darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

10 hours ago, Chromide said:

I agree, the prequels need a lot more than what we have gotten for them.

Seeing the Harry Potter line makes me desperate to see them redone for sure! 

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Go back to the prequels? What about Anakin's Podracer, the three Kashyyyk sets, two Microfighters and two polybags we got this year? :tongue:

I do agree it would be great if more sets from the prequels were released. A Geonosis Droid Factory is certainly overdue and I was actually thinking the other day how much the Geonosian minifigures could be improved today with the Faun/Gremlin legs and Parademon wings.

A Naboo Battlepack is a nice idea too. The only thing that would make it better would be a Naboo Royal Guard. We've already gotten the Security Guard (yellow uniform) and Security Officer (Panaka uniform) in sets before - but not this version:

TVC-2203.jpg

Don’t get me started on the Podracer set!

That Naboo Royal Guard would be most welcomed. 

Devised a realistic wave of ideas for each film here: 

TPM: Gian Speeder, AAT, Naboo Royal Starship, Sith Infiltrator, Mos Espa Podrace, Republic Cruiser, Landing Craft 

AOTC: Airspeeder Chase, Solar Sailer, Hailfire/Geon starfighter, Droid Factory, Jango’s Slave One, SPHA-T, Petranaki Arena, Dropship with AT-Te 

ROTS: Vulture Droid, Separatist Shuttle, Arc-170, Duel on Mustafar, UT-AT, Republic Gunship, Invisible hand 

That Naboo Royal Guard is way overdue! :thumbup:

Just heard a rumor there might be a TOR trilogy in the make, that should give some awesome sets. Always hoped for a Mk. VI Interceptor. :moar:

Edited by Cyberfounder

I sure hope that rumor is true, but as far as the storyline goes I'm worried Disney will screw it up somehow. Sets would be great for that time period in any case, though.

Tie Bimber: Tie Pilot, Addmiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, stormtrooper

Duel on Mustafar:  Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padme Amidala, shock trooper, Wat Tambor , security droid.

Utapau Chase: Boga, wheelbike, crab droid, Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Tion Medon, Commander Cody, 212 trooper

AAT: Captain Pananka, Queen Amidala, guard, battledroid x3 

I'm posting this here for I was not sure if it warranted a new topic of its own, but feel free to move it if it seems better/the debate takes on.

A thought that's been going around my head recently is what could be future "cheap sets ideas" including sought after or rare minifigs that are usually reserved for larger sets.

To explain more clearly, I'm talking about how usually there are some minifigs, even of main characters, which are only available in the larger more expensive sets.

To give some examples, I'm talking about figures such as Lando in his Bespin attire (now cheap with the 20th anniversary snowspeeder in a vintage look, but until last winter only available in the two CC sets), Bodhi Rook and K-2SO from Rogue One (only available with Krennic's Shuttle), Zeb from Rebels (only in the 2014 Ghost set), or even the simple ANH Princess Leia (which until this year's Death Star Escape was relegated to Falcons, Death Stars or Tantive IVs).

If we want to go to the beginning of it all, we just have to look at Darth Vader, which for the first years of the license was only available in the Y-Wing vs Tie set, until Final Duel in 2002, and while we're talking about main villains even Kylo Ren was not available for cheap until the TLJ microfighter set and later the Duel set including Rey from this year.

So, without entering the "exclusive minifigs pro and cons" debate, my question is what are, in your opinion, feasable set ideas up to the 30/40€ or 30$ (differentiating because usually 40$ equals 50€ in Lego SW and those prices are usually considered to be the "low" ones) range to include minifigs usually rare?

Also, keep in mind that I'm not limiting the debate to "main" characters who have only appeared in larger sets (such as General Leia or Mace Windu up until the Grievous Speeder Ripoff), but also characters such as Mon Mothma, Bail Organa (who finally appeared) or ones that have yet to appear (Cantina denizens, General Dodonna, Nien Numb, etc).

On the topic above I'd like Lego to release cheap sets with desirable minifigures. Much rather those than the lacklustre action sets Lego have decided to release this year. I can't believe Lego haven't included an Endor Luke in any recent sets... 

