I think the service is Bricks and Pieces (it's found in the same place as LEGO's replacement parts service), which is down until the end of January. It's kind of annoying for me too, for the same reasons.

Edited by DraikNova

I downloaded the new game, and I'm thoroughly impressed. It's like Diablo crossed with Whack-A-Mole, in a good way.

Well put! I'm a little disappointed that the different Toa don't really behave differently in regards to strength, speed, etc., but that's ok. It does show that the Skull Spiders can be tough opponents, that's for sure!

Yeah, it's one of those sets where it's basically one thing or the other, impossible to have both. I like his raised shoulders too but disliked the amount of head articulation. I'm still trying to brainstorm solutions that result in high shoulders and good head movement (asides from removing the brain stalk) without making Lewa look ridiculous, but so far, nothing.

Just use this piece to give him a longer neck slightly. Should therefore allow for more head movement and mean you could probably leave the Gearbox where it is, allowing for high shoulders and increased head movement. Gives him a neck also that he lacks otherwise;

4593557.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Well put! I'm a little disappointed that the different Toa don't really behave differently in regards to strength, speed, etc., but that's ok. It does show that the Skull Spiders can be tough opponents, that's for sure!

Yeah, the lack of differences between the Toa are a shame. Do the extra parts change their stats at all, or are they purely cosmetic?

I managed to get the $15 Toa, and they are amazing! I might try adjusting Lewa's gearbox to see how I like it, but I think the shortest bone is a better solution, having tried it out. My only main problem is that the masks are a bit floppy.

If anybody wants to see what Lewa looks like with a loweredgearbox (and how to construct it), I did these quick photos to show it: https://farm9.static...fd3b1b422_z.jpg Lewa Master of Jungle Shoulder Modification by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr https://farm8.static...bac3d3fc7_z.jpg Lewa Master of Jungle Shoulder Modification (construction close-up) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr It does mean Lewa loses some of his simian aesthetic, but it does give his head much more room to move and he can pull off a flying pose much better. Now if I can just find a way to bring his arms back up to neck joint level without raising the gearbox...
I considered doing that to my Lewa, but now I have no doubt I'm going to. I actually like him more this way, he looks more slender.
Yeah, it's one of those sets where it's basically one thing or the other, impossible to have both. I like his raised shoulders too but disliked the amount of head articulation. I'm still trying to brainstorm solutions that result in high shoulders and good head movement (asides from removing the brain stalk) without making Lewa look ridiculous, but so far, nothing.
This is one of those times when Kongu Mahri's half-length Metru eyestalk would be useful. I wonder if we're ever going to get something like that again..

Just use this piece to give him a longer neck slightly. Should therefore allow for more head movement and mean you could probably leave the Gearbox where it is, allowing for high shoulders and increased head movement. Gives him a neck also that he lacks otherwise;

http://cache.lego.co...5/2/4593557.jpg"]http://cache.lego.co...5/2/4593557.jpg[/url]

I think that'd look too long. Does the friction extender work with the new heads? It works with the Glatorian head, but not with the Brain Attack one. Maybe that one could do the trick.

And yes, I did download the game on my Android tablet. It's quite repetitive, but I still found it fun enough to finish all six campaigns. I want to try getting all pieces (it's fun trying out new looks for the Toa!), but I heard you get only one piece every day with Endless Mode. :wacko:

{pic of 3M ball joint}

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried and I didn't like the resulting look, so I ended up moving the gearbox instead.

I think that'd look too long. Does the friction extender work with the new heads? It works with the Glatorian head, but not with the Brain Attack one. Maybe that one could do the trick.

Just tried it, and yes the friction extender indeed works with the new heads. I still think that it makes Lewa's head stick up too much though (but not half as bad as using a 3M ball joint), so I think I'll stick with my current setup. Though I will say it is the brain stalk that is the problem rather than the actual position of the head.

