just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Oops sorry, I meant real Commissioner Gordon. One that is actually older with the gray hair and mustache. In the brown suit like from the Animated Series.

My favorite is definitely the TDKR one. So upset I missed out on that one. :/

Hope the new sets rights the wrong by putting him in a cheaper set; even if he has the darker skin tone.

I hope we get a more comic book based Gordon at some point. I don't mind the Lego Batman Movie one. For now, I'll just stick to the custom I made.

13101278_10154031256706855_390462783_n.jpg?oh=fdbd21409bfeee0e379f39dfb4be3090&oe=579BE902

I hope we get a more comic book based Gordon at some point. I don't mind the Lego Batman Movie one. For now, I'll just stick to the custom I made.

13101278_10154031256706855_390462783_n.jpg?oh=fdbd21409bfeee0e379f39dfb4be3090&oe=579BE902

There great. Love them..

Whose face does Harvey Bullock have here?

Edited by Captain Nemo
Don't Quote Pictures

Whose face does Harvey Bullock have here?

I used the head of Dan Reid from the Lone Ranger but I might will switch it to this head used for the Ostrich Jockey from the Prince of Persia.

Seeing as how I don't know where to put it but it pertains to both DC and 2017, the long rumoured DC Superheroes Girls sets are coming next year, and it seems like they are minifigures not minidolls.

...head used for the Ostrich Jockey from the Prince of Persia.

Ostrich Jockey just sounds wrong on so many levels.

Seeing as how I don't know where to put it but it pertains to both DC and 2017, the long rumoured DC Superheroes Girls sets are coming next year, and it seems like they are minifigures not minidolls.

Having new designs for those minifigures would be great news and certainly open up the possibility for many female heroes and villains although Bumblebee seems to be the only one we don't have yet from the promo images I've seen... although I've just seen there's Cheetah and Hawkgirl... I've just seen for the first time that it's a high school thing. I think this could leave a few people with mixed feelings about getting some characters in an 'Equestria Girls' kind of form.

Yeah! I certainly hope so, the way I've been calling it (hesitantly) for a while now. DC is absolutely going to bankrupt me next year between normal sets, Batman's movie, and these.

Great news! Thanks for the heads up hulk smash.

That's...surprising. I was sure they were going to be minidolls. Guess I'll have to pick up a few of those sets now!

minifigures not minidolls.

'Punches the air'

(no wait that doesn't sound right, well if you've played lego harry potter I mean the victory dance that the students in peril do when you save them.)

Anyway thats good news guessing from whats been most prominanty advertised I think we can expect a Batgirl, a Wonder Woman, a Harley Quinn ,Bumblebee and Supergirl at least.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

That's pretty surprising, but great if true! This makes me think that there's not going to be a dedicated theme (like Disney Princesses) but rather just a few DC Super Heroes sets with Super Hero Girls branding, the way that Amazing Spider-Man is a sub-brand of Marvel Super Heroes.

Did you get the sense that there are going to be SETS (plural) or maybe just a single set to test the waters?

Are the TRU dcpis for the dc sets out there?

Picked up Scarecrow today but they didn't have Croc.

Pleasantly surprised at the builds. I heard the tractor and combine were cool, but I wasn't digging the Batcopter until I started building it.

It's pretty slick, and after I covered the field of studs on the tail, I like it quite a bit.

The long rumoured DC Superheroes Girls sets are coming next year, and it seems like they are minifigures not minidolls.

Gee as a mini doll fan I feel betrayed. :P Seriously this was like our one chance to have superhero mini dolls and they blew it. :P Prehaps mini dolls are being scrapped all together? Seems weird to have no minidolls in this and in Disney Princess. :S

If Harley does share her hair with her Lego batman counterpart (they look similar) it's worth mentioning there's no hole in the hair piece. Ivy's hair defiantly has one though as she has a spring green flower accessory in the side of her hair.

Edited by Soupperson1

If Harley does share her hair with her Lego batman counterpart (they look similar) it's worth mentioning there's no hole in the hair piece. Ivy's hair defiantly has one though as she has a spring green flower accessory in the side of her hair.

Looks like part of the mold and painted to me. I'd much prefer it was detachable so the cool hair would be much more versatile.

I wonder if dc/wb didn't want a minidoll theme... Lego certainly is betraying themselves and their specific fans that have joined in cause of minidoll sets.

Looks like part of the mold and painted to me. I'd much prefer it was detachable so the cool hair would be much more versatile.

I wonder if dc/wb didn't want a minidoll theme... Lego certainly is betraying themselves and their specific fans that have joined in cause of minidoll sets.

Well there's people who feel like due to the stylisation of the show that any sets should have minidolls, then there's people like myself who would feel betrayed if say... Cheetah, was released as a minidoll and not a minifigure

That's why I've been saying this had a 50/50 of getting minidolls or figures; the two audiences it would be most likely to attract are Friends fans and DC fans, so it would have to follow suit of one or the other. As a DC fan, I'm glad for this. Perhaps Lego didn't want to give ammo for people to declare this sexist the way some people have with Friends and Elves (note: let's not start that discussion in here, I'm merely pointing out that this discussion happens; I don't want to start any flaming)?

So what do we think about the eyes for these minifigures, will they be all messed up like teen titans, clone wars etc.?

So what do we think about the eyes for these minifigures, will they be all messed up like teen titans, clone wars etc.?

Nah, normal eyes seem more likely.

Well there's people who feel like due to the stylisation of the show that any sets should have minidolls, then there's people like myself who would feel betrayed if say... Cheetah, was released as a minidoll and not a minifigure

With the amount of mini dolls we currently get in sets, Cheetah would come out in like two years. :P

DC fans do have alternative versions of the characters however (apart from Bumblebee, Cheetah ect.) I can't see why us mini doll fans can't have one theme if you guys are getting two next year. Is not getting a high school Harley so outrageous? :P

Edited by Soupperson1

With the amount of mini dolls we currently get in sets, Cheetah would come out in like two years. :P

DC fans do have alternative versions of the characters however (apart from Bumblebee, Cheetah ect.) I can't see why us mini doll fans can't have one theme if you guys are getting two next year. Is not getting a high school Harley so outrageous? :P

Well, nobody here is deciding what type of figure the sets have. It definitely seems out of left field though, so I understand the disappointment; I wonder what the reason is, and how they will be branded and marketed.

(Also, catty mean girl Cheetah shouldn't be an excuse not to get cursed African goddess Cheetah in a regular set.)

Planning on Picking up the Scarecrow set Wednesday. Builds are nice. Like the Minifigures. Planning on decorating my LEGO Town for Halloween and that set would be perfect.

Not so keen on the Killer Croc builds though.