Mister Phes

Which Official Pirate LEGO Sets Do You Have?

Now that I've put my hand on a 1795, I can say it : I have them all! :pir-sweet:

Now it's time to build'em!

At the moment I have:

1481 Pirates Desert Island

1733 Shipwrecked Pirate

1872 Soldiers Forge

1970 Pirates Gun Cart

6232 Skeleton Crew

6234 Renegade’s Raft

6235 Buried Treasure

6236 King Kahuka

6237 Pirates Plunder

6239 Cannon Battle

6240 Kraken Attack

6241 Loot Island

6242 Soldiers Fort

6243 Brickbeard’s Bounty

6244 Armada Sentry

6245 Harbour Sentry

6246 Crocodile Cage

6247 Bounty Boat

6248 Volcano Island

6251 Pirate Mini Figures

6252 Sea Mates

6253 Shipwreck Hideout

6254 Rocky Reef

6255 Pirate Comic

6256 Islander Catamaran

6257 Castaways Raft

6260 Shipwreck Island

6263 Imperial Outpost

6265 Sabre Island

6266 Cannon Cove

6268 Renegade Runner

6274 Caribbean Clipper

6276 Eldorado Fortress

6278 Enchanted Island

6279 Skull Island

6280 Armada Flagship

6286 Skull’s Eye Schooner

6290 Red Beard Runner

6296 Shipwreck Island

6299 Pirates Advent Calendar

8396 Soldier’s Arsenal

8397 Pirate Survival

10210 Imperial Flagship

And the Pirates Brickmaster book

Some of the smaller sets have been built out of pieces I had laying around.

Oh year, I also have 7290 Captain Kragg in a Barrel which I got by accident.

Edited by Runamuck

I am the proud owner of the Carribean Clipper (modified by me) and the old Imperial Flagship and the 2009 Cannon battle and both the 2009 impulses. My meagre collection cannot rival any of yours though!

P.S. I also have a collecton of Islanders though. :pir-sweet:

6244 Armada Sentry

1795 Imperial Cannon

1872 Soldiers Forge

6247 Bounty Boat

6263 Imperial Outpost x2

6266 Cannon Cove

6271 Imperial Flagship

6277 Imperial Trading Post x2

6245 Harbor Sentry

6259 Broadsides Brig

6265 Sabre Island

6274 Carribean Clipper x3

6236 King Kahuka

6246 Crocodile Cage

6256 Islander Catamaran

1464 Pirate Lookout

1481 Pirates Desert Island

1492 Battle Cove

1696 Pirate Lookout

1713 Shipwrecked Pirate

1729 Barnacle Bay x2

1733 Shipwrecked Pirate

1747 Treasure Surprise

1788 Treasure Chest

1802 Tidy Treasure

1871 Pirates Cannon

1873 Pirate's Treasure

1970 Pirates Gun Cart

6232 Skeleton Crew

6234 Renegade's Raft

6235 Burried Treasure

6237 Pirates Plunder

6254 Rocky Reef

6257 Castaway's Raft

6258 Smuggler's Shanty

6260 Shipwreck Island

6261 Raft Raiders

6268 Renegade Runner

6270 Forbidden Island

6285 Black Sea Baracuda x3

6289 Red Beard Runner

6296 Shipwreck Island

And More to come!

I Have these Pirate Sets

6251 Pirate Mini Figures

6257 Castaway's Raft

6234 Renegade's Raft

6267 Lagoon Lock-Up

6237 Pirates Plunder

6247 Bounty Boat

6258 Smuggler's Shanty

6277 Imperial Trading Post

6252 Sea Mates

6266 Cannon Cove

6268 Renegade Runner

6278 Enchanted Island

1788 Treasure Chest

6263 Imperial Outpost

6279 Skull Island

1747 Treasure Surprise

6232 Skeleton Crew

6289 Red Beard Runner

New Pirates (2009 +)

6239 Cannon Battle Review

6240 Kraken Attackin'

6242 Soldier's Fort

I've always been big into star wars lego with a minor in castle, however when the queen anne's revenge came out i thought it would be a great piece to add to my undead army so i picked it up off ebay without the figs for very cheap and planned to buy some of the zombies to crew it along with my undead soldiers.

however after building it i found that it looked so nice that it compelled me to run out and buy a small pirates set (it had jack sparrow and some of the undead guys with a few captain's cabin elements) and simply loved the way it looked. ever since then i've been jonesing to start a pirate collection.

so i figured i'd ask here first. what are some of the signature pirates sets? should i try and collect the old stuff or just start with PotC and go from there? is the imperial flagship as good as it looks?

