Pretty sure some of the skullguys have it as it's most likely will be used in gold on EKimu's shoulders.

Yeah that's another reason I thought of that piece, if you decide to reuse a part might as well release it in a new colour.

Actually, he posted his information before Risgrynsgrot. At least about the tan set and the absence of dark blue (which Risgrynsgrot seems to confirm, BTW). Sure, he's intentionally vague, but it's because he saw the sets when he was invited by LEGO France at their HQ for a partnership between them and BIONIFGIS, and I hope you'll understand that it wouldn't be very smart to ruin this partnership by telling everyone details about the confidential info he saw / learnt when he was there. Also, I don't hype him as the original source of information, I'm trying to prove you that he's reliable because you keep accusing him of lying.

What information did he post, because looking around he hasnt actually posted anything concrete and once again his intentional vagueness means regardless of the outcome you could make a point to him being correct.

Also, highlighted a segment to emphasise the issue. If he is choosing to leak information, then he's already ruined that partnership. So once again, why hasnt he provided information that supports him rather than being intentionally vague. If he's intentionally vague so he can 'sometimes' leak things then that seems a little odd, as he's still breaking the confidentiallity.

Actually you accused me of lying. Then i proved he wasnt the one who got the names first.

But I never said that. I said that he provided the official french names in September while we usually get them in December / January, which makes him reliable.

The official french names being exactly the same as the English version... :L

Hello again guys! I didn't see anything about other masks/skull spiders but I think (and hope) that they will include them and that it's just some deal about preliminary images.

About the colours, these are what I think they are, I'm not 100 % certain on this (can't remember) but I'm pretty sure that Skull Warrior had a tr light blue bow and also had some tr light blue armor pieces on him I'm not sure about the body, while the Skull Slicer had some tr light green armor pieces on him and I think he had white body? The scorpion I can't say, really tough it just looked so generic that I don't even remember the colour. However the tips of its legs looked like it used pieces similar to or the same as the Skull Spiders legs.

Skull Basher was black/purple and Grinder was, as I've stated Black/Trans-red/neon-orange..

Skull Warrior sounds like Takadox... just with a bow. Could be interesting though i really dont need any more tr light blue pieces.

Skull Slicer sounds odd, rather disappointed via the colour scheme, but could be interesting

Skull Basher sounds like an evil Onua, could be good for Moc's

Skull Grinder sounds generic... but could be interesting.

Disappointed to hear about the Scorpion, expected as much. It seems like a LoSS clone.

Edited by Scarilian

I'm pretty sure he mistaked it as white so I used slighthly darker colors on the shells. If there would had been any Tr. Fluore he would had mistaked it as yellow and gave no mention about that.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. :blush:

Then i proved he wasnt the one who got the names first

I never claimed he was, though. :wink:

If he is choosing to leak information, then he's already ruined that partnership.

Well, I don't know, I'm not Lego, perhaps they won't mind if someone says that "a tan set isn't impossible", or anything that's so vague. Perhaps you should ask him directly. That way you could ask him details that only someone who saw the sets could share, if it can help.

The official french names being exactly the same as the English version... :L

Yup, true, except for LoSS, he's called Le Seigneur des Araignées (The Lord of the Spiders), and not Le Seigneur des Araignées-Crânes (which is closer to the english name).

Edited by Leewan

Just a thought... But what if these guys (including LoSS) are like an evil Toa team? We've already discussed their sizes and colour schemes, and there are some similarities with the Toa. Skull Basher is similar to Onua (because of the bulk), Skull Grinder is on par with Tahu and Kopaka, the Skull Warrior seems to be similar to the medium-sized Toa and so is the Skull Slicer. The Skull Scorpion and LoSS are the only two sets that aren't similar to a Toa.

After far to long of delaying, I finally purchased my first new bionicle set, onua. I'm in love with it. The color scheme is awesome, the hammer looks great and so do the claws and mask. I have no complaints, bionicle is truly back. Now I must have more...

Pretty sure some of the skullguys have it as it's most likely will be used in gold on EKimu's shoulders.

I'd be happy with that!

Just a thought... But what if these guys (including LoSS) are like an evil Toa team? We've already discussed their sizes and colour schemes, and there are some similarities with the Toa. Skull Basher is similar to Onua (because of the bulk), Skull Grinder is on par with Tahu and Kopaka, the Skull Warrior seems to be similar to the medium-sized Toa and so is the Skull Slicer. The Skull Scorpion and LoSS are the only two sets that aren't similar to a Toa.

I'm hoping that's not the case...in fact, I'm actually hoping that these guys aren't elementally aligned in the traditional fashion at all. Seven of the eight years of the Inside-Mata-Nui-Robot story had a villain for each of the elements, and in my mind, that got tiring. Especially when the heroes wielded the same elemental forces as they did. We can probably figure that it won't a a full group of elemental baddies (five sets instead of six), so I hope they're either mismatched (some have them and some don't) or that they don't have them at all. LoSS and the Skull Spiders don't seem to have elemental powers as it is...

