Mike S

[K - E11] The Garage of Mister S

Tags: Vehicle

A few days after his arrival on Traig IV, Mister S was summoned to a classified holographic conference with one of Kawashita's top executives...

18848453700_ba03802b7d_q.jpg

Akito Kawashita: I am extremely disappointed in your latest efforts S.

18848399938_4b2a9dc930_q.jpg

Mister S: Sir?

Akito Kawashita: Your latest MT model is a disgrace to the Kawashita name.

Mister S: You can't be referring to the Centaur HAM...Sir???

Akito Kawashita: Have you developed a new unit since you developed the Centaur HAM?

Mister S: No, sir. But I do not understand how you can be disappointed in the Centaur. I must say that I received rave reviews on it. I was quite pleased with it myself.

Akito Kawashita: This isn't a sculpture contest. Your job is to design cutting edge, technologically advanced vehicles, not fancy pants circus shows.

Mister S: But, sir, it is cutting edge technology! I'm sure you are well aware of the weapon payload it can carry. Nothing in its class can match it!

Akito Kawashita: And nothing in its class will crumple like an empty tin can the first hit it takes, either. You have been so preoccupied eying Kara Scel's megablocks that you failed to notice all the major design flaws that the Centaur HAM has.

Mister S: What??? Sir that's not true!!!

Akito Kawashita: Silence! I expect you to cancel all production orders on the Centaur HAM, go back to the drawing board, and design something actually worthy of the Kawashita name. You have one week.

Mister S: One week???

Akito Kawashita: I have confidence in your potential. Kawashita Group would not have acquired Microtronics Corporation otherwise. Neither would we presently having this conversation. You would have already been replaced. Kawashita's boundaries are being infringed on by both Mantis and Octan. All personnel must be in the very best form if we wish to keep a hand in the game.

I would suggest you go draw inspiration from the Sentinel for that is your finest work and a unit worthy of the Kawashita name. Make it bigger, stronger, faster. Make something that will strike fear in the heart of our enemies. Kawashita has been attacked on both fronts. It is time for Kawashita to strike back.

I expect you to have a new design unit in testing stage one week from now. This conversation is now over.

Voice Log of Mister S:

"Well that was totally unexpected. I go to the conference thinking I would get a pat on the back and instead I get a kick in the nuts. Strange, that accusation about me spending my time on Traig IV watching Kara Scel's megablocks. Maybe I did watch her a bit, but what else was I supposed to look at?!?!She is definitely more interesting than the HTC. Stranger yet was that as I was working on a Sentinel in my garage on the Akena, fruitlessly attempting to gain inspiration for another design, who should show up but Kara Scel. To say I was a bit confused is an understatement. Surprisingly it seems as if Akito, himself, assigned Kara to work with me and even more surprising is that she seems to be quite happy with the assignment. Not sure how a special forces expertise is supposed to help me with designing a mechanical unit..."

19051586635_9e65a31119_c.jpg

19045992122_6c084ebcbc_c.jpg

19054711421_d8ab991b6e_c.jpg

And a pic without the clutter...

19054680741_9cba7234f3_c.jpg

Looks like Punisher's garage! Love the Kawashita symbol in the floor and the whole garage is rather fantastic. Lots of nice detailing even down to the border at the bottom!

That is a really nice looking garage. I love the wall. That's probably my favorite part. :wub:

Of course, the Machines are nice as well.... :wink:

This feels Very Kawashita. Like, some builds are just great simply by virtue of looking good, but every part of this, from the details, to the story, has a Kawashita vibe!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Beautiful! Surprising how red and light gray fit so well together. That should be our color scheme! :laugh:

The curved wall is a really nice piece, but the trike and Kawashita symbol on the floor are also very good.

And Akito Kawashita is quite the man... Why does it seem the top executives are so harsh on us? :grin: The KG code of honor is really tough on the mind...

Fantastic build Mike! Like everyone else I like the walls in particular as well as the Kawashita logo in the floor. There's a lot of details to look at and enjoy and the vehicles are cool too. :thumbup:

That curved wall is fantastic!

Thanks!

Agreed, great build Mike! I also love Eurobricks' autocorrection of a s s to megablocks! :laugh:

Thank you! Haha, :laugh:

Mike, this is terrific! So much detail! :wub:

Thank you!

