Kai NRG

[G:G9, U vs. DK] Blowing up the Oil Pump

Deep in the badlands of Kaliphlin, a gang of Ulandian sympatizers stumble across a bit of a pumping apparatus used by the Desert King to squeeze money out of the land itself. Filled with righteous indignation, the group set it alight and beat a hasty retreat!

16998827390_e838ae9d23.jpg

I wanted to try out a slightly new style of sand with the slopes going every which way, let me know what you think! Thanks for looking!

Excellent build Kai, I really like the sand here! :wink::thumbup: Fantastic job on the micro-pumping apparatus as well!

Great fire and smoke effects (I feel like I've been saying that on a lot of Ch. IV builds :laugh: )

Neat sand design too :thumbup:

Thank guys!

Looks good. I take it your going for the distant sand dune looking effect?

Something of the sort. I'm actually thinking it might not be too bad at minifigure scale... maybe I'll try it out when the rest of my slopes arrive!

Great fire and smoke effects (I feel like I've been saying that on a lot of Ch. IV builds :laugh: )

Neat sand design too :thumbup:

:laugh: It's the classic form of destruction!

Thank you!

:thumbup:

I'm not sure the straight slopes work for me here. Maybe the curved ones would work better?

There is a lot of that going around lately! :laugh:

Enlarging this to "normal" scale would create some truly gigantic flames but then I suppose that's just what you wanted. I'll echo everyone else in saying that the smoke is excellent - specifically the graduall fading of color from jet black to the different greys. The sand looks a little too angular to my eyes but then microscale tends to exaggerate rigid features anyway. "Righteous indignation" - Ha!

Great micro-dunes and I love that fire and smoke :classic:

Thanks Robin!

:thumbup:

I'm not sure the straight slopes work for me here. Maybe the curved ones would work better? ...

Thank you! I don't have very many curved slopes (2, to be precise!), but those might work better!

Enlarging this to "normal" scale would create some truly gigantic flames but then I suppose that's just what you wanted. I'll echo everyone else in saying that the smoke is excellent - specifically the graduall fading of color from jet black to the different greys. The sand looks a little too angular to my eyes but then microscale tends to exaggerate rigid features anyway. "Righteous indignation" - Ha!

Thanks!