I'm hoping that's not the case...in fact, I'm actually hoping that these guys aren't elementally aligned in the traditional fashion at all. Seven of the eight years of the Inside-Mata-Nui-Robot story had a villain for each of the elements, and in my mind, that got tiring. Especially when the heroes wielded the same elemental forces as they did. We can probably figure that it won't a a full group of elemental baddies (five sets instead of six), so I hope they're either mismatched (some have them and some don't) or that they don't have them at all. LoSS and the Skull Spiders don't seem to have elemental powers as it is...

I wasn't referring to elemental traits and abilities. I was thinking more about their size and general appearence.

I wasn't referring to elemental traits and abilities. I was thinking more about their size and general appearence.

This, I'm pretty sure Slicer will have it's shoulders raised up like Lewa, not because of similiraties but cause of better function, that doesn't essentially mean it's trying to copy him.

In general, having elemental powers/mask powers can be really weird if not handled correctly. For example: The Hau, mask of shielding, goes to fire characters. The Akaku, mask of X-ray vision, goes to ice powers. While it was probably really awesome for everyone that grew up with BIONICLE (aka, everyone here but me), it's frustrating for me trying to remember the names of half the masks, let alone their powers when they're ridiculously unmatched with their respective Toa. Case in point: every kanohi from the Toa Metru and past that.

Elemental powers themselves are a whole nother world, and as much as giving characters awesome abilities is fine if you don't make them overpowered. It's most likely half the reason why they made powers linked to the masks themselves in the reboot, it makes the actual masks more important than a solution to an arbitrary kill switch inside the main protagonist's bodies. I really don't want to see them go all-out with making the powers really awesome, and then leaving some really unsatisfactory plot-holes regarding them, questions, retcons and whatnot (coughninjagocough). I don't know if they did that in the original BIONICLE, but I sure do hope they have a proper story bible for the reboot that they stick to.

The newest LEGO Magazine is out, included are some comics of the different Toas grabbing their masks with help from the Protectors.

Apparently, the silver pieces on Lewa isn't Collars or something - they're bunny ears (or maybe bull horns?):

http://i.imgur.com/siTf9bl.jpg

Edited by Risgrynsgrot

Let's hope the four- armed guy doesn't just have two normal arms on the regular ballpoints and two geared arms on the raised gearbox....

The newest LEGO Magazine is out, included are some comics of the different Toas grabbing their masks with help from the Protectors.

Apparently, the silver pieces on Lewa isn't Collars or something - they're bunny ears (or maybe bull horns?):

Wait, what's this from??? It's a very different art style than usual! Any more pics?

Looking at it more closely, Onua seems to have a human hand! (Probably means nothing, just an interesting feature)

Was this concept art? It seems a lot like concept art, as Lewa doesn't have the little horns anywhere else....

Edited by legozebra

Yikes, those are some very generalized Toa in those comics, a very basic typical-robot body build with a mask slapped on.

Makes me appreciate how stylized the animated characters are.

From this months LEGO Magazine. Probably just made to make Kids curious about Bionicle. Here's the 4 other Toa/Protectors

http://i.imgur.com/gHbFyUH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tPcXmtW.jpg

This art style is beautiful. Very different to the toys, but very nice all the same. Not keen on Lewa's funky horns, however.

Edited by LewiMOC

From this months LEGO Magazine. Probably just made to make Kids curious about Bionicle. Here's the 4 other Toa/Protectors

This looks like it was drawn by somebody who only had a brief glance at the actual figures. I mean sure I get that it's stylized, but the characters are missing most of their defining features, don't really care how everybody's a generic skinny robo-person.

Edited by WARHEAD

Ew,they look like the Transformers.I hope that's a one-shot,free-lance thing and not a common art style for future comics.Anyway,thats the third interpretation of the Toa finding their Golden masks

Edited by GoldenChi

I quite like the style of the art, but the human-looking statue in Gali's comic is frankly disturbing... Plot twist : G2 BIONICLE is set on future Earth.

Also, the Skull Spiders look very robotic, it's a bit strange...

I like that art very much, very Transformer-y. I really hope that it becomes the style for future comics.

Though, Gali doesn't look feminine at all. :(

Edited by MonkeyChud

The pose Kopaka takes while throwing his spear looks familiar.......hmmmm......oh that's right

It this:

Ironman.jpg

It's the same pose. All that's missing is Skywarp behind him.

Edited by Jetrax99

What the? These look waaay different from the sets. Onua's and Lewa's masks look almost nothing like the real designs, Gali doesn't have her axe and the Protectors' masks are monochromatic. I wonder if the artist got prototypes as reference models instead of the final sets.. However, I have to say I don't mind the art style itself.

In other news, BIONICLE is officially available in Italian stores! Bought Tahu, I'll build him and post some thoughts later.