75XXX Endor Battle £29.99

Minifigures: Endor Luke, Paploo, Scout Trooper(x2)

Includes: Ewok Glider and Speeder Bike(x2) 

75XXX Jabba's Palace Droid Factory £24.99

Minifigures: EV-9D9, Gonk Droid, Gamorrean Guard

75XXX Rebel Fleet Trooper Battle Pack £13.99

Minifgures; Rebel Fleet Trooper(x4)

Includes: Yavin watchtower 

75XXX Tie Interceptor £49.99

Minifigures: Tie Pilot, Imperial Officer, Stormtrooper, Mouse Droid

75XXX Tie Bomber £59.99

Minifigures: Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Tie Pilot, Stormtrooper, Death Star Trooper

On 6/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, ArrowBricks said:

On the topic above I'd like Lego to release cheap sets with desirable minifigures. Much rather those than the lacklustre action sets Lego have decided to release this year. I can't believe Lego haven't included an Endor Luke in any recent sets... 

75XXX Endor Battle £29.99

Minifigures: Endor Luke, Paploo, Scout Trooper(x2)

Includes: Ewok Glider and Speeder Bike(x2) 

75XXX Jabba's Palace Droid Factory £24.99

Minifigures: EV-9D9, Gonk Droid, Gamorrean Guard

75XXX Rebel Fleet Trooper Battle Pack £13.99

Minifgures; Rebel Fleet Trooper(x4)

Includes: Yavin watchtower 

That's exactly the kind of sets I'm talking about. It's actually quite funny that on Luke's page in the Ultimate LSW guide (from fall 2017) the only Dagobah, Bespin and Endor Lukes are still yellow-faced. The first two were finally updated last year, but I agree that we're overdue for an update on the Endor one, and the set idea you proposed is thousands times better than the action battle thing they came out with this april.

Also the rebel battle pack would be nice, seeing as apart from the 2008 BP, Fleet Troopers have been quite scarce and I'm not gonna buy loads of 4+ TIEs to get them.

To add some ideas, what about an update to ep II Bounty Hunter Pursuit, but instead of remaking the old set split it in two, similar to the Han/Moloch's speeders from Solo.

Zam Wesell's Speeder 29.99/39.99€

Includes the speeder and parts to make the assassin droid, maybe a small balcony build representing Padmé's room if we want to bump up the price

Minifigs: Zam Wesell, the assassin droid (it would be counted as such), Padmé (nightgown) and maybe the obligatory R2-D2 to complete the scene (arguably more logical to be here than in the Sentinel Dropship from last year).

Anakin's "borrowed" Speeder 29.99€

Obviously including the speeder, not sure what else could be included though.

Minifigs: Obi-Wan and Anakin (a nice way to get padawan Anakin, which was last seen in the Custom CW Starfighter) and maybe Captain Typho? OR another Assassin droid, similar to how in Han's speeder we get one hound for them to fight off.

Edited by Per_SW
typo

Splitting up the speeders into two sets is a good idea and I like the inclusion of Captain Typho but I still think Padme should be based on her senator costume from the start of the film. A nightgown minifigure would be pretty boring.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Splitting up the speeders into two sets is a good idea and I like the inclusion of Captain Typho but I still think Padme should be based on her senator costume from the start of the film. A nightgown minifigure would be pretty boring.

I didn't think about the senator robes, I agree that it would be a much more interesting and appealing minifig, still giving them a chance to show off the new robe/gown piece.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, Per_SW said:

I'm posting this here for I was not sure if it warranted a new topic of its own, but feel free to move it if it seems better/the debate takes on.

A thought that's been going around my head recently is what could be future "cheap sets ideas" including sought after or rare minifigs that are usually reserved for larger sets.

To explain more clearly, I'm talking about how usually there are some minifigs, even of main characters, which are only available in the larger more expensive sets).

I would certainly welcome this proposal. A few ideas:

Cantina Encounter €14.99

Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, Obi-Wan, Luke, small bar section.

