If those comics are at least partially canon, it seems that Skull Grinder wants to destroy the Mask of Creation... interesting, I'd say.

Also interesting to note that, in the comics, when the Villains rip the masks off the Toa, the masks start losing their gold colour when the Villains get hold of them, hence explaining why the masks are a blend in the sets. Is it possible that the Villains are physically draining the energy out of the masks?

An image of Tahu fighting Skull Grinder with Ekimu at the back of the manual would also explain why Tahu doesn't get a blended mask. Still doesn't explain why Gali doesn't get one though.

So it seems the masks are being affected by the villains whether that be corruption or power draining. Nice to get a little bit of confirmation on what they're all about. I speculate that they want to destroy/drain the energy to restore themselves.

I'm not Fatoran, but I've scanned the comics in the instructions for you and anyone else interested :wink:

70791, 70792, 70793, 70794, 70795

Also, if you fancy talking modifications of the Skull Villain sets, I've made a topic for it. It's here.

Interesting. I was expecting the instruction booklet versions of the comics to be longer than the ones on the boxes (as was the case with the Toa and Protector sets), but in fact they seem to be the same number of panels.

Here's a model that someone on here (sorry for not remembering who!) made, reverse engineered from Toy Fair pics:

QEzlyFe.png

Even though that's a rough idea, it should give you some idea.

That... is not how the torso is built. It's pretty far from it, actually.

Here's a better look at how it's actually constructed. It's quite elegant, really—the shoulders are not much further back than they would be with a normal gearbox (only a little over one module farther), and they rotate forward when the function is engaged.

EDIT: Missed the fact that someone else had already shared a better one. Ah well. I'll leave this in case anyone wants further reference.

Edited by Lyichir

Having just built Basher, it's an ingenious mechanism indeed but I found that it's construction was a little floppy and makes Basher hard to pose. So here's a tip: in the hole in the torso bone that the antenna goes through, put a Technic 1/2 pin in there and then insert the gearbox. The antenna connected to the push button goes in the 1/2 pin. You'll have to wear it in, but it loosens up pretty quickly and makes the unique gearbox far more stable and less likely to "misfire" when the button is pushed.

I'm not Fatoran, but I've scanned the comics in the instructions for you and anyone else interested :wink:

70791, 70792, 70793, 70794, 70795

Also, if you fancy talking modifications of the Skull Villain sets, I've made a topic for it. It's here.

There's multiple warriors (as expected due to box art) But also multiple scorpions (you can spot one extra on the first frame) but Basher, Slicer and Grinder seem to be individuals.

The panel with Ekimu placing the MoCr over his own kanohi totally just brought back Takua and Avohkii memories.

If those comics are at least partially canon, it seems that Skull Grinder wants to destroy the Mask of Creation... interesting, I'd say.

You could say he wants to...grind it

Now send them to VBBN so he can review them :tongue:

I like the way this man thinks

Could he be trying to release the energies contained within or remold the mask?

An image of Tahu fighting Skull Grinder with Ekimu at the back of the manual would also explain why Tahu doesn't get a blended mask. Still doesn't explain why Gali doesn't get one though.

I suppose that is something, though its very unfortunate that we dont get a full set of blended masks if thats the case. Plus Gali's blended mask being so rare makes it a little strange for a series based around collectable masks

(Edited with more replies)

That... is not how the torso is built. It's pretty far from it, actually.

Here's a better look at how it's actually constructed. It's quite elegant, really—the shoulders are not much further back than they would be with a normal gearbox (only a little over one module farther), and they rotate forward when the function is engaged.

EDIT: Missed the fact that someone else had already shared a better one. Ah well. I'll leave this in case anyone wants further reference.

Okay, sorry. I'm not particularly good at reverse engineering either. Thank you for this version.

Having just built Basher, it's an ingenious mechanism indeed but I found that it's construction was a little floppy and makes Basher hard to pose. So here's a tip: in the hole in the torso bone that the antenna goes through, put a Technic 1/2 pin in there and then insert the gearbox. The antenna connected to the push button goes in the 1/2 pin. You'll have to wear it in, but it loosens up pretty quickly and makes the unique gearbox far more stable and less likely to "misfire" when the button is pushed.

I'm sorry, do you mean this part or this part? Could you possibly share a picture of your modification in the thread?

I suppose that is something, though its very unfortunate that we dont get a full set of blended masks if thats the case. Plus Gali's blended mask being so rare makes it a little strange for a series based around collectable masks

If you are referring to the mask that was released as part of the Inside Tour, that was a non-canon promotional mask that isn't blended gold like these are.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Guys, I found this on Tumblr:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/717d3bd86194cbfeab1c7643376a0ce0/tumblr_npyaofuukQ1us2vruo2_1280.jpg

Any thoughts on the legitimacy of this?

Source: http://mask-of-prime.../sharsmocs-what

I think it's probably fake, but part of me wants to hope. ;~;

Edited by VBBN
Fake, changing to URL before it starts a wave of confusion

I guess I'll skip all the sets and just get Skull Grinder. Seeing Skull Warrior in hand, while it's a great concept and I love it, it looked better at Toy Fair and the boxart for some reason.

I don't think they'd necessarily re-use the MoCr logo, but maybe? I kind of hope not. I'm worn out on the IfB talon.

That's one of the absolute worst photoshops I've ever seen.

Dragon Bolts face as the Bohroks face, yeah that's convincing.

Geez, people are so negative today.

ANYWAYS, I think there's a 70% chance it's a fake. Being from 2013, I don't think Lego's planned the 2016 sets that far back.

That random wheel on the back. That's fake. I don't expect them to do Bohroks again, even though I loved them. Although, wondering where those blade spike things are from, they look sweet.

Huh, that reminds me: when should we start seeing 2016 leaks? I know not this early, but we got the first 2015 leak in July, so is it possible that we'll get a set list next month?

**And I say all of this before I even have the Summer wave. I'm so greedy..... :hmpf_bad:

Huh, that reminds me: when should we start seeing 2016 leaks? I know not this early, but we got the first 2015 leak in July, so is it possible that we'll get a set list next month?

**And I say all of this before I even have the Summer wave. I'm so greedy..... :hmpf_bad:

Around September/November.

I tend to be positive with these but the 5 (not 3) is just 2 turned around. Also the fact that the foot piece is discontinued.

Possibly not pics it was rather special case with the leaker if I remember right. but I'd guess we get something, or 2016 lego sets in general in the next 30 days.