Great build, and indeed a great curve as well, love it

Thanks!

Wow great build. Neat how you have curved the walls. All of the weapons on the wall are a nice touch.

Thanks! This started out as an illegal weapons dealer's stash but then the idea came to me to make it Mister S' garage...

Looks like Punisher's garage! Love the Kawashita symbol in the floor and the whole garage is rather fantastic. Lots of nice detailing even down to the border at the bottom!

Thanks! I like that! After I post my next week's build, you Octan guys might call Mister S the Punisher! :devil:

That is a really nice looking garage. I love the wall. That's probably my favorite part. :wub:

Of course, the Machines are nice as well.... :wink:

This feels Very Kawashita. Like, some builds are just great simply by virtue of looking good, but every part of this, from the details, to the story, has a Kawashita vibe!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thank you! Nice to hear a comment about the story too! I'm trying to put together a plot that will tie all my builds together... have some mystery, and of course lots of action but make Mister S an interesting character.

Excellent build, Mike! The curving wall is great and I like the use of those large panels :thumbup:

Thanks! I bought a ton of the panels for a project that I never got off the ground. Kind of hard to find a good use for them other than what I originally planned.

Beautiful! Surprising how red and light gray fit so well together. That should be our color scheme! :laugh:

The curved wall is a really nice piece, but the trike and Kawashita symbol on the floor are also very good.

And Akito Kawashita is quite the man... Why does it seem the top executives are so harsh on us? :grin: The KG code of honor is really tough on the mind...

Thanks! Yeah those top executives... you would think we were in a military boot camp! :laugh:

Fantastic build Mike! Like everyone else I like the walls in particular as well as the Kawashita logo in the floor. There's a lot of details to look at and enjoy and the vehicles are cool too. :thumbup:

Thanks! I wasn't really too pleased with the logo but didn't have the time to do a proper cheese slope logo either so it had to do...

Awesome work, Mike!

Thank you!

Killer work, looking forward to seeing what's next in your arsenal :classic:

Thanks! Next up in the arsenal comes the good, the bad, and the ugly, all in one.... :laugh:

Nice clean build Mike. Love all the firepower displayed on the wall! The lift/mobile platform is done well and the Kawashita logo tiled in the floor is an awesome touch. :thumbup:

Excellent walls, you know I love your mechs and the total vibe is fantastic... lovin it!

Yeah the curved wall is incredibly cool! I agree that it feels very Kawashita. Love the huge blocks of red, and love that they're receded too. The weapons are great… and I love the little buggy (have we seen it before?).

The story is also superb. Glad to see that Mister S is being pushed to be the best he can be! Laughing at it, in fact - the center mech is an awesome build but is, in fact, sort of impractical. :tongue:

Yup, that is an awesome build.

Thanks!

Nice clean build Mike. Love all the firepower displayed on the wall! The lift/mobile platform is done well and the Kawashita logo tiled in the floor is an awesome touch. :thumbup:

Thank you! As I said before, wished I had more time to do a proper cheese slope logo!

Excellent walls, you know I love your mechs and the total vibe is fantastic... lovin it!

Thanks! For Kawashita!

Great story and build! That massive curved wall is amazing! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Laughing at it, in fact - the center mech is an awesome build but is, in fact, sort of impractical. :tongue:

Thanks! Not sure I understood the last part about being impractical though.... :look:

Why have a four legged mech when you can have a two legged mech. :tongue: Besides, hasn't Mister S ever seen Star Wars? What if someone gets their hands on a snow speeder. :devil:

Why have a four legged mech when you can have a two legged mech. :tongue: Besides, hasn't Mister S ever seen Star Wars? What if someone gets their hands on a snow speeder. :devil:

Got ya! :thumbup: I was thinking you were referring to the Sentinel (two legged mech). But honestly, the Centaur (four legged mech) was a crappy build that only looked kind of cool and no longer exists because it got eaten and digested by a much more capable predator. And having four legs was the least of its problems... :wink:

Edited by Mike S

Love this! The curved wall, tools and weapons organized so neatly (everything in its place), the perfect blend of colors all make this so Kawashita! :sweet: I enjoyed reading the story and look forward to how your builds tie in.

Oh, I see the confusion now haha - stupid early morning mis-spellings. :blush: