just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

The Ra's set definitely won't sell as well as other batman sets. Unless the desert batman ends up being highly sought after, there isn't that much appeal for this set for casual fans of batman. Although I will say Ra's is on the newer Beware the Batman show, so maybe the youths of the world do know who he is and will want this set. Either way, I'm getting it fo sho.

26538882854_c160379e75_c.jpg

This was posted to a Mexican Facebook Lego Sale page... Is that a new Batman variant? and is that a Lex from BvS in his prison jumpsuit?

That also appears to be a Real Madrid print on the top row.

I've spotted a couple of bootlegs on the page in the past but never usually mixed with genuine figures and there's some new figures such as the Dengar figure and the new Blue Nightwing on there.

Opinions?

Edited by Robianco

The Batman minifigure is reminiscent of the Rebirth design, but something looks off... :sceptic:

I doubt these are SDCC exclusives, considering those never leak out ahead of time.

Nice find, nonetheless, Robianco!

Edited by Sir Gareth

The Batman minifigure is reminiscent of the Rebirth design, but something looks off... :sceptic:

I doubt these are SDCC exclusives, considering those never leak out ahead of time.

Nice find, nonetheless, Robianco!

It's an odd one. Normally you can spot something iffy a mile away but there are a lot of leaks from the Mexican factories (including me already owning a blue Nightwing) but it just seems very matter-of-fact that they're sitting on this page.

Use of the old cowl is also something that seems a little off but then again the Desert Bats is using it. It does have me intrigued though.

I must admit I've not even considered them to be SDCC early releases but normally our reliable sources would know if a set is planned and the BvS Lex seemed strangely timed if there isn't an extra BvS set.

Edited by Robianco

This was posted to a Mexican Facebook Lego Sale page... Is that a new Batman variant? and is that a Lex from BvS in his prison jumpsuit?

That also appears to be a Real Madrid print on the top row.

I've spotted a couple of bootlegs on the page in the past but never usually mixed with genuine figures and there's some new figures such as the Dengar figure and the new Blue Nightwing on there.

Opinions?

Even odder, Lex's prison outfit in the movie had short sleeves, not long ones. I doubt a customizer would make a figure look that real and forget that one detail. A SDCC figure too wouldn't have that problem since they're usually some of the more detailed ones.

Edit: I think Lex is actually based on his appearance from All-Star Superman.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Lex looks iffy, Bats looks... Not sure. They could be legit, maybe not, but with no other sets we know of planned this year, this would be an odd time for a leak of minifigs. Lex could be a SDCC exclusive, which would be a lucky miss, but I have no idea why that Batman would be there.

Have there been any polybags confirmed for this year? I could see Lex being a promo. I have doubts that Batman is real, but seeing as how it's been said that he's in his Rebirth costume, comic con doesn't seem like a bad idea, especially if it's not as desirable as previous exclusive figures.

Have there been any polybags confirmed for this year? I could see Lex being a promo. I have doubts that Batman is real, but seeing as how it's been said that he's in his Rebirth costume, comic con doesn't seem like a bad idea, especially if it's not as desirable as previous exclusive figures.

The blue Nightwing has, but other than that, apparently not. Maybe part of another DVD? They often include figures they won't put into sets, Lex may be one of them. That Batman may be a new variant for next year or something, however the timing for such a leak is peculiar to say the least. However, should a new set, and it will, be revealed at SDCC, it kinda makes sense to make a Batman figure if they're intending to unveil a set with Batman in at SDCC.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Red Batman/Nurse Joker debacle.

At least these ones look like they could be real :laugh:

In all seriousness though I could see that Batman being the new common version in upcoming sets but it is an odd time to get a leak, unless Lego plans to announce something at SDCC. Neither look like a SDCC exclusive to me and the lex is kind of meh so if it is real I would guess it is maybe a DVD exclusive or polybag? I highly doubt another BvS set is coming given the critical reception and I can't really think of how they could put that lex variant in a set as I doubt they would do a big prison playset.

Is Target doing another cube this year? Lex could be in that.

