Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Train 12 Volts

Crane wagon

crane-025.jpg

What makes crane car so special?

This is a really good question ...I think that the cranes stimulate our childish and ingenious side! :sweet:

When I was a child I liked to play with the crane of my dad's Marklin collection

crane-026.jpg

... now after several official Lego models and a great source of inspiration found on the web (see the follow image)

crane-024.jpg

I realized my final model ...enjoy the pictures! :laugh:

crane-020.jpg

crane-021.jpg

crane-022.jpg

crane-023.jpg

crane-014.jpg

crane-015.jpg

crane-013.jpg

crane-012.jpg

crane-016.jpg

crane-001.jpg

crane-002.jpg

crane-003.jpg

crane-004.jpg

crane-005.jpg

crane-006.jpg

crane-007.jpg

crane-008.jpg

crane-009.jpg

crane-010.jpg

crane-011.jpg

crane-017.jpg

crane-018.jpg

crane-019.jpg

See you soon with my next project! This crane needs an exlusive locomotive... :wink:

Very nice crane. And smart use of those ancient windows. They work really well. Also thanks for showing us more historic crane trains. Interesting to see them.

Nice crane. Good use of a fishing line lead weight. I miss those old LEGO metal hooks.

Wow some good detail there LT12V! I really do love cranes for trains (no rhyme intended). Now that I think about it though I dont have an official set with a crane in it *oh2* . I know what that means though either make one myself or go buy one!!!

Nice crane. Good use of a fishing line lead weight. I miss those old LEGO metal hooks.

I have never seen the metal hook weights before... were they common? What part number is it or what sets were they in/ what year(s) were they used in?

Great designs and pictures LT12V!!!!

-Rail Co

I like the 4.5/12v style cranes; they look like they could be official sets - or at least something out of an ideas book.

EDIT: Looking at your montage, are they from an idea book?

Edited by Commander Wolf

Very cool crane there, LT12V! I really like the way you built the frame on the arm and I like your solution for the windows better than the grill tiles.

The problem now is that after your montage of all those neat cranes... now I'm starting to feel like maybe I need a crane too! :laugh:

...smart use of those ancient windows. They work really well.

...I like your solution for the windows better than the grill tiles.

Thanks guys for the really appreciated compliments and for your attention to details! :thumbup:

Very good work, i wait for the locomotive. And thanks for adding me in your friends list.

You welcome! :wink:

Nice crane. Good use of a fishing line lead weight.

You have hit the spot, also the crane is full of fishing line lead weight to guarantee the stability of the car even with the extended crane outside :thumbup:

Thanks also to Rail Co and Commander Wolf ...for Rail Co, as already said, the hook is a standard Lego pieces, the weight is a lead for fishing ...for Commander Wolf: the assembling of this wagon comes from having seen the 2014 Markling's catalog :classic:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Dig the images showing design progression, they make it seem really fun. The door and windows look great.

Does the crane car have trouble on corners with the wheels close together like that?

For the hook, can you use a metal Technic hook (http://www.bricklink...gItem.asp?P=x99) so that you don't need the fishing weight?

Thanks for the hint ...I didn't remember that piece :thumbup:

Does the crane car have trouble on corners with the wheels close together like that?

No three wheels togheter are working well ...like the container wagon from set 10183 :wink:

10183_wagon.jpg

very nice works, since you know we are involved in vintage Lego pieces you can understand how we really love the old fashion blu cranes.

Only one question: how can you find the time to produce so many lovely models every months? we are really in troubles to finish the long awaited Br loco because of lack of time...

best wishes

Sergio and Eros

Edited by monai

Thanks for the compliments Sergio & C. :blush:

To answer your question I can tell you that carry out the projects with CAD is fairly quick, the real problem is the cost of the pieces that curbs my productivity! :wink:

Nice crane wagon, they are special for some reason. It was also good to see those old ones. I recall the old 'blue' era one myself. Getting me in the mood to build my own now.

Great work on each part and the entire collection is far better than the sum of its parts. It is neat to see the progression in styles from 1970 to today. I too like your use of rare and vintage windows.

Very nice build. This truly looks like an evolution of the concept from the 1970s. Great work!

This yellow crane is awesome. I like the shape and the old style windows you've used. As usual from you, fantastic pieces of art.

Getting me in the mood to build my own now.

I know what you feel ...I'm mad for cranes! :laugh:

I hope we see in Lecco this year!

I hope to meet you too this year! :thumbup:

It is neat to see the progression in styles from 1970 to today.

This truly looks like an evolution of the concept from the 1970s. Great work!

When I saw the Lego picture about the crane cars evolution I've imagined to realize my replica :classic:

This yellow crane is awesome. I like the shape and the old style windows you've used. As usual from you, fantastic pieces of art.

I'm honored of your comments mosinjor ...thank you very much! :blush:

That is one nice build really like the detail, Dad had Marklin's you can't find a finer electric train set....Other than Lego that is.

I like the technic arm of the crane! :wub:

That is one nice build really like the detail

Thanks King and Bullet ...tomorrow I hope to post the locomotive for this wagons!

Happy Easter for now! :laugh:

Your depressed deck flat bed car is stunning. I can only hope that two depressed deck cars that I am building turn out that nice.