For the dutch: toys r us has 15% off of lego until 5th of august.

42043 will be € 169,99.

Just grabbed it ! Thx!

Just regstered here.

As a child, I had little toys, and little Lego. I made houses with nice blue roofs, and trucks. But I was lacking wheels to build my dream. Never had Technic.

About 15 years ago, I went to a toy shop to buy something for my daughter. I see the Lego set 4100, and could not resist. But I was lacking wheels for my project. So I bought another 4100. But till today ... unopened.

3 weeks ago, by coincidence I see some news about Lego and the 42043. I told myself : I want this. Every day since, I try to find this one for a bargain. I hope to receive it next Monday.

And hope I can manage to assemble this huge truck.

Thx again.

Thanks for the images and the comparison! The only thing I don't like about the look of 42043 is that I think there is far too much space between the front tires and the fenders. It looks like a lifted off-road truck. 8258 looks much more scale appropriate. Has anyone tried the soft shocks in the front instead of the yellow hard shocks?

Well, the Arocs is an off-road truck. The 8258 is much better looking IMO, I love how clean the cab is on that set.

42043 Needs bigger tires, off road trucks have bigger tires than road going trucks, I think about 15% bigger and most of the time wider to.

At least in the front, dumptrucks have narrow tires in the back, most of the time narrower than road going trucks.

Thanks for the images and the comparison! The only thing I don't like about the look of 42043 is that I think there is far too much space between the front tires and the fenders. It looks like a lifted off-road truck. 8258 looks much more scale appropriate. Has anyone tried the soft shocks in the front instead of the yellow hard shocks?

The gap between the tires and the fenders is not so big when you see the model in front of you. I think they used hard shocks because the front is VERY heavy and less stiff shocks would bend under the weight.

Another error is that the tipping bed won't touch the frame of the truck because of the yellow stoppers that are placed on the rear fenders. I had to get them so the LA could retract till the end.

In the past, LEGO has often failed to release the B-model instructions on time and it has been weeks or even months later when they become available. More recently, they have been doing a better job. I am hopeful the instructions will be available Saturday.

Wow.... in seeing the Arocs and 8258 side by side it is amazing the difference in part count. The 8258 almost looks BIGGER than the Arocs and has many many fewer elements......But I agree with others.... the 8258 is better looking.

In the past, LEGO has often failed to release the B-model instructions on time and it has been weeks or even months later when they become available. More recently, they have been doing a better job. I am hopeful the instructions will be available Saturday.

once i get my hands on a copy of the set, i think im going to try the softer shocks on the front axles, the model might squat a little bit more, but i think it will allow more flexible travel in the front axles.

I don't agree with you dafgek81. The Arocs is not an off road truck. The Actros is the pretty one for the road, the Arocs is more like heavy duty. This is an 8x4 so i will drive more if the time on the road or at a buildingsite. It is produced for concrete mixers and other building trucks but not for off road. Then you havevto buy the Arocs 8x8. An other good e ample is the Arocs SLT and the Actros SLT, both are for use on the road. The Arocs SLT is the one I want to build. I started yesterday with the build off the Arocs 3245 just after it was delivered.

I've got 2 8110 Unimog U400s waiting for the 42043 Aroc 3245. Wouldn't it be a fun thing if someone who still has the Unimog built make a comparison of the 2nd Lego Mercedes-Benz partnership?

Here you go, sorry for the pics quality.

20164675485_51b359f15e_c.jpg

20170249971_f272fa141f_c.jpg

Started building last evening and really enjoying it. Thought that I was unlucky missing a part in the first set of bags but turned out that I made a tiny mistake... I really like the adjustments that they've made to the cilinders and switches. It's so much easier to connect the hoses now.

Well, i got all three sets yesterday! Will start building it this weekend. Pre-ordered all three for 292 Euro including shipping.

Another error is that the tipping bed won't touch the frame of the truck because of the yellow stoppers that are placed on the rear fenders. I had to get them so the LA could retract till the end.

Any you attached them incorrectly? I don't recal having problems with it.

I think so, they look in the right position. I will check with the building instructions as soon as I will have the time.

Well I am a truckdriver, so I know trucks.

This truck had tires that are a little bit to small.

And not all trucks used in construction and go off road or on bad roads are all wheel drive.

I've been in many construction sites that where off road and the 6x4 did well, only the baddest places can be accessed by 6x6 or 8x8 trucks.

But trucks used in construction like this one, should have higher and wider tires.

I think so, they look in the right position. I will check with the building instructions as soon as I will have the time.

The BI are not very clear (imho) on how to position them. There are several possibilities.

20170249971_f272fa141f_c.jpg

Looks like the rear wheels are sticking out of the bodywork considerably, is this as the TLG designers intended?

Doing some quick browsing online it is apparent that many think that the Arocs has off-road capabilities (including the folks at MB themselves). Also, it has a pretty advanced suspension for a non off -road tuck.

I also hear a lot of complaints about the space between the front wheels and wheel wells. And I hear those complaints, I get when everyone is talking about. However, to be fair, looking at the pic of the real truck printed on the box and pics, it looks like the gap at least mimics the real truck. It ain't pretty, but it at least looks like it resembles the real-life truck.

Edited by nerdsforprez

Doing some quick browsing online it is apparent that many think that the Arocs has off-road capabilities (including the folks at MB themselves). Also, it has a pretty advanced suspension for a non off -road tuck.

They are even posting off-road images on their own website. Okay, the first one doesn't really count :laugh:

958116_1838655_799_533_Mercedes_Benz_Arocs_.jpg

mercedes-benz-arocs-13C49_11.jpg

However, to be fair, looking at the pic of the real truck printed on the box and pics, it looks like the gap at least mimics the real truck. It ain't pretty, but it at least looks like it resembles the real-life truck.

Exactly. The second arch could have been less high though.

The BI are not very clear (imho) on how to position them. There are several possibilities.

Yea, you might be right, maybe I positioned them wrong. Until I have time to see what and how I put those stoppers in the tipper. :laugh:

First personal consideration about the Arocs:

Looks wonderful and I'm love with it, specially because I love pneumatics anyway!

BUT: the crane looks out of scale compared with the truck...nontheless it's fascinating and again i love the new pneumatics! I've already designed 3 different swing arm cranes for the arcos and when folded they are smaller (proportionated to the truck and size of the cylinders), when deployed they are twice longer than the Arocs one!

Soon to show you guys!!!

BUT: the crane looks out of scale compared with the truck...nontheless it's fascinating and again i love the new pneumatics! I've already designed 3 different swing arm cranes for the arcos and when folded they are smaller (proportionated to the truck and size of the cylinders), when deployed they are twice longer than the Arocs one!

Soon to show you guys!!!

can't wayt to see them

I would like to see a foldeble crane that folds with the attachment still on it.

I would like to see a foldeble crane that folds with the attachment still on it.

I have done 3 of them already! Soon to be presented!

I've already designed 3 different swing arm cranes for the arcos and when folded they are smaller (proportionated to the truck and size of the cylinders), when deployed they are twice longer than the Arocs one!

Soon to show you guys!!!

I read about it for the third time! Come out with it !!! :D

And you know what?! I'll buy Arocs although I'm not fan of pneumatics and make the arm 3x longer from the new red racks... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Picked up my copy and started building last night. I was so excited about the pneumatics that I started with the crane. The first thing I noticed is an error in the instructions. Step 3 of the crane instructions is missing. It goes straight from Step 2 to Step 4. Luckily, it is easy to figure out what was missed.

I really enjoyed building the crane. Like allanp, I shortened some of the blue tubes so they fit better. I really like how well guided all the hoses are.