Oh for the love of god please no. I hate those damn cubes. It'd be fine if they were made elsewhere, hell even a promo for spending a certain amount or whatever in the LEGO Store, but they put great figs in those cubes and only a smattering of people can get them. Hopefully it'll be another Legion of Superheroes fig this year, as I don't care for them.

Oh for the love of god please no. I hate those damn cubes. It'd be fine if they were made elsewhere, hell even a promo for spending a certain amount or whatever in the LEGO Store, but they put great figs in those cubes and only a smattering of people can get them. Hopefully it'll be another Legion of Superheroes fig this year, as I don't care for them.

I second this, if they were also available at Smyths as well like most target exclusives I would be a lot happier. I'm still upset at missing out on Superboy

Fake, the Batman torsos look like rip-offs of Scott Simon's torsos. I think we shouldn't be too optimistic about this, any leaks now are unlikely as we don't even have 2017 set names. Just saying, and the soccer figures are fake too. Exclusive CMFs without dual molded arms are strange.

Fake, the Batman torsos look like rip-offs of Scott Simon's torsos. I think we shouldn't be too optimistic about this, any leaks now are unlikely as we don't even have 2017 set names. Just saying, and the soccer figures are fake too. Exclusive CMFs without dual molded arms are strange.

Yeah that got me as well. Luthor, Messi(?) and Ronaldo(?) all should have dual molding if legitimate but I don't know

Hmmm, those minifigures look suspicious. Lex in prison outfit seems to be like another nurse joker. I'm sorry, but this looks like another case of the fake Batmen that were leaked.

Edited

Edited by amazingbricks

Hmmm, those minifigures look suspicious. Lex in prison outfit seems to be like another nurse joker. I'm sorry, but this look like another case of the fake Batmans that were leaked.

Should that not be 'Batmen'? ;)

I'm hoping to finally pick up my Batcave in a couple of weeks, should I get down to LEGOLAND (I get discounts there), are there any members who could share their thoughts on the set?

the pound isn't "cheaper", the difference is the exchange rate means you can usually get $1.5 for every £1 but many companies call it the same - $39.99 becomes £39.99 (no idea why!!!)

We don't have VAT in the U.S. Of course, we don't have universal health care either. :)

The new Robin in the Ra's set comes with the yellow cape and the black hood, but isn't there also a piece out there that's supposed to the the hood when it's 'down'? Didn't Wyldside or whatever her name was from the Lego Movie have one, or am I losing my mind?

The new Robin in the Ra's set comes with the yellow cape and the black hood, but isn't there also a piece out there that's supposed to the the hood when it's 'down'? Didn't Wyldside or whatever her name was from the Lego Movie have one, or am I losing my mind?

Yeah there is, Green Arrow had that peice in green in the Darkseid set. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't include both hood pieces in the set though. Edited by Foxes Productionz

Yeah there is, Green Arrow had that peice in green in the Darkseid set. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't include both hood pieces in the set though.

That piece has been produced in black, though, right?

EDIT: Answered my own question;

Wyldstyle-1.jpg

Edited by retrotaco

That piece has been produced in black, though, right?

EDIT: Answered my own question;

The hood is pink on the inside in the back, so it would work from the front but not the back (unless you can remove the pink or paint over it).

The hood is pink on the inside in the back, so it would work from the front but not the back (unless you can remove the pink or paint over it).

Aaaaah. Has it been released in just black? I mean, wouldn't be hard to get some rubbing alcohol or something and get the pink off it, I suppose.

I'm hoping to finally pick up my Batcave in a couple of weeks, should I get down to LEGOLAND (I get discounts there), are there any members who could share their thoughts on the set?

Congrats! Absolutely loved the Batcave set. When I saw the pics and box art etc I thought it was cool but could understand some comments of people being underwhelmed, but when I saw it built in person it completely changed my mind and I just had to get it ASAP. There's actually a thread for the Batcave itself in here somewhere where you'll find a lot of people's opinions etc so that might be of help? Enjoy building it!!