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

I feel the lack of articulation on the neck, but moving the gearbox down just seems like the wrong solution to me, as it makes his set so much more generic and boring, and I really feel like it kills the visual character design on the set. I feel the same about the mods showing up giving Pohatu symmetrical arms. Really kills the visual design of the set for me, and makes the set far more generic, which I don't enjoy.

in regards to theOneVeryonian's in response to Shakar- Ah you beat me to it! I was about to also say that earlier today I had also tried an extra friction joint, but it makes the whole thing seems strange and ugly.

in regards to Darth Vader's post- Hm, I'm not sure if the change is so drastic that it has such an effect on Lewa, but I would agree with you when you mention the changing of Pohatu's asymmetrical-ness.

Also- When I moved Lewa's gearbox down I didn't actually move his shoulder spikes up to compensate, I find that when left as their original size still attached to a one module lower gearbox they sit in a way that hides his unused shoulder ball joints better and leaves the head more exposed and accessible but not the extent that its jutting out awkwardly and compromising the original look.

Edited by Mutant Orc

I'm messing about with the short eye/brain stalk- http://brickset.com/parts/4505191- too see if it can be fitted in a new Bionicle head (for Lewa) and it is possible if its flipped back to front and upside down, i.e. the small 'wedge' from the front-bottom at the top back pointing diagonally upwards. It's hard to explain but I cant take a photo, sorry.

It looks rather strange but its possible to put on Lewa's mask on all the same! It doesn't quite fit back into its holes, its a few millimeters off but it sits firmly there and doesn't just fall off.

The eyes line up well enough so that some light can shine through and light up the eyes, but it probably puts strain on the parts and its not the worst but hardly the best looking thing in the world.

It does however allow for him to tilt his head back a tiny bit more with his original height gears whilst retaining a 'brain'!

[i was writing this as I went along and have now come to the conclusion that its not really worth following the above!]

{sorry for the double long posts that are probably pretty uninteresting!}

Edited by Mutant Orc

I'm messing about with the short eye/brain stalk- http://brickset.com/parts/4505191- too see if it can be fitted in a new Bionicle head (for Lewa) and it is possible if its flipped back to front and upside down, i.e. the small 'wedge' from the front-bottom at the top back pointing diagonally upwards. It's hard to explain but I cant take a photo, sorry.

It looks rather strange but its possible to put on Lewa's mask on all the same! It doesn't quite fit back into its holes, its a few millimeters off but it sits firmly there and doesn't just fall off.

The eyes line up well enough so that some light can shine through and light up the eyes, but it probably puts strain on the parts and its not the worst but hardly the best looking thing in the world.

It does however allow for him to tilt his head back a tiny bit more with his original height gears whilst retaining a 'brain'!

[i was writing this as I went along and have now come to the conclusion that its not really worth following the above!]

{sorry for the double long posts that are probably pretty uninteresting!}

I just tried this solution out. It's ridiculous and astonishing that the eye stalk in question does fit in such a bizarre way. I agree it doesn't make enough of a difference to really be worthwhile. Still, it's an interesting technique for people to keep in mind.

I've been playing around with Skull Spider masks and this head, and found that the Space Skeleton Arm piece, when attached to the beam on the head's back, acts as a good brace that stops the Skull Spider masks from flopping up and down.

Thanks, that's really helpful! I'm planning on using the Golden Skull Mask on a MOC using that head.

I feel the lack of articulation on the neck, but moving the gearbox down just seems like the wrong solution to me, as it makes his set so much more generic and boring, and I really feel like it kills the visual character design on the set. I feel the same about the mods showing up giving Pohatu symmetrical arms. Really kills the visual design of the set for me, and makes the set far more generic, which I don't enjoy.

I don't know. I feel Lewa's shoulder armor is enough of a defining factor than shoulder placement. But that's just me.

Agree with you on Pohatu, though. I was planning on giving him symmetrical arms, but in person, the look is actually pretty cool.

Also, opened POE and Onua. Again, amazing all around. So far, POE is probably my favorite Protector. Onua is much cooler than I thought he'd be. The colors are even pretty nice and well-balanced as well.

I went to the Lego store to pick up the new Tie Advanced set... but they were sold out.

I ended up buying Bionicle sets instead XD... picked up Kopaka and Lewa. So far very impressed with Kopaka, but haven't opened up Lewa yet.

I don't know. I feel Lewa's shoulder armor is enough of a defining factor than shoulder placement. But that's just me.

