toa of magic... magic is friendship.... toa of friendship, anyone?

Must...resist urge to remake Toa names...Too...Too...many parodying possibilities...a whole universe...Too...Much...Power... :tongue:

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Could this mean a potential Artakha figure...?

I'm guessing he'll be made out of the three larger Toa sets. But then how will we get the mask? Hmmmm, titan maybe?

I'm guessing he'll be made out of the three larger Toa sets. But then how will we get the mask? Hmmmm, titan maybe?

Toa of Creation incoming in wave 2, mark my words.

The fact that the mask isn't included in any of the sets makes me think it might get a summer wave release. I would assume though, that the fact that it's even up for grabs means that artahka isn't wearing it...

Also, since this is clearly the god-tier McGuffin of the year, it's unlikely anyone will actually wear it, at least not in a way that lets them use its power, because to do so would be to essentially have won the fight already.

Edited by Timeline15

Oh man, that mask is looking better every time I see it.

Though I don't like that Knight's Kingdom style clip-on attachment, I have a feeling it's going to be annoying to do much with these masks other than, well as masks.

Blind bags? Or maybe something like Mr. Gold?

The fact that the mask isn't included in any of the sets makes me think it might get a summer wave release. I would assume though, that the fact that it's even up for grabs means that artahka isn't wearing it...

we didn't get a proper version of the ignika until 2008,and even then it was still the silver one. so you never know. I just hope this isn't just some one off thing, I want at least a couple years worth.

Oh man, that mask is looking better every time I see it.

Though I don't like that Knight's Kingdom style clip-on attachment, I have a feeling it's going to be annoying to do much with these masks other than, well as masks.

Yeah... from a set design perspective I find it somewhat fresh and interesting (depending on the head piece), but from a MoCing perspective it's pretty terrible.

I'm holding out hope that the lack of an axle connection is just for CGI purposes and won't actually be like that on the sets, because a lot of the Toa/Protector masks look like they have an injection point in the front. That being said, while I can make a case for them taking away an axle for the turnaround, I can't really think of a reason to ADD the clip on connection unless it's an actual function. :/

Edited by Mesonak

I hope it is an axle connection, for that would make it a lot more versatile.

Oh, yeah, Bionicle 2015 is confirmed.

W00000000000000000000000000000000T!

Edited by Agent Fusion

I'm holding out hope that the lack of an axle connection is just for CGI purposes and won't actually be like that on the sets, because a lot of the Toa/Protector masks look like they have an injection point in the front.

They would put "pins" on each side of the mask... just for CGI purposes ? Why bother, when they could put nothing at all ?

Maybe the Defenders have axle based masks, and it's just this mask that uses pins? (like in 2003)

we didn't get a proper version of the ignika until 2008,and even then it was still the silver one. so you never know. I just hope this isn't just some one off thing, I want at least a couple years worth.

Well, the 2008 design wasn't actually in place until 2007 (the 2006 version had all kinds of crazy appearances) so it wasn't too far away (they probably knew in 2007 when they introduced the mask that it would appear in sets the next year). I imagine they'll introduce this mask somewhere, it seems a shame to have so much detail gone into something that won't actually exist physically.

Random guess as to people using the MoC: It becomes an occasional "Threshold Weapon", only to be used when absolutely necessary.

Mfw it was the Mask of Creation all along.

Now, even if they don't make him into a set, I can finally make an Artakha MOC! Hooray! Too bad we don't have sand green shells, but who knows what the future holds for us. Anyway, I can totally see the Artakha we know wearing this mask. The image of the Mask of Creation (MoC, heh) I had in mind was pretty similar to this one, which is one of the reasons I wanted the Mystery Gold Mask to be the MoC.

Mfw when it attaches like a visor:

artworks-000043917391-z0xl2h-t500x500.jpg?e76cf77

..just, why? Sure, it's a new way of doing things, but that just kills the MOCing potential of one of the coolest mask designs we've ever seen. It's especially weird because the masks, at least the Miru clearly does, have the typical dent on the mouth area, which implies an axle connection. Maybe the MoC is supposed to be worn ON TOP of another mask?

Edited by Shakar

It could be the mask coming with LoSS.

Maybe the MoC is supposed to be worn ON TOP of another mask?

I hadn't considered that; it would explain why masks like the Akaku and Kakama have flat areas on their sides.

On the one hand, that would mean other masks could still be backwards compatible, but on the other hand it would limit the usability of the MoC.

Am I the only one who actually likes the way the mask is attached? For once we can get a proper head underneath.

i absolutely adore the design but as said that thing is pretty hard to use on mocs without the head piece. I can see how a minifig hand, exo handmor something attaches to inner centre of it which I hope is possible. It would be a disaster with all other masks as well if would need a complex connection as this mask implies that other will be like it too and we have seen those "headphone" looking things on their masks.

Great. Now I have to build some Toa MOCs to satiate my hunger for BONKLES

>implied that I haven't already done so.

I'm getting a Tahu costume ready for Collectormania this year (poor-man's Comic-Con), I just recieved a butt load of BONKLES pieces, and have just thrown them together into matoran, toa, I even made a "Defender Tahu" (Read: Not like 2015 defenders, completely different.)

They would put "pins" on each side of the mask... just for CGI purposes ? Why bother, when they could put nothing at all ?

That is indeed the flaw in that logic. Taking away an axle is one thing, adding pins is another.

If the masks are not attatching from the front, I really hope they get rid of those circles from the front of some of the masks. The defenders look a little odd, and Lewa looks like a surprised fish.

If the masks are not attatching from the front, I really hope they get rid of those circles from the front of some of the masks. The defenders look a little odd, and Lewa looks like a surprised fish.

A lot of the old Bionicles had 'O' mouths. It's like a thing with Bionicles.