Wampa Attack €24.99

Wampa, Luke with Tauntaun, Small cave build

Max Rebo Band €14.99

Max Rebo with instrument, Droopy McCool, Sy Snootles (minidoll body with molded head), Oola. 

Reunion in Saw’s Hideout €39.99

Jyn Erso, Saw Gerrera, Benthic, G2-1B7 droid. Holographic projection of Galen Erso (print/sticker on transparent panel). Interior build includes Bodhi Rook in prison cell.

Edited by AntiKragle
Typo

43 minutes ago, AntiKragle said:

I would certainly welcome this proposal. A few ideas:

Cantina Encounter €14.99

Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, Obi-Wan, Luke, small bar section.

Wampa Attack €24.99

Wampa, Luke with Taunton, Small cave build

I think a Mos Eisley Battle Pack similar to the Bount Hunter one a few years back would be more suitable. 

That Wampa cave needs re-releasing. 

Think we can all establish that less pricier sets with interesting and new figures are what we want! Lego needs to return to this for sure.

You can find that one cheaper, just wait to find the right deal. Check on eBay. I got my 75020 for 55 dollars, and it was complete. That is obviously a great deal though haha don't expect that.

I have a few ideas for future battle packs, even made me own concepts models.

Sith Battle Pack
Minifigure - 2 Sith Apprentice, 1 Sith Master and 1 Sith Lord (Sith Pureblood)
Model - Speeder

Jedi Battle Pack
Minifigure - Jedi Master, 2 Jedi Knights, Padawan
Model - 2 Dwarf Spider Droid

Wookies Battle Pack
Minifigure - 4 Wookies (2 with armor and 2 without)
Model - HummBike (from Galactic Battlegrounds) and Turret 

Kashyyyk Battle Droids
Minifigure - 4 B1 Battle Droid & 2 B2 Super Battle Droid
Model - STAP, Tree and Turret

Ewok Battlepack
Minifigure - 4 Ewok
Model - Glider and Catapult

Gungan Battlepack
Minifigure - 4 Gungans
Model - Catapult
Note: I think I see why we haven't gotten a Gungan Catapult set.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Personally, I would love a MBS Kamino set, styled exactly the same way as Betrayal At Cloud City. Have a couple small landing platforms with mid scale versions of the Jedi Starfighter and Slave I, have the entrance chamber, the meeting chamber, the labs, the mess hall, Jango’s chambers, the viewing platform overlooking a room to line up the clones. It could come with Obi-Wan (with old Luke’s hair piece since it would be more accurate than the Prince if Persia one he currently uses), Jango, Boba, Taun Wi, Lama Su, child clones, adolescent clones, and fully armored clones, and it could even include one of those manta ray creatures that jumped out of the water. I know TLG tends to stay clear of big prequel sets, but people like me would buy them instantly

On 8/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I would love a MBS Kamino set, styled exactly the same way as Betrayal At Cloud City. Have a couple small landing platforms with mid scale versions of the Jedi Starfighter and Slave I, have the entrance chamber, the meeting chamber, the labs, the mess hall, Jango’s chambers, the viewing platform overlooking a room to line up the clones. It could come with Obi-Wan (with old Luke’s hair piece since it would be more accurate than the Prince if Persia one he currently uses), Jango, Boba, Taun Wi, Lama Su, child clones, adolescent clones, and fully armored clones, and it could even include one of those manta ray creatures that jumped out of the water. I know TLG tends to stay clear of big prequel sets, but people like me would buy them instantly

I've never really thought of that concept, but I agree, that does sound incredible and I'd buy it.

Just thought about if we'll ever get another droid battler pack, those stud shooters will look so weird on droids.

Variety - Ewan McGregor Confirms Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus Series to Shoot Next Year

Ewan McGregor has confirmed that he will be reprising the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi for a Disney Plus series centered around the powerful Jedi, after Variety previously reported that he was in talks for the series.

At Disney biennial D23 convention in Anaheim, Calif. on Friday, McGregor provided more details about the prospective show and explained why he decided to pick up the light saber and don the Jedi robe once again.

