I'd wait until its in the shops in August. I won't be buying the set, maybe christmas, but I'm hoping to get my hands on some of those longer pneumatics from customer service.

H

Just reserved this set at a local toy shop for € 159,95 (special pre-order price) I can pick it up next thursday, July 31st.

Ok, got mine yesterday. I love new pneumatic cylinders, and how whole set is designed.

Ah, august 1st cannot come any sooner.

I want remake the cab in red/black. I think it'd look really nice.

Ah, august 1st cannot come any sooner.

I want remake the cab in red/black. I think it'd look really nice.

Like Mammoet style?

Like Mammoet style?

Exactly, except for the white and red front bumper. Black cab with a red stripe running through it, DBG front bumper, windshield frame and front grill.

Exactly, except for the white and red front bumper. Black cab with a red stripe running through it, DBG front bumper, windshield frame and front grill.

Anything like this but with inverted colour? But without the dump bed :wink:

800x533.jpg

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

I have seen them for sale but I dont trust the website, it looks like a legitimate website but you never know these days, so Im just gonna wait till august and get it from argos/fenwicks/the lego shop rather than taking a risk just to get it slightly earlier. it looks too good to be true especically with FREE UK Delivery and at a low cost.

Websites:

http://www.thehut.co...ppingcountry=US

http://www.zavvi.com...ppingcountry=US

I think maybe the two websites are really just from the same company.

Available in the shops already (TRU and Argos) :classic:

Anything like this but with inverted colour? But without the dump bed :wink:

800x533.jpg

Wow! This red looks very very nice! Like it!

Max...

Well lads, despite it not being on the website, I just got back from Argos with a 42043! Yup, I was gonna try to wait till Christmas. I couldn't even wait for the official release date! :laugh:

Good to see the set is showing up and people starting to buy it! Anyone bought more than one yet? :grin:

Looking forward to seeing the new parts used in MOCs, shouldn't be too long now!

I still have to accumulate some more money before buying one :blush:

They only had one in stock. The new cylinders look great. the ports make it easier to attach the hose but also for the hose to pop off under high pressure, but the hose the set comes with also looks different, with a larger outer diameter giving a thicker wall thickness. this seems to keep the hoses on well enough and may also help prevent air bleeding out the system.

Edited by allanp

How???

From stational store. Bought for 825 PLN, which is, hmm, 200 EUR.

I have almost finished building it, only few parts on the dump bed are missing.

Only thing that concerns me are pneumatic tubes. They smell. Like chemical spray used in agriculture.

From stational store. Bought for 825 PLN, which is, hmm, 200 EUR.

I have almost finished building it, only few parts on the dump bed are missing.

Only thing that concerns me are pneumatic tubes. They smell. Like chemical spray used in agriculture.

Where exactly have You bought it in Poland?

Seen it today in my country too, but the price was about 220 euro. I will get it shortly, maybe the price will drop just a bit.

Well lads, despite it not being on the website, I just got back from Argos with a 42043!

Allanp that's a good news for us in UK but how much have you paid it? I have £70 discount at the official lego shop, also Smithtoys does offer discount few weeks after the official release anyway!

Where exactly have You bought it in Poland?

In Wrocław. My friend works in shop that sells and lends LEGO sets and gave me info about delivery of new sets.

Edited by M_longer

Allanp that's a good news for us in UK but how much have you paid it? I have £70 discount at the official lego shop, also Smithtoys does offer discount few weeks after the official release anyway!

£170, and don't regret it, it's worth every penny. Haven't got through bags 1 and I'm already impressed. The engine is geared up 3:1 after the diffs so it's nice and fast, the steering works great and it's solid as any studded build so far.

£170, and don't regret it, it's worth every penny. Haven't got through bags 1 and I'm already impressed. The engine is geared up 3:1 after the diffs so it's nice and fast, the steering works great and it's solid as any studded build so far.

Oh please stop telling me......I'm even more excited!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Anyway I'll pop in at the shop in Milton Keynes saturday 1st........mine will cost only £99 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Heard about some non-Lego stores having this on sale prior to Aug 1st. Walked into the TRU in Times Square, and they didn't have among their main display. However, as I was about to leave, I spied the back of the box behind the cash register, and thought, could it be? Well yes, it was, and i gleefully purchased it. Now I just need to find the time to build it. Lucky me.

Well lads, despite it not being on the website, I just got back from Argos with a 42043! Yup, I was gonna try to wait till Christmas. I couldn't even wait for the official release date! :laugh:

That's great news. Argos website is usually out of date anyway. I find it bizarre though, that its in the shops before the release date.

Note to self: Take a walk to the shops.

Enjoy it.

H

Ah ya beat me. to it

Time ro run to argos now!

Thanks for the info

You'll probably beat me to finish it. I'm gonna take my time a savour this build :grin: . Those legend like 8880 and 8868 will always be great, but looking at it objectively and without nostalgia, the Arocs is the best thing ever released by Lego in my opinion, better than the unimog, better than 8868, the best of all time.