remember it he said that it was difficult to know which set that was referred when he talked to afols about 'this years flagship' because he and/or his colleagues had just been finishing next years flagship. Im essence, to him the Arocs should count as the flagship of 2014 when it was constructed, not 2015 when it was released...

Do we know anything about the sets? (Color, piece count, etc. ?)

If you read the posts in this topic, you'll find your answer! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

If you read the posts in this topic, you'll find your answer! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I couldn't find any exact numbers and colors.

I couldn't find any exact numbers and colors.

Because we know except for names nothing...

How can you be so sure?

In the Marvel thread there was a guy that had the 2016 lego retailers catalog and gived them hints.

But he says that he can't post more info or it will be banned.

I'm happy that we'll be getting a poice cruiser set. (At least that's what I THINK it is) I hope it get's something other than just steering and an engine. Working siren lights and maybe even a spike strip would be awesome! :excited:

I'm happy that we'll be getting a poice cruiser set. (At least that's what I THINK it is) I hope it get's something other than just steering and an engine. Working siren lights and maybe even a spike strip would be awesome! :excited:

Sorry but this and the Getaway racer are probably pullbacks.

And why can't they give us hints?!?

He says it will get banned if he keeps posting hints.

The post:

I'm not allowed to say anything pertaining the details of future sets anymore, or risk getting my account locked/deleted. Sorry.

Edited by Kaanere

Sorry but this and the Getaway racer are probably pullbacks.

I completely forgot to account for that possibility. At least there's still the bucket wheel excavator... :laugh:

Edited by theultimatetoa001

Jockos, on 22 August 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

He says it will get banned if he keeps posting hints.

The post:

snapback.pngNekchir, on 22 August 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm not allowed to say anything pertaining the details of future sets anymore, or risk getting my account locked/deleted. Sorry.

Seriously?! banned for using freedom of speech? wow i didnt knew this site was located in communist china, or north korea... (until now)