Producer Kathleen Kennedy said, “We have all the scripts written we’re ready to start shooting next year.”

On 6/20/2019 at 11:47 PM, Per_SW said:

That's exactly the kind of sets I'm talking about. It's actually quite funny that on Luke's page in the Ultimate LSW guide (from fall 2017) the only Dagobah, Bespin and Endor Lukes are still yellow-faced. The first two were finally updated last year, but I agree that we're overdue for an update on the Endor one, and the set idea you proposed is thousands times better than the action battle thing they came out with this april.

As a quick reply to the Endor Luke problem: Endor Luke is essentially Luke from the Ewok Village or Final Duel set (they have slightly different printing but the same shirt, only that the kind of "flap" in the shirt is flapping more in the other) with the poncho from Endor Leia and the rebel commando helmet from the Imperial Shuttle set. So we actually have everything for a perfect Endor Luke, just not in one figure, but if it was to be made into a figure, probably it would be done in that way anyway?

- Samppu

On 8/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I'd certainly buy a MBS Kamino set. It could also take inspiration from TCW as well as AOTC just like how the Death Star covers both ANH and ROTJ.

Still the Geonosian Arena is the main prequel location I'd like to see made the most.

Since Hasbro has been tapping more into the comics recently, I really do hope for a few sets based off of those. I've drafted up a few ideas, it's rough with no ideal prices in mind.

New Republic X Wing (Age of Resistance: Poe Dameron)

Build: NR X Wing and a small technician station

Minifigs: Poe in NR uniform, Kare Kun in NR uniform, BB8 and since I don't want to spoil the ending since it's a recent release.

Spoiler

Holdo, with the Protocol Droid head she stole for the Resistance

Alternatively, this could be done for Resistance with a few figures swapped around.

Volt Cobra (Star Wars main run)

Build: The Volt Cobra.

Minifigs: Sana Starros, Han Solo (Can be ANH, or maybe older Han with his Solo jacket from the Scourging of Shu Torun arc) Luke in his Yavin jacket, Black Krrsantan (Tarful piece in black with newer printing), there could be an aditional fig maybe.

ArkAngel (Doctor Aphra)

Build: The Arkangel.

Minifgs: Doctor Aphra, Tripple Zero, BT1, Tam Posla, and maybe since we don't have figs for them yet we could sneak in Evazan and Ponda Baba, given their role in the Worst Among Equals arc and connection to Tam. An alternative to Tam, Ponda and Evazan could easily be Magna Tolvan in her Imperial Uniform and a Stormtrooper.

Carrion Spike (Poe Dameron)

Build: The Carrion Spike, a First Order Speeder Bike.

Minifigs: Agent Terex, First Order Officer, , 2 First Order Stormtroopers, Poe Dameron (TFA Jacket), C3PO (TFA version, but without arm printing and the aditional leg printing to maintain the polybag's value)

Imperialis (Lando 2015)

Build: The Imperialis.

Minifigs: Lando (Like his Cloud City fig, but in the colours from the comic), Lobot, 2 Imperial Royal Guards, and either Channath Cha or Korin Pers to fill out the numbers.

Vader's Naboo Royal Starship (Darth Vader 2017)

Build: The Naboo Royal Starship, some Mustafar Terrain or maybe a scaled-down Lava Flee

Minifigs: Darth Vader, 2 Imperial Officers, Mustafaran, Lord Momin.

Shadow Wing TIE Interceptor (TIE Fighter and technically Alphabet Squadron)

Build: A TIE Interceptor, and maybe a little docking area

Minifigs: Really, any 2 of the pilots of the 204th in the comics could fit with both a Pilot helmet and a hair piece for them, just like how recent X Wings have included 2 pilots. Since she pops up in an issue maybe throw in Yrica Quell in her Imperial Uniform. Soran Kieze. Imperial Technician.

Edited by AManofNoConsequence

So uh... that V19 Torrent from ages ago isn’t happening anymore is it?

Edited by Bartybum