G0M

[MOC] Modern firestation

Hi guys,

Here is my first MOC for the city I'm building up for my kids. Indeed, they were born 3 months ago and I want them to have a nice city to play with in 5 or 6 years. Then they can extend it as well with new buildings.

So the first MOC is more for my boy since it is a fire station. It's all on CAD right now but I have order all the parts (more than 3000) on bricklink and will start the building as soon as I receive everything.

I wanted to make something a bit modern and I find the inspiration with this picture :

303994casernedepompiers.jpg

I started the building and ended up with the following modular construction :

174858vue2.png

968505vue4.png

As I said, it's modular so every single story is independant and can be taken off the building. I'll post some pictures of the inside later on maybe when it's built since it's so long to make those Ray Tracing rendering)

The fire truck is a MOC too. The tractor itself is the same as the one in the police set 60044 and the trailer is complete MOC. Here is a closer view of it :

859599MOCtracteur.png

DO note hesitate to make some remarks and to criticize this !

I think it's brilliant! Great idea

One idea, might be worth moving/removing the antenna from the top modular. I only say that as it would be easy to knock off each time when taking the top floor off each time. I know mine is from the emporium!

Interesting design, G0M. I like the red wall and roof around the gates. Are you planning to make it in bricks? And any interior?

And welcome to Eurobricks :classic:

Thank you for your feedback.

I plan to make it in bricks. I have 90% of the bricks and I'll build it around the 15th of May.

Pictures of the interiori are coming.

FOr the antenna, it might be a bit fragile indeed. I'll check how robutst it is with the brick model !

I think it's a Scania truck indeed. Ask Lego since it's a red version of the Police truck in the 60044 set.

So far, that truck doesnt fit in the garage so I think I'll modify it a bit

I plan to make it in bricks. I have 90% of the bricks and I'll build it around the 15th of May.

Pictures of the interiori are coming.

Oh, then you are really close in realizing this project, G0M. I guess you're thrilled to get started putting these bricks together :wink: I look forward to see the result.

That's a very good fire station and should be fun for your children to play with. The truck is nice too - it could be an official set (all of it!). Have fun building!

Lego City delivered the building licence !

Here is the first picture I took this afternoon ! Some parts are missing, some other are the wrong color (black instead of dark bluish grey) but soon it will be as I wanted to be !

70783320150501192241.jpg

Cool modern Fire station G0M. Looking forward to seeing more of this. As for the tiller truck, I always thought that this tractor unit was a resemblance to a Volvo rather than a Scania. Also might be better with a single rear axle to resemble a Tiller trailer? just a thought.

Hi,

Here are the first pics of the exterior of the station.

The black bricks will be replaced pretty soon.

Please excuse the mess in the background, pictures were shot right after I fed my twin babies !

516960caserneextrieur1.jpg

433807caserneextrieur2.jpg

290744caserneextrieur3.jpg

357403caserneextrieur4.jpg

880385caserneextrieurmodules.jpg

679946caserneentre.jpg

No problems with the pictures here.

Looks brilliant!

Great original design on the structure of the building.

Pity your blinds have these holes to let the sun to speckle all over the building.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Man, that fire station is gorgeous. I love mid-century throwback builds, but this is a perfect example of a modern build done right. Wonderful job!

Thank you for your feedbacks guys.

Sorry for the pictures with light spots but I shot those pictures the only sunny day in Paris !

I have some few pictures of the inside. I'll post them pretty soon

The stone sign/tablet thing in the flower bed is a great real world detail, really adds something to the MOC.

Just want to ad my admiration for this firestation. I really like the look of it. :classic: And that big firetruck look awesome aswell. :thumbup:

Nice playable MOC. Come on - you can do the big 7 at the front as well - it would add to the already cool design...

The flowers are nice. Do you have some more green plants in your stocks? :wacko:

Brick on - here's to you, great new MOCer - welcome to the crazy world of AFOLs :grin: