Slightly off topic but there is no male-male bone (not that kind) for CCBS right?

Nope, not yet. But in the meantime it's quite easy to make your own 5M "male-male" bone though if you wanted to, just use 2 of these, 1 of these and a 5M axle. I'm willing to bet that's why we probably haven't seen a male-male bone yet.

What exactly is a "male-male" bone? I'm intrigued seeing how detailed the piece is that the person above me described. Never thought of making my own leg pieces. :P

What exactly is a "male-male" bone? I'm intrigued seeing how detailed the piece is that the person above me described. Never thought of making my own leg pieces. :P

Basically, a male-male bone would be a 5m CCBS bone with balljoints at each end (and one in the middle, of course).

A male-male bone would be defined as one which had 2 ball joint endings (not always 5M, they couuld be any length). Would be opposite of a bone with 2 ball-cup endings, sometimes referred to as a female-female bone. There's some custom male-male bones floating around actually (talking of 3D printed, CAD-built ones, not the "purist" suggestion I posted), such as the ones in this topic for instance. That's probably what they'd look like if TLG started producing them.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

@Kalhiki

@TheOneVeyronian

Thanks! So basically the way the old style of yester-five-years-ago building was, but compatible with the armor of today. Thanks for explaining, guys. :3

I really, REALLY love that idea. Especially the naming of the mountain ranges. :grin_wub:Would the other lakes have islands in their center as well?

Thanks! I imagined that they would. It would be an amazing thing to see done; Giant mega continent FTW! Who knows, maybe if Bionicle G2 does well...

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

How come nobody has really speculated on Skull Grinder being a potentially significant villain?

Edit: I'm going to add to this. Looking at the NYTF pictures of the Skull baddies boxes it's almost as if when you go through Warrior, Slicer, Scorpion, and Basher, the background images get closer to a large temple structure. Once it hits Basher he/she is guarding the stairway up the structure, where Grinder's box appears to be based in the structure. Maybe that's where Ekimu's sarcophagus is and/or Skull Grinder's throne. :3

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I'm going to add to this. Looking at the NYTF pictures of the Skull baddies boxes it's almost as if when you go through Warrior, Slicer, Scorpion, and Basher, the background images get closer to a large temple structure. Once it hits Basher he/she is guarding the stairway up the structure, where Grinder's box appears to be based in the structure. Maybe that's where Ekimu's sarcophagus is and/or Skull Grinder's throne. :3

I bet this "structure" is the Forge.

We possibly already know that where the MOCr is but what about Ekimu? I really don't think he's on the forge. The temple made from large protector masks would be my guess.

Slightly off topic but there is no male-male bone (not that kind) for CCBS right?

Closest I can think of is this, and due to the Technic connections that might not suit everyone's needs. Bones like that are fairly easy to build custom from basic Technic, though.

I just built Onua, and he is one of the best sets I've seen. Great parts, great build, great functions and, best of all, stickers that are easy to apply. I think he's almost on par with Queen Beast, my favorite constraction set of all time. Also, I can see why people have compared him to a dwarf. He's only slightly taller than my modded PoS, but he's almost four times as wide. And the hammer is a great weapon too. You can imagine him taking up a career as a smith after the series is over, replacing Ekimu. Plus, besides the advertised claw mode, which I think may look better than the hammer, you can also use the pieces as brass knuckles, which is a look that really suits him.

How come nobody has really speculated on Skull Grinder being a potentially significant villain?

Edit: I'm going to add to this. Looking at the NYTF pictures of the Skull baddies boxes it's almost as if when you go through Warrior, Slicer, Scorpion, and Basher, the background images get closer to a large temple structure. Once it hits Basher he/she is guarding the stairway up the structure, where Grinder's box appears to be based in the structure. Maybe that's where Ekimu's sarcophagus is and/or Skull Grinder's throne. :3

It's likely he's just the 'boss' of the skull villains and was given a special mission from Makuta.

So I assume that Skull Grinder is in there, but why? I'm really curious to see what his role in the story is......

You and me both. :S

I would like him to have a larger role then people believe. This isn't HF, give Skull Grinder a chance, people.

I'm really curious to see what his role in the story is......

Skull Grinder's here to grind skulls, of course!

I think he's trying to get the Mask of Creation for Makuta or something along those lines. I do hope he is a significant character. He just seems too cool.

Or maybe he won't be too significant at first, but will turn out to be a recurring character. That'd be neat.

Edited by Kalhiki

Or maybe he won't be too significant at first, but will turn out to be a recurring character. That'd be neat.

I dunno, I feel like he's gonna get smashed pretty significantly once Ekimu gets the MoCr. So probably not recurring. But significant? Hopefully. The fact that Ekimu is called "Mask Maker" in his set means that "Skull Grinder" could be a title for a more fleshed-out villain. *Crosses fingers*

I dunno, I feel like he's gonna get smashed pretty significantly once Ekimu gets the MoCr. So probably not recurring. But significant? Hopefully. The fact that Ekimu is called "Mask Maker" in his set means that "Skull Grinder" could be a title for a more fleshed-out villain. *Crosses fingers*

Heh heh. Fleshed-out. Hopefully his character won't be bare-bones! *rimshot*

Anyway, talk of Skull Grinder reminded me: anyone got any head-canon voice actors for the characters? I keep picturing Skull Grinder with John Noble's voice. Haven't given much thought to the others.

Heh heh. Fleshed-out. Hopefully his character won't be bare-bones! *rimshot*

Anyway, talk of Skull Grinder reminded me: anyone got any head-canon voice actors for the characters? I keep picturing Skull Grinder with John Noble's voice. Haven't given much thought to the others.

Haven't thought of voice actors but I figured the skull baddies would all have a sort of "metallic" tone in their voices. Not sure if that makes since, but they need to be threatening.

I think he's trying to get the Mask of Creation for Makuta or something along those lines. I do hope he is a significant character. He just seems too cool.

I doubt he'll play some massive role, but I hope he's at least given some depth. The biggest thing that made me hate HF was the fact that the villains had no characterization, and they were just described as being "evil". I'm not expecting him to have a complex back-story, but just something more than what we got for HF villains.

I imagine Chris Pratt for Lewa. Period. End of story. It is not debatable. As for the others.......Well, I haven't given thought to any of the other Toa.

I doubt he'll play some massive role, but I hope he's at least given some depth. The biggest thing that made me hate HF was the fact that the villains had no characterization, and they were just described as being "evil". I'm not expecting him to have a complex back-story, but just something more than what we got for HF villains.

Hate to nitpick, but that's not true at all. Jetbug was a giggling maniac, Fire Lord was addicted to energy, Von Nebula was a revenge-driven traitor who blamed others for the consequences of his own cowardice (and saw the worst in everybody), Splitface had a split personality (duh), Core Hunter was an unfeeling serial killer, Speeda Demon was a speed-obsessed thrill seeker, Witch Doctor was driven by jealousy, XPlode was a backstabbing, self-interested crime boss, Drilldozer was dumb muscle, Black Phantom was an ambitious, conniving chessmaster, etc. None were just "evil for evil's sake".

Jetbug was a giggling maniac,

.....How is that a legitimate character trait? Saying that he's a maniac is not a reason for being evil.

Fire Lord was addicted to energy, Von Nebula was a revenge-driven traitor who blamed others for the consequences of his own cowardice (and saw the worst in everybody),

Okay, those two had fairly decent back stories. (

Splitface had a split personality (duh), Core Hunter was an unfeeling serial killer, Speeda Demon was a speed-obsessed thrill seeker, Witch Doctor was driven by jealousy, XPlode was a backstabbing, self-interested crime boss, Drilldozer was dumb muscle,

But none of those traits had any explanation as to WHY. And really, "dumb muscle" and "speed-obsessed" are not reasons to be evil.....

Black Phantom was an ambitious, conniving chessmaster, etc.

Okay, his story was pretty decent.

In the end, though, the characters (for the most part) are pretty boring: mostly, the villains were mindless beasts, insane, or just criminals. None of them had any real significance to the story; none of them had unique histories. Of course, there are exceptions, but still.......Even when we got the Bohrok (who, arguably, did get a decent backstory) or the Rahkshi, there was still Makuta as the main villain, who was given quite an interesting history.....

I think part of the problem is that we never really got a sense of a lot of these personalities, what drives them, from their actual appearances; we were told, not shown, for the most part. It had to be inferred from the supplementary material.

BIONICLE G2 has sort of fallen in to the same routine, but part of that has to do with the oddly plotted animations; Tahu and PoF are actually a lot of fun to watch, but so far it's been only them. The website descriptions are great (and thankfully we see that come out in the character animations), but I think the books are where it'll start to shine.

Von Nebula was a revenge-driven traitor who blamed others for the consequences of his own cowardice (and saw the worst in everybody)

Ugh, I hated Von Nebula. One of the worst villains LEGO has ever had just because none of what he ever did made any sense. He runs away from a mission, Stormer saves the day, and vows vengeance on Stormer for... exactly what? Von Nebula had chosen the path of evil long before the event, he was just picking fights by the time of "Rise of the Rookies". He's fueled by petty revenge because he was a coward and abandoned his teammate and became a villain just because of that and Black Phantom's chat with him years beforehand.

edit:

Sounds strangely... medieval in some ways. I liked MoL's intro music better.

Edited by Mandate