Hi.

Welcome to EB.

I don't understand what you mean.

Please try to make understandable English sentences. And avoid capitals. Thanks.

I don't understand what you mean.

He says that pneumatic cylinder does not lift upper section of crane arm in his set. He also says that when cylinder is not connected to arm it works smoothly.

Just finished mine and to be honest I am not impressed. the model itself is good , but the pneumatic system is the letdown as it seen to be under powered

I think it needs a second compressor and or air tank and the general layout of the air tubing and vales needs a rethink as it is very cramped.

Can someone please help?, I am 3/4 the way through building my Arocs and when I went to test the crane it goes to the left fine then back to the center but when it goes to the right it gets to about half way then stops then struggles to get the rest of the way. I took my time doing the gearbox making sure everything was in the right place and the outriggers and pump work fine. Do you think it is the hoses underneath, I did struggle a little bit with the hose placement underneath and placing the crane on the truck?.

For anyone having problems please have a look at this post I made a while back, maybe it will help :classic:

Just finished it and I love it even more! The crane is way more impressive than I thought it would be. But nothing can be perfect, that's impossible so here's a couple things worth noting for any of you who are going to build this milestone of awesomeness!

I found some of the blue hoses that supply the valves to be too long which when installed as shown in the instructions, there was a chance of kinking and preventing it from working, so I cut them a little shorter. Cut hoses at your own risk.

20150724_113143.jpg20150724_113205.jpg

This shows what was removed from the hoses, not the hoses final length.

20150724_113347.jpg

20150724_115650.jpg

The end result is nice and tidy and with no chance of kinks. Pneumatics work perfectly!

20150724_170101.jpg

But there are some things to be mindful of when routeing hoses. After a test fit I found there is a gear that fits right here when installed onto the model:

20150724_115750.jpg

So be careful when shoving hoses through the base that no hoses end up here.....

20150724_121025.jpg

....otherwise it will rub against the gear and potentially stop it turning, which would prevent the arm from slewing left or right. There is a lot of hoses to pack into a tiny space, it's definitely the most packed part of the model. All of the hoses shown here (which in the picture I've already shoved up inside the turntable).....

20150724_122234.jpg

Have to fit into this tiny space here, without rubbing against any moving parts like gears.

20150724_122247.jpg

Hopefully this will help somebody :classic:

Edited by allanp

I found some of the blue hoses that supply the valves to be too long which when installed as shown in the instructions, there was a chance of kinking and preventing it from working, so I cut them a little shorter. Cut hoses at your own risk.

20150724_113347.jpg

The small piece looks way too short here. In the other pictures it looks longer; as shown here I don't think it can fit the two T-pieces...

Not to brag, but I didn't have any problems with the pneumatic tubing. I routed them as shown in the instructions: carefully and one-by-one, checking after each one that everything was still working smoothly. Patience goes a long way in this case :classic:

JUŻ. O. TO. PYTAŁEŚ.

Actually, check all hoses, maybe one of them is squished somewhere and air does not flow properly?

W sumie to sprawdź czy któryś wężyk nie jest zagięty lub ściśnięty, bo to może być powodem.

Hi all,

I received this set for christmas and what can I say, it is fantastic :classic:

Not built any lego in 30 years, this was a great set to get back into lego. I really enjoyed the build, managed it in 10 hours, really enjoyed building it. Only had one minor small issue with the crane not turning around, easily fixed when i saw one of hoses was against the cog. now trying to show my 4 year old daughter to gently use the pneumatics, easier said than done ha ha.

Its good to see how much lego has changed from when i was younger.

i have searched on here and seen loads of videos on how to upgrade and add PF servo and motor to make it RC, but not seen any actual instructions. Could anyone point me in the right direction on here to find some.

I am looking forward to modding this, good introduction back into lego after long time in dark :laugh:

Many thanks,

Edited by dalswede

Haven't got this one yet, but built the 42030 Volvo today, and this is next (as soon as I find a £good deal :classic:).

For the Volvo, there was pretty much nothing I'd have changed, it's an outstanding flagship. The Arocs looks the same, or even better.

