I was going to mention that the animated forms of the characters are all highly stylized, but for the most part the Toa are quite accurate. I guess the animators weren't satisfied with the LOSS set either. :P

The animated form of Lord of Skull Spiders barely looks any different than the set, though. Agent Fusion was talking about it looking different from the one in the comic from the set's instruction manual, which DOES look considerably different.

Speaking of which, I'm only just now noticing that the Lord of Skull Spiders' character page doesn't have "comic" or "build" links. Maybe something for the web designers to fix in the future.

Edited by Aanchir

Yes, that is what I meant. The animated version was rather similar to the set, but the comic version looks like a white, red and black Skull Spider.

Nothing at TRU, Target at Walmart here in southern Illinois.

Guess I'll be waiting for the 1st of January.

In the animations, Lewa's mask is considerably better than set form: his cheek holes are bigger and more like the '01 version.

If Lego was not content with how the set form of the Miru--um...."Mask of Jungle"--and LOSS, than why not just sell them like they are in the animations?

So, is it confirmed or not that Europe is getting a February release? That'd contradict the official word from the Facebook page and the retailer catalog (the one -in Italian! Somewhat ironically- where we saw the new Pakari for the first time)...and it'd suck, since I really really really want these sets asap.

Apologize if my phrasing feels shoddy, it's late here and I'm getting sleepy. : S

In the animations, Lewa's mask is considerably better than set form: his cheek holes are bigger and more like the '01 version.

If Lego was not content with how the set form of the Miru--um...."Mask of Jungle"--and LOSS, than why not just sell them like they are in the animations?

Keep in mind that animations and physical toys are often designed independently of each other. When they are similar to the hair that is usually due to collaboration between the two teams versus one being completed prior. It is very likely that the animations are based off of early prototypes with things changed on down the line. You can also attribute it to artistic license and the like.

Congrats on the sets, ButtScientist! I was not able to order them because I was busy that afternoon.

So Australia is getting a February release according to the catalog and apparently New Zealand is getting a March one. Hooray for Oceanic countries. :hmpf_bad:

So does anyone know where I might have some luck buying or even pre-ordering the sets from somewhere who is actually getting them when LEGO said they would?

So Australia is getting a February release according to the catalog and apparently New Zealand is getting a March one. Hooray for Oceanic countries. :hmpf_bad:

So does anyone know where I might have some luck buying or even pre-ordering the sets from somewhere who is actually getting them when LEGO said they would?

Try importing them from a country that's getting them earlier. That's how "BZPower" is "getting them".

P.S.: Anyone know where I can rant about BZPower openly? I need to get things off my chest.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Try importing them from a country that's getting them earlier. That's how "BZPower" is "getting them".

If you mean the actual site and staff, they're getting them as reviewers directly from the company and I believe a handful of people got them, or at least moc'd them more or less accurately, from the NYCC event but those weren't used in reviews afaik. I know a lot of members and individuals have been finding them on shelves of local stores who put them out early, and I know enough people in general ordered the sets off Walmart.com when they had the sets up and have been receiving their shipments. I don't really know where any would be out before January anyway? So I don't know how people have been "getting" a product by importing them when January's the earliest they'll be out as far as I'm aware.

A lot of it is just checking stores and stuff. I know the ones around me won't put them out until January, but I'm patient enough to wait.

If you mean the actual site and staff, they're getting them as reviewers directly from the company and I believe a handful of people got them, or at least moc'd them more or less accurately, from the NYCC event but those weren't used in reviews afaik. I know a lot of members and individuals have been finding them on shelves of local stores who put them out early, and I know enough people in general ordered the sets off Walmart.com when they had the sets up and have been receiving their shipments. I don't really know where any would be out before January anyway? So I don't know how people have been "getting" a product by importing them when January's the earliest they'll be out as far as I'm aware.

A lot of it is just checking stores and stuff. I know the ones around me won't put them out until January, but I'm patient enough to wait.

I was talking about the country that he lives in. Importing them from a place that gets the figures in January as opposed to February where he lives, is the only logical option.image.png

Edited by MonkeyChud

I was talking about the country that he lives in. Importing them from a place that gets the figures in January as opposed to February where he lives, is the only logical option.

Yeah, I got that, I was more talking to the second half of the statement which was either worded badly or was implying that's how BZP's been getting the sets which didn't make sense because of the release date being in January.

Yeah, I got that, I was more talking to the second half of the statement which was either worded badly or was implying that's how BZP's been getting the sets which didn't make sense because of the release date being in January.

Ah, thanks for explanation.

P.S.: Anyone know where I can rant about BZPower openly? I need to get things off my chest.

Hopefully they start popping up on bricklink soon...

As for ranting:

http://boards.4chan.org/toy/catalog

Find the Bionicle and CCBS General.

I probably missed some discussion, but did anyone notice the statues in Pohatu's video?

tumblr_ngwpxhIupy1r466wko1_1280.png

Whom are they decipting? Just a random figure? Or a possible future character/set? What is weird is that the figure has Toa-like proportions, but wears a rather evil looking mask and sports a scorpion tail. Sure looks like a villain to me.

And, quoting myself since no one replied:

So, is it confirmed or not that Europe is getting a February release? That'd contradict the official word from the Facebook page and the retailer catalog (the one -in Italian! Somewhat ironically- where we saw the new Pakari for the first time)...and it'd suck, since I really really really want these sets asap.

Apologize if my phrasing feels shoddy, it's late here and I'm getting sleepy. : S

Edited by Shakar

*crosses fingers for the figures to show up in the summer wave*

I don't know, I just want their wicked-looking staffs as a piece.

I'm afraid it's as good as confirmed. :/

Lord of Skull Scorpions confirmed. :laugh: BTW, are there rumors for the 2H wave yet ? We usually get sets lists around the end of December, IIRC,

A February release would be a bummer. But it would leave me extra time to save money.

Lord of Skull Scorpions confirmed. :laugh: BTW, are there rumors for the 2H wave yet ? We usually get sets lists around the end of December, IIRC,

I'll see if my source can dig anything up. Haven't heard from them in a while, though. Edited by Chro

Interesting statues. They look strikingly similar to Vorox (especially the helmet). I wonder if they're anything important.