Welcome to the Pirates Forum :pir-classic: You can't go wrong with the imperial flagship! There are also many examples of great sip MOC's around here if you are interested in building your own.

Well, the new IFS is a great set ofcourse, and its great for getting pieces. However the bow is very weak and its also expensive set. So if you can get it, get it! For singature sets, i can tell much anything. And start whit the POTC first, ad try to get the old sets at last.

Captain Becker

thanks for the replies. i think i'm just going to stick to PotC for now and then maybe branch out/wait for them to finish PotC and move on to more classic pirates.

Great, I just started collecting myself again. I had an old Islanders's Set (Enchanted Island 6278). Since the launch of the PotC sets I felt the urge to pick them up. Can't wait to complete my collection. Still 4 sets to go! ( Whitecap Bay, Captain's Cabin, The London Escape & The Fountain of Youth). :pir-blush:

I too recently started pirates from Star Wars, although I still build Star Wars. When I started I just bought a few smaller sets, and made brick built hulls mostly from what I had. Now after a few months I really started some bigger builds. So I might suggest start small if you plan on MOCing, or most of the bigger LEGO ships are great for display. Hope to see some builds from you soon.

Yea It sounds like your into the current sets, so the classic pirate sets might not be the best route for you yet. i definitely recommend the New Imperial Flagship, if you can afford it, I don't personally own the QAR but from the reviews and pics I've seen of it I still think I can definitively say the IFS is still WAY better. It'd also be pretty cool to stange an imperial soldier fight against an undead ship.

If not then you're probably spot on, on trying out PotC first, then maybe branching out to classic sets.

You could try collecting the older 2009 wave if you can't afford the new 10210 IFS. The older waves from 1989 and 1990s can be found on ebay. If you are into ships you can look for classic ships like the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and the 6286 Skull Eye Schooner. Both are excellent ships. The 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty is not a bad set either. It is still available in many stores at a reasonable price.

If you want to collect more sets from the POTC line, you could wait till November when the Black Pearl comes out.

It all comes down to whether you prefer Classic Pirates or the POTC line.

^ Good point, I completely forgot about the newer pirate stuff other than the New IFS.

6242 Soldier's Fort would be another example of a good set from that line.

If you want to start a POTC collection then I would say to buy Isla de la Muerta or the Fountain of Youth, they are great intro sets and come with a lot of stuff to get you into it :pir_laugh2:

I forgot one thing, cannons. POTC sets usually do not contain any cannons (with the exception of QAR and Black Pearl) whereas most Classic Pirate sets from the 2009 wave have a cannon. If you like firing cannons you might want to consider the Classic Pirates theme. Of course, you could always find some inexpensive firing cannons on Bricklink.

Another small issue is that most rowing boats from the 2009 line are dark blue. Boats from the POTC come in different colours. The Isla De Muerta set comes with a brown boat while the Whitecap Bay comes with two black boats. In my opinion, blue is a refreshing change from the old brown boats.

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

I dont' know what your future plans are, but for example buying 5 or even ten of sets 6239. It's not that expencive and you get a cannon in each. Also the golden piece and green plants are nice details if you intend any mocking. The red coats can also be used in POTC dioramas all you need are some fleshy heads or not even that if you're not picky. As said tt all depends what you want to do with your LEGO - play with them, do some MOCing or just put the together and disply them ...

I think you should buy some redcoats or bluecoats off Ebay. You can build ships or forts yourself but if you want to start with a few good ships the Blacks Seas Barracuda and the 2009 Imperial Flagship is a great way to go.

There are some fantastic MOC's you can find of ships and things, all you need is the prefab ship hulls, a ship's wheel and sails and rigging, then you could create a ship. Just buy the necessary parts from Ebay or Bricklink.

:jollyroger:

Hello all,

First topic here and I'm pirates obsessed. Just wanted to post what I've got and what you think I could really benefit from getting. I've been toying with the idea of a big setup, half table city, half table or more pirates, with a big mountain in the middle splitting them. Goal is to make the kids and nieces brains melt when they see it when they're older.

So here's what I've got:

x2 black seas barracudas

x2 carribean clippers

Imperial Flagship 10210

Red Beard Runner 6289

Skull's Eye Schooner 6286

Brickbeard's Bounty 6243

Metal Beard's Sea Cow

Queen Anne's Revenge

Black Pearl

various other sails/hulls - about x12 ships worth, but nothing specific.

Here's my Lego closet, wish it was a room in itself so I could set this stuff up!

http://i.imgur.com/mUVIkT1.jpg

Edited by ultimate

Whew, you definitely have a nice fleet, for a setup I suggest you build a port to accomodate your ships pirate_classic.gif .

Do you build own creations?