just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I admit the pit looks a little bit too small, but the buggy looks pretty good and the minifigures isn't that bad too (Althrough the minifigures can be better with more unique printing :thumbdown: ).

This Ra's set is definitely the best summer DC set! Love the Lazarus Pit part, but Bat Buggy is unnecessary in my opinion. They should have used buggy so pieces to make bigger Lazarus pit area, but this is my only complaint about this set. Desert Batman looks good ( close up pics would be appreciated), Robin is good as well( Damien Wayne?), Talia & Ra's look awesome. Can't wait to get this set!

On the topic of why Talia is red, she has worn outfits in a variety of colours over the years but I assume Lego wanted her in an outfit reminiscent of the animated series but didn't want it to be black as that could get her confused with Catwoman. The red colour was likely inspired by either the outfit worn in the dark knight rises or more likely by the outfit Talia wore (essentially for fighting in) in the batman incorporated comics.

It looks just about okay!

PROS:

- That "how to use the Lazarus Pit" illustration is adorable.

- The little Bat Buggy thing actually looks pretty good.

- I like the cage for holding Damien, and it looks like there's some sort of play feature for kids there, probably to open the cage door.

- I like Desert Batman, although I would have liked him more if his cowl had come in a different colour. I also like Ra's.

- The spiral staircase and main doors are cool.

CONS:

- The main building is just a facade, rather than having an actual interior. It looks unfinished.

- The Lazarus Pit is comically tiny, may as well be a bathtub or a puddle. :laugh: I would have liked it to look grander and a bit more important. Speaking of, is that a launcher to launch Ra's from the pit, because that's terrible and hilarious?!

- Talia Al Ghul looks terribly generic, as does Robin IMO.

In the end, I think how good/bad this set is depends on how much it costs! I personally think the good here outweighs the bad a little bit - because thank goodness, a location-based set! Even if we only got a suggestion of the location at hand, I'm still quite relieved that we have one. Also, while usually I dislike sets with an overly heavy Batman presence, this time Batman seems to be balanced out with his villains, and because Ra's is traditionally a Batman villain I'll allow Batman's presence here (unlike in sets like Green Lantern vs Sinestro, where Batman is just tacked on for no reason).

Alright set! :sceptic:

That's a decent little set! For once, the model's focus isn't heavily biased on either side, and the minifigures (except the pointless Robin rehash) look pretty nice!

That's a decent little set! For once, the model's focus isn't heavily biased on either side, and the minifigures (except the pointless Robin rehash) look pretty nice!

At least we get a nice new cape and a hood!

Definitely not terrible. Not building or displaying the location build when I get it but a bat-buggy is still missing from my bat-vehicle collection. =D nice variant of Damian Wayne bit I wish desert Batman came with a brown or dark tan cowl and cape.

Usually I'm annoyed that LEGO uses the Wonder Woman and Girl-from-Doctor-Who heads for every single woman they don't want to make a unique and more appropriate head for but in this case I feel that the Wonder Woman head and hair suits Talia fairly well.

In other news, Talia is now the worst mother in the comics, DC direct movies and now in Lego sets.

Love the set! Every minifigure looks good, yes including Damian and Talia. The only I thing I don't like is Wonder Woman's face.

Definitely not terrible. Not building or displaying the location build when I get it but a bat-buggy is still missing from my bat-vehicle collection. =D nice variant of Damian Wayne bit I wish desert Batman came with a brown or dark tan cowl and cape.

Usually I'm annoyed that LEGO uses the Wonder Woman and Girl-from-Doctor-Who heads for every single woman they don't want to make a unique and more appropriate head for but in this case I feel that the Wonder Woman head and hair suits Talia fairly well.

In other news, Talia is now the worst mother in the comics, DC direct movies and now in Lego sets.

Really? LEGO does that of Wonder Woman. But the face of Clara Oswald is only in the LEGO Doctor Who set. Right?

Love the set! Every minifigure looks good, yes including Damian and Talia. The only I thing I don't like is Wonder Woman's face.

Really? LEGO does that of Wonder Woman. But the face of Clara Oswald is only in the LEGO Doctor Who set. Right?

Lego reuses heads all the times unfortunately, especially in regards to the Superheroes lines. Clara's head is not unique to her; it's used in some Star Wars sets as well.

Oh wow. That Ra's al Ghul set is a must-buy for me! The pit is a bit tiny, but there are definitely ways to make it bigger.

The set really is about what I expected. I like the jail cell and the doors and stairs, but I would have preferred to have no bat buggy in order to have a better pit. I don't know why Batman absolutely MUST have some sort of vehicle in every set.

I will buy this though.

First thing I'm gonna do is give Ra's the Dragon katana from Ninjago.

I am surprised I like the buggy as much as I do. I wasn't expecting to care about it, but it's actually quite cool! And the stickers are hilarious; "Bruce + Talia" heart, and a comical how-to for the pit show a loving attention to detail on the designer's part.

As for the people asking why Talia would lock her own son up, Talia is very villainous at times in the comics. In fact, when Damian died (he got better), Talia had a big hand in the plot that lead to it. For some reason, some adaptations (such as the animated movies) show her more antiheroic (a la Catwoman), when the opposite is really the case, especially in Grant Morrison's stories. Some writers even had her drug Bruce to conceive Damian.

Talia's always been the worst mother imaginable. Raising him to be a ruthless killer, then creating a twisted clone of him and allowing Damian to die at its hand? Yeah, kidnapping is like a sweet goodnight tuck-in by her standards.

Clara Oswald is used for the resistance soldier in First Order Transport, and A-Wing pilot in an upcoming Star Wars set and for Toryn Farr in Hoth Base set. Wonder woman works for Maria Hill but looks poor on Captain Marvel. And now for Talia.

Clara Oswald is used for the resistance soldier in First Order Transport, and A-Wing pilot in an upcoming Star Wars set and for Toryn Farr in Hoth Base set. Wonder woman works for Maria Hill but looks poor on Captain Marvel. And now for Talia.

I think Wonder Woman's head works great for Captain Marvel, but it's surely overused. Lego needs to make 5-10 generic female heads for licensed sets and stop usin WW head for almost every female minifigure.

Looks pretty neat to me! I expected a bigger Lazarus Pit, but the builds are still pretty cool and the pit can always be modded to be larger.

Ha! Above that instructional plaque, is that a heart with "B+T" carved in the wall? That's great! :laugh:

Talia's always been the worst mother imaginable. Raising him to be a ruthless killer, then creating a twisted clone of him and allowing Damian to die at its hand? Yeah, kidnapping is like a sweet goodnight tuck-in by her standards.

Kidnapping is probably how Talia would've picked up Damian from preschool, if the League of Assassin's actually had preschool.

I find it odd that the set gives Ra's a golden katana as his default sword, instead of a normal metallic sword, since I can't recall him having a fully-golden one anywhere. At least we get a normal one in the set. Does anyone know why Lego has put out so many gold katanas the last few years? Are they somehow cheaper to produce or something?

Gah, why are they using the black-brick head??? This cowl has a chin, it doesn't need it!!!

Because Batman got a tan in the desert. Duh.