Can't wait for this one. Also can't wait to see what people do with those lovely lovely cylinders :wub: :wub: .

Agreed and agreed. Perhaps can't wait mostly though to see what Alex @ LPEpower will do with them. I can see some nifty LPEs created out of the new cylinders.....

Well, I can't speak for him but I would think that he wouldn't be using these very much for LPE engines. He doesn't use all of the stroke of the current cylinder which gives him more speed but less torque, which is good because most pneumatic engines have an abundance of torque but very little speed. Having said that, a large scale beam engine would be pretty sweet. They don't go very fast and you could use the full stroke.

Edited by allanp

Agreed.... not saying he would use his current design... or the one that I posted.... just I think that he could really do something great with the new cylinders. Will be fun to wait and see....

Can't wait for this one. Also can't wait to see what people do with those lovely lovely cylinders :wub: :wub: .

Already building somethin!! And once the cylinders will be aveilable I'll just fit them into the model!!

you gonna share what it is???

Yes of course..but i need a bit more time to complete the LDD model first....I think people will like it a lot!! :blush: :blush:

You mean like this? :wub:

u24374x284z2f494t2b4t2u2d4n2f4n4m5s2c4u254r21334x2.jpg

Sadly not the return of being able to see the parts under the lid I don't think. The large flagship Technic sets have always retained the lift up lid for more pictures (except for years 2003 and 2004) however the last set which allowed you to see the parts under the lid was the Silver champion if I remember correctly, and that was only partial.

9183140270_099b99d039_b.jpg

Edited by allanp

I'm working on a road grader that will use the longer pneumatic cylinders, including the 1x11 cylinder. If that works well, I may get back to my forwarder project. I'm planning a super-B truck with pneumatic side dump trailers, and I'm also working on a F4U Corsair, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to use pneumatics.

so, any guesses on the Bricklink opening price for cylinders once the set is released? :sceptic:

42043.jpg

August is no longer so far away! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hoping it will not come out in November. :sceptic:

Edited by MrTekneex

Never cylinders are great but how good will they perform. We really need more precise valves too are these updated?

Yeah, but if I can use those 1x1/11 cylinders in a smaller-scale MOC (minimum 4-wide microscale), that'd be great.

It seems that the valves stayed the same. The small cylinder is there too, unchanged I guess.

It seems that the valves stayed the same. The small cylinder is there too, unchanged I guess.

On the box, the picture of the small cylinder seems a bit different from the current ones. All the cylinders seem to have a slightly different/longer "head" than the current ones? :look:

sorry guys, a quick confirmation: the Arocs width it's 17 studs, right? The same as the 8258 right?

A quick stud count confirms that you are right, at least the cabin seems to be (one 3x11 panel flanked by a couple of #3 and #4 panels)

Edited by D3K

I am so happy to see on the box a V2 pneumatic system label. If TLG went to the trouble to create the new molds for this new system then we can expect more and more models with pneumatics in them. I know for a while there was some speculation that pneumatics might be going away in LEGO models..... I was so sad. I was thinking of stock-piling these elements. Happily, this is not the case. I love the MB AROCS but I am also excited to see what TLG has in store in the future with these new pneumatics.....

The front suspension is very simple. It's the steering that I have not figured out just yet. If you look through the images you can work out the suspension.

H