Agree with you on Pohatu, though. I was planning on giving him symmetrical arms, but in person, the look is actually pretty cool.

Lowering the arms makes his arms longer, and awkwardly so. On that, it also removes the near-hunch the set possesses otherwise, and makes him a more generic humanoid instead of the trickstery- spiritely look the slight hunch gives him. Agree on the bits around the neck, but they don't work the same with the greater space between them and the shoulders. Seems dumb but the character- defining silhouettes and build aspects are one of the most important aspects of the new sets and one of the most impressive.

The 2015 Toa are the finest examples of CCBS usage, each character has a unique and defined look that separates them from the rest. I just hope they can keep it up.

Edited by JayWalker

I built the Bionicles I had bought the other day, and honestly, I've fallen in love all of them, so much so that I had to then go and order Kopaka, Gali and PoS. Rather ironically, the two I said I was going to buy first, Tahu and Pohatu, are now my last Toa left to buy.

Haha these are actually the two I got - I wanted Gali for my first purchase but everywhere I've been has been down to really mangy selections. Before the new year I found Onua, Kopaka, and Pohatu - got Pohatu and a Protector of Ice (which ended up a gift to my sick brother who has been a collector of ice figures through Bionicle 1 up to HF Rhino-armored Stormer 3.0). Today I ran to 3 stores that had nothing whatsoever and then finally found a Tahu, Kopaka, and Pohatu again - so I got Tahu.

Very cool sets. I also have the broad shouldered PoF and PoE.

My priorities are with DC and Minifigures this first wave of sets BUT I am aiming for a full set of Bionicle when I can afford it, because they're fantastic.

Itching for toy fair reveals!

The 2015 Toa are the finest examples of CCBS usage, each character has a unique and defined look that separates them from the rest. I just hope they can keep it up.

Agreed; LEGO definitely avoided another Inika-build situation. And I think that they'll be able to keep it up......Now that we're getting villains in the summer wave, I imagine that we'll get even more different and unique character designs.

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but in terms of sets, BIONICLE Gen 2 is actually better than Gen 1 sets. And that's coming from someone who hated CCBS even up to last year, when I bought my last HF set (and my first since 2011). I was highly skeptical, but these sets do not feel like CCBS when it was used for any HF set......It just feel like BIONICLE!!

BTW, does anyone have any ideas when we might see some summer leaks?

Agreed; LEGO definitely avoided another Inika-build situation. And I think that they'll be able to keep it up......Now that we're getting villains in the summer wave, I imagine that we'll get even more different and unique character designs.

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but in terms of sets, BIONICLE Gen 2 is actually better than Gen 1 sets. And that's coming from someone who hated CCBS even up to last year, when I bought my last HF set (and my first since 2011). I was highly skeptical, but these sets do not feel like CCBS when it was used for any HF set......It just feel like BIONICLE!!

BTW, does anyone have any ideas when we might see some summer leaks?

I'd say around April or May. We still have several months until the beginning of Summer. Though we could see them earlier since Lego pretty much has the sets finished. (based on that mysterious mask that keeps getting brought up) Edited by MonkeyChud

I'd say around April or May. We still have several months until the beginning of Summer. Though we could see them earlier since Lego pretty much has the sets finished. (based on that mysterious mask that keeps getting brought up)

April or May? We get toy fair in a month or 2 man, we will probably get leaks very, very soon.

April or May? We get toy fair in a month or 2 man, we will probably get leaks very, very soon.

Probably. What is Toy Fair, exactly? Is it like the 'toy' version of Comic-con?

Be that as it may, I sorta meant leaks in terms of CGI'd images of the villains and such.

Edit: I guess it starts Feb. 14. So will we being seeing the summer sets in real life there?

Edited by MonkeyChud

Yeah, the lack of differences between the Toa are a shame. Do the extra parts change their stats at all, or are they purely cosmetic?

I was wondering about that too... What would be really cool is if they implemented a feature that whenever you lose your mask a skull spider can latch onto your face and you have to fight a bunch of villagers in "evil" mode...

The only problem I have is how overpriced the sets are. Over here, a single Protector costs $16 (!) I'm not even going to bother trying to buy Tahu through S@H, it costs $60 shipping included.