I hope if they start out with the CBBS they add more Technic pins and the like down the line.

Same here, it would be nice if they could fit in more pinholes in the bone-pieces.

Warning. The following post contains lunatic rants and absurd, messed up ideas that seriously threaten what you know and love about BIONICLE canon. Please read at your own risk.

Man, I looked it up on BS01 and I forgot just how messed up the whole Earth vs Stone/Rock vs Sand ordeal was. I get what they did in 2009 but IMO Lewa has to stay as the Toa of Air, and the same goes for the Air element in general. It's a unique element that can't be confused for anything else, compared to how similar to eachother the 3 elements I mentioned are (hint: way too much).

Sure, the desert area is fascinating (Po-Wahi was, at least), but I feel Pohatu is the one who should change, not Lewa. I know it sounds like heresy buut- am I the only one who is actually thinking of changing their mind-canon so that Pohatu is the Toa of...the Green/Flora/Plants? I know I know, it sounds absurd, but aren't trees brown? I feel it could work. :look:

Oh God I remember how confusing that was, especially in the Voya Nui games where they mixed up Earth and Stone. I'm all for changing that. Not sure if Pohatu should the the Green, but I think Earth and Rock should be swapped around.

IMO, Pohatu could work as a Toa of Air- his mask is related to speed, which can be something associated with air and wind. The area he's in, the desert, can be seen as nothing but dust and air- in sense, his native element. A bit of a stretch, but it could just work.

How about metal? Onua could be metal, I guess. Or Iron, if we want to use original-story elements.

Personally, though, I don't have a problem with Earth and Stone. Earth is dirt, and Stone is rocks.

I don't know why people still think this is a reboot. The inclusion of the Defenders, the golden armour, Skull Spider and the jungle backgrounds heavily implies that this is a continuation (though one that is set in the future of the story to separate it from the serials).

I have no idea how any of those things imply a continuation, yet other aspects of the leaks do imply a reboot, such as Lewa's element being Jungle rather than Air

If we're doing headcanon element-swaps to distinguish Po from Onu etc., I'd say Lewa stays air, Pohatu stays stone, and Onua's earth includes plantlife instead of just soil

Edited by Chro

I don't know why people still think this is a reboot. The inclusion of the Defenders, the golden armour, Skull Spider and the jungle backgrounds heavily implies that this is a continuation (though one that is set in the future of the story to separate it from the serials).

The Defenders are an unknown factor right now. They could be Matoran, they could be something else. They don't imply either way. But the imagery from everything else? No Nuva names. Redesigned versions of the original masks, with gold versions to collect in what looks like a mask hunt? The original six Toa on elemental backgrounds? Tahu lava-surfing? Not to mention several of them don't have golden armour at all... I am 100 percent certain we are looking at a hard reboot set on a new continuity's Mata-Nui island (or another island in that same role, but in a new continuity nonetheless).

Plus the fact that -if I know something about toy business- that it's lot harder to sell something to kids between 6-11 if it has a very complex story published 14-3 years ago than start everything fresh, as Gregory F noted on LEGO message boards some time ago.

I have no idea how any of those things imply a continuation, yet other aspects of the leaks do imply a reboot, such as Lewa's element being Jungle rather than Air

If we're doing headcanon element-swaps to distinguish Po from Onu etc., I'd say Lewa stays air, Pohatu stays stone, and Onua's earth includes plantlife instead of just soil

Lewa's always been a Toa of "Jungle" in Russia, and the translated list was in Russian, you know...

The air element in Bionicle has always been jungle in Russian?

Anyway, we can see what appears to be the word "jungle" in the bottom right of Lewa's box

Edited by Chro

The Defenders are an unknown factor right now. They could be Matoran, they could be something else. They don't imply either way. But the imagery from everything else? No Nuva names. Redesigned versions of the original masks, with gold versions to collect in what looks like a mask hunt? The original six Toa on elemental backgrounds? Tahu lava-surfing? Not to mention several of them don't have golden armour at all... I am 100 percent certain we are looking at a hard reboot set on a new continuity's Mata-Nui island (or another island in that same role, but in a new continuity nonetheless).

While I think that a reboot of continuity is objectively feasible, I'm far less certain about its subjective feasibility. The Big Story-Engine has been revealed, and I'm not sure that LEGO would want to do another "Save Mata Nui!" storyline. Since they could not effectively maintain the surprise of Mata Nui's nature, they would be forced to make his nature clear from the start. I'm not certain how well that work. I don't see why it would be so difficult for them to do a thematic reboot. Surely the story could be within the original continuity without requiring knowledge of Bionicle's original run to be understod?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

The air element in Bionicle has always been jungle in Russian?

Anyway, we can see on the box what appears to be the word "jungle" in the bottom right of Lewa's box

Looks like it says "Wind" to me...

On the Defender's, anyway. Can't make out what it says on Lewa's box.

Edited by Kalhiki

Lewa's always been a Toa of "Jungle" in Russia, and the translated list was in Russian, you know...

Thought so. This probably means all other elements are left untouched as well.

As for the bag (assuming these are bags), I can't see how you make jungle nor air out of the text under Lewa. There isn't anything looking like a word "jungle" on the "jungle defender" either. "Earth" and "stone" however do appear to be readabale from the "defenders". I hope the catalogues are in English when they leak, which is very unlikely but at least we wouldn't have to deal with these translating errors.

Edit: Now you mentioned it Kalhiki, it looks like "Wind".

Edited by GK733

While I think that a reboot of continuity is objectively feasible, I'm far less certain about its subjective feasibility. The Big Story-Engine has been revealed, and I'm not sure that LEGO would want to do another "Save Mata Nui!" storyline. Since they could not effectively maintain the surprise of Mata Nui's nature, they would be forced to make his nature clear from the start. I'm not certain how well that work. I don't see why it would be so difficult for them to do a thematic reboot. Surely the story could be within the original continuity without requiring knowledge of Bionicle's original run to be understod?

When people say "reboot", I'm not sure why they imply that means Mata Nui is back as well. The only connection we have to the previous series so far (and the only universe-centric terms) are the names; these could be the Skakdi Element Masters from the planet Voya Magna, or what have you, if those terms would even be used at all. It is thematically rebooted, obviously, in the sense that there are a lot of familiar elements in play, but all of these elements are incredibly vague and use generic words.

Yeah, I thought of that as well. In a (non-Lego) story of mine Earth includes everything that comes from the ground- soil, rock, sand, crystals, wood and plant life. So Pohatu and Onua would be one there. BTW, there are some Onu-matoran with tan (like Taipu) and some Po-Matoran with black (like Hafu). Earth and Stone have a lot of colours in common, which is quite telling.

My story also has Air being upgraded to weather manipulation (Wind+Lightning), and Water and Ice being one, but let's not go overboard. :tongue:

I think that, in the end, since Voxovan pointed out Lewa was always the Toa of Jungle in Russia, we're going to get the usual 6 elements. Won't stop me from rambling about elements and (thinking of) rearranging them, however. :tongue:

I always assumed that Earth did include control over plant matter, but then they made plant life it's own element for no apparent reason (Seriously, as an element, it's entirely superfluous: We never see a Bo-Koro, or a Bo-Matoran, nor is a Toa of that element referred to. It's just there because it's there), and it made Stone and Earth largely indistinguishable.

(Seriously, as an element, it's entirely superfluous: We never see a Bo-Koro, or a Bo-Matoran, nor is a Toa of that element referred to. It's just there because it's there)

Come on, don't you remember that one Bo-Toa that was mentioned during the Piraka's raid on the Toa Fortress that was overtaken by Frostelus? :P

(No seriously, I remember that guy)

I remember Zaktan talking about murdering a Su-Toa, but not the other guy.

He was in Chapter 1 of Legacy of Evil, I believe.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Seriously, as an element, it's entirely superfluous: We never see a Bo-Koro, or a Bo-Matoran, nor is a Toa of that element referred to. It's just there because it's there

Actually it was explained quite well by Greg that the GB didn't make Plantlife a mayor element in the Matoran Universe simply because they were inside a robot, where air was a much more common element than plants and wildlife in general.

On the topic of Earth and Stone, I always confused them when I was a kiddo, but still I find quite satisfying the explanation that dirt and rocks are different things, and therefore deserve different elements.

Guys, Im on the reboot side. Once again I have nothing to base it on. But yall blow me away with the continuation stuff.

YOU HAVE 10 YEARS WORTH OF STORY :wacko:

Why would you continue a story that ended? its 10 years! The story ended well, why do you want to go back??

Anyway, I always thought Stone and earth should be fused but then water and Ice should be fused too.

Actually, I hope they make toa of other elements. After HF, there is no excuse Toa of Iron now. Lightning, Psioncis, and Jungle should get sets since its easy to show the abilities and look.

Not sure how they would explain Gravity and Magnetism tho

Matter of fact how do you explain Plasma??

Guys, Im on the reboot side. Once again I have nothing to base it on. But yall blow me away with the continuation stuff.

Why would you continue a story that ended? its 10 years! The story ended well, why do you want to go back??

Anyway, I always thought Stone and earth should be fused but then water and Ice should be fused too.

Actually, I hope they make toa of other elements. After HF, there is no excuse Toa of Iron now. Lightning, Psioncis, and Jungle should get sets since its easy to show the abilities and look.

Ended? Not so. Greg continued the story even after the toy line ended, he just dropped them entirely with no conclusions at the behest of LEGO, leaving us with several cliffhangers. I see people complaining about how HF cliffhangers never get a follow up, and yet I'm sure some of these same people are wanting the new Bionicle story to be a reboot. Bias, anyone?

Continuation or bust. I'll buy the sets, but if the story is rebooted, I won't follow it as much as I did the original.

As used in fantasy settings, plasma is..really hot stuff, basically. It's what lightning, stars and other things (like aurora boeralis, curiously enough) are made of so to speak, so it's actually a very hax power if used correctly.

Plus white and orange! Of all the secondary elements that got their colour canonized, I think plasma got it best. The other elements used colour schemes that were done already- like gravity (black and purple, like some Onu-Matoran) or lightning (blue and white, like some Ko-Matoran)..or were downright boring, like Sonics or Magnetism.

Edited by Shakar

Ended? Not so. Greg continued the story even after the toy line ended, he just dropped them entirely with no conclusions at the behest of LEGO, leaving us with several cliffhangers. I see people complaining about how HF cliffhangers never get a follow up, and yet I'm sure some of these same people are wanting the new Bionicle story to be a reboot. Bias, anyone?

Continuation or bust. I'll buy the sets, but if the story is rebooted, I won't follow it as much as I did the original.

THe thing with complaining about HF cliffhangers is that HF is an ongoing story/toyline, or at least it was. However, the way HF does things would be like BIONICLE revealing the Bohrok at the end of the MNOG, and then doing something completely different the next year. BIONICLE's serials ended without resolution, but that was because the toyline had ended, so Greg wasn't getting paid for it anymore, and he had a load of other things to do to put bread on the table, especially since the amount of mouths he had to feed had just increased.

Interesting that you should mention that. Myself and a bunch of my IRL friends actually put together a BIONICLE-based D&D campaign. Everyone is a Toa, and upon levelling up, you can put the level into either Fighter, which increases your physical stats, or Adept, which unlocks a new Elemental ability. It's pretty tight and I've only almost died twice. One of my friends is a Toa of Gravity, and another was a Toa of Magnetism. We argued that Magnetism was a redundant element when the Toa of Gravity could do basically the same thing, but without the need to be working with metal. He said it was okay because one of us was going as a Fe-Toa, so he would use said Fe-Toa as a projectile. Needless to say, that guy chose to play a Ta-Toa instead. Also, the Magnetism guy never took any Adept levels, and most of his weapons were shurikens and throwing knives, the idea being that he manipulated them all with his powers. Which he never took a level in. And then he tried to melee a Dark Hunter that would've made General Grievous envious. With throwing knives. THis ended about as well as you'd expect, so the Gravity vs. Magnetism thing sort of resolved itself before it became an issue. The guy's new character is a Toa of Lightning, and so far, he has played her much more competantly.

Meanwhile, I took Plasma as my element. Quite a few of Adept abilities were drawn from Fire and Lightning, and I have an increased resistance to both, though I can't absorb them. My primary weapon is a Plasma blade, which essentially works like a Lightsaber (Because that's what Lightsabers are), and I recently unlocked the ability to create Toa-sized clouds of Plasma. which, being a superheated gas, has been very useful for limiting enemy movement.

Of course, that's not to say that the group has been entirely without stupidity. We've all had some pretty dumb moments, but that's getting off-topic. I'll discuss that when I get around to posting the MOC I made of my character.