So how could Lego have made the Arocs any better? The game has been raised continuously for flagships, but most have had flaws along the way (won't mention which because it raises heckles with those who love a specific set). So I'm wondering what's left to add? Question is specific to the Arocs btw, I don't want to derail the thread with wish-lists about supercars or whatever (please!) :classic:

Game raisers

• Sophisticated, non-lame, interesting implementation of full suspension
  • New pneumatic pumps
  • New interesting parts, handy for mocs (strong turntable, outrigger frame, new bucket)
  • Dual diff
  • Finally a large-scale Technic dump truck with fully enclosed bed and strong enough to tip its load

Not new, but flagship-worthy

• Dual rear wheels
  • Myriad functions packed into one chassis: fully working crane, outriggers, (strong) tipping bed, tilt cab, opening doors, full suspension, inline 6 engine, steering, compressor

Places left to raise the game?

• Full remote PF (drive + steer)? At this scale? Not happening.
  • Gearbox in the transmission? Not happening, also not very interesting play function, realism for realism's sake imho.
  • Working brakes (rather than wheel chocks :grin:)?
  • Air tank? I'm on the fence about air tank and compressor, I'd rather have a manual pump when using an air tank. :classic:
  • Fully rigged with lights, out of the box?
  • Leaf-spring or fake-airbag parts, rather than coil springs?
  • Compact locking diff? Can't see Lego producing such a dedicated part, nor it being both compact and strong (for PF driven vehicles).
  • Better performance on the pneumatics?

Yair, this is a bit of an armchair expert post, but eh. Thoughts? :classic:

The small piece looks way too short here. In the other pictures it looks longer; as shown here I don't think it can fit the two T-pieces...

Not to brag, but I didn't have any problems with the pneumatic tubing. I routed them as shown in the instructions: carefully and one-by-one, checking after each one that everything was still working smoothly. Patience goes a long way in this case :classic:

That's what was removed from the hoses, not the hoses final length. I have edited my original post.

Can someone please help?, I am 3/4 the way through building my Arocs and when I went to test the crane it goes to the left fine then back to the center but when it goes to the right it gets to about half way then stops then struggles to get the rest of the way. I took my time doing the gearbox making sure everything was in the right place and the outriggers and pump work fine. Do you think it is the hoses underneath, I did struggle a little bit with the hose placement underneath and placing the crane on the truck?.

I had a similar problem and I solved it lubricating the turntable with some silicone lubricant. :classic:

I warmly welcome all Lego fans !
At the beginning I am closing some earlier speculations with this compilation :

2018-03-05_edited1.jpg.af2cfab720464fa9ba90b52071bb2be7.jpg

I think that effectively ... :sweet:

Edited by waldi

@waldi welcome to Eurobricks. We all have to accept that LEGO forces us to make compromises...so yes there are Arocs with less powerful engines that have 3 horizontal grill sections and very large suspension traveling (it looks bigger with 385/65R22.5 tires becaue they have 1066mm overall diameter)

Hi 42043 lovers,

In 2015 I started the build.  I made the sections from the bags 1 + 2 + 6.  Today  I wanted to continue.  So I opened all the bags numbered 3 and kept them all together in 1 large box.  

After one and half hour ... missing this 9 rod from page 180.

I checked my left over parts of bags 1 + 2 + 6, and checked the unopened bags 4 and 5.  Can’t find the rod, not even in another colour.

Any suggestions ?   Did I do something wrong ?

B33CFDC6-6847-455B-A5A8-1306CC1B8088.jpeg

Order one at lego.com at the missing parts dept.

lego is more and more making mistakes
the rollercoaster here missed 4 pieces
my crane 42082 has the sad new record of 15 (yes fifteen) missing pieces.
I also heard people about complete missing bags and lego not believing them

Usually missing parts are lying on the floor, in nooks and crannies, or in de the baggies themselves.

In over 40 years of building I only once had 2 missing pieces. I re-ordered them and two weeks later i found them in the instructionmanual...

So keep looking!

yes that would be the case when it's a round tile 1x1
it maybe in the polybag or else the vacuüm cleaner will "find" it sooner or later

but my 42082 was missing 4 liftarms 1x11.5 double bent???

Edited by coinoperator