just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

So happy that both sides aren't Fu Manchu. I like both heads alot with the context of the other head.

What's up wit his green eyes in the "Young Face"?

I don't read the comics, so it's probably really cool, I just don't get it.

When he gets into the Lazarus Pitt he rejuvenates and gets the eyes green.

Yes, the green eyes indicate "Lazarus Fever" - turning temporarily stronger and violently insane as a side effect of using a Lazarus Pit, the pools Ra's uses to reverse the damage when he grows old or is injured.

Must have.

Is the batman not just blue and grey with no shirt and a scimitar? I guess that's what I have a second catcyle chase and a prince dastan for.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Absurdly large images of both sets here - and here

Thanks Sci! Looks like Scarecrow has brown eyes though and it seems Lego isn't sure which side Red Hood is on.

Thanks Sci! Looks like Scarecrow has brown eyes though and it seems Lego isn't sure which side Red Hood is on.

Since Red Hood has the bat symbol on his chest, I'm guessing he's on the Bat Family side. When he's a straight up antagonist, I think his chest is missing the bat symbol.

Neat that there are now minifigures of 4 of the most iconic robin characters!

Since Red Hood has the bat symbol on his chest, I'm guessing he's on the Bat Family side. When he's a straight up antagonist, I think his chest is missing the bat symbol.

Neat that there are now minifigures of 4 of the most iconic robin characters!

Even so, in the picture he seems to have joined Croc's side while in a couple of others he's on Batman's

Even so, in the picture he seems to have joined Croc's side while in a couple of others he's on Batman's

Oh yeah, the art we have gotten is all over the place in terms of which "side" he looks like he's on.

Even his motorcycle has the Bat symbol on it, and oddly this picture places him facing off against his own motorcycle!

Speaking of Red Hood, why DOES he have the batsymbol on him at all? In terms of lore, i have only seen "Under the red Hood" the movie, and i don't really recall that being there, though admittedly it's been a while...

Speaking of Red Hood, why DOES he have the batsymbol on him at all? In terms of lore, i have only seen "Under the red Hood" the movie, and i don't really recall that being there, though admittedly it's been a while...

He got the symbol after making peace with Bruce I think, although I wish his figure wasn't included with it

Edited by Duncan Young

He got the symbol after making peace with Bruce I think, although I wish his figure wasn't included with it

It's easier to find a generic leather jacket than one with a bat-symbol on it. Bust up an old Indiana Jones figure and you should be alright! :)

he also had this symbol in Arkham Knight videogame, after he abandoned his Arkham Knight persona.

It's because he (like Boomer and Katana) are based on their New 52 design

Red_Hood_Jason_Todd_New_52_0001.jpg

Edited by Quicksilver838

I'm not so keen on the batsymbol on Red Hood. I like it being there, but it doesn't look right to me. Too many points on the symbol methinks.

The LEGO reason is its based on the New 52. He might change his design in Rebirth. The lore reason is that he loses his original uniform while lost at sea and is rescued by Starfire that has uniforms and shirts originally belonging to Nightwing. He pretty much has no choice but to don the bat symbol and resents it for a while but comes to terms with it when he rejoins the Bat-family.

I hope the new Ra's comes with alternate white hair like what they did with magneto in the second Xmen set.

I hope the new Ra's comes with alternate white hair like what they did with magneto in the second Xmen set.

I doubt they would bother to add the white printing on the side of the black hair if that was the case.

I doubt they would bother to add the white printing on the side of the black hair if that was the case.

Well they are also using that hair with the printing for Doctor strange.

I know it looks bad, but that's how it's officially going to look. I'm not happy with it, but at least they're trying new printing on this hair piece.

I disagree as young Ra's still has the white streaks but aged Ra's in the comics has all white hair.

I know it looks bad, but that's how it's officially going to look. I'm not happy with it, but at least they're trying new printing on this hair piece.

I actually quite like how it looks it just doesn't match the old side of his head.

I think I'm the only one who's excited for the Juniors set with Luthor lol :laugh:

I would be if there was a little more exclusivity. I like the new lex, but the fact that they're using Bruce Wayne's head now, is just disappointing. I liked his older face and I think it would have been better if they gave him that face again. If supes had boots, that would have been a big selling factor. It's not a bad set, but I just wish we could have gotten better minifigures.

There looks like 3 new elements that in scarecrow set

The Harvester's windscreen

Piece holding the brown stud shooter on the side of the havester

A gray piece on the outside of the helicopter near the stud shooters

7713E5AC-72EE-4CFF-9DB2-1DB0142333A9.png

28538091-9532-4485-BF79-7B2E86E4F80E.png

A9E46E6E-8B43-4BB2-AC14-12B6EEB22A3A.png

Edited by Fightingswords

I would be if there was a little more exclusivity. I like the new lex, but the fact that they're using Bruce Wayne's head now, is just disappointing. I liked his older face and I think it would have been better if they gave him that face again. If supes had boots, that would have been a big selling factor. It's not a bad set, but I just wish we could have gotten better minifigures.

Aaaaah, yeah, I definitely can understand that - yeah, the boots would have been awesome, Lex's head isn't an issue for me, cause I have over 6 of those Lex Mech sets, so I've got over six Lex Luthor's lol - I'll just swap out one of those heads. I like that his power armor is different from the polybag, so you can have different looks for him too. Plus it looks like a few elements that can be incorporated into my Batcave.

As a matter of fact, it looks like they switched out almost every purple element for green and vice versa when you compare the polybag to the new one;

lego-30164-batman-2-lex-luthor-superheroes-minifig-personnage-blog-fabjoueauxlego.jpgc6f60_pTRU1-23425835_alternate2_enh-z6.jpg

Edited by retrotaco