Yeah, they listed them with the prototype pictures. :P

Ya know, seeing those prototype pics again reminded me how much more I liked the prototype Hau over the new one :/

I think I'm probably in the minority but I never really liked the preliminary Hau. It looked way too square from day one. I much prefer the finalized one.

The finalized one has grown on me to the point where I prefer it over the prelim.

Though for some reason the packaging picture makes it look... off.

Did anyone else notice the massive whirlpool off of the Water Region?

Also, look at the southernmost point: They look like sunken islands! And to the right, it looks like underwater civilizations!

Either we are getting Barraki-type characters, or something huge is beneath the island.....

I liked the original Hau, but I liked the new one better when I saw it. A win-win, really =P. As for the realm of water stuff, yeah, I'm hoping we get an aquatic theme in the future. I'm a sucker for that kind of aesthetic.

Also, looking good, VBBN. I can't wait to get the spider masks, in particular, those are gonna be nice.

Speaking of sunken places, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the story will eventually taking place on another island, city, etc. after the Mask Trilogy years.

I would LOVE to see a return to the abyss of the ocean, or maybe...

You guys really need to remember that this has only been planned for 3 years. Don't get your hopes up, while this might be a gigantic success like the original BIONICLE or NINJAGO, it might only sell as well as LEGO has predicted it to. They'll probably leave the story open-ended, like how in Chima Cavora was a floating island above a floating island above what looks like Spherus Magna.

Only three years, as opposed to a year-by-year basis? =P

I'm sure they'll have a story bible for in the event it proves to be a continuing success. Constraction doesn't need to be a smash hit anyway, but I'm sure they have high hopes for this relaunch.

At this point I believe that people who went to the convention gave 2 flying rhotukas of the first episode because: "we are AFOLs and we don't like Bionicle because it's simplier and because of that aimed to younger people so why we would record this thing at all"

Sorry for being impatient with this thing but I haven't heard anything from it afterwards.

Got to agree with the New Hau > Prelim Hau.

Also, I'm playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (I called my Treecko Lewa), and I go to do the Rusturf Tunnel Sidequest. I enter the tunnel on the Verdanturf side. I get attacked by a Hiker...

Hiker Mike would like to battle!

At this point I believe that people who went to the convention gave 2 flying rhotukas of the first episode because: "we are AFOLs and we don't like Bionicle because it's simplier and because of that aimed to younger people so why we would record this thing at all"

I really hate how close-minded some other fans are, especially in regards to Constraction. I've probably said it before, but last time I went to a convention I got called out for building with Bionicle because 'it is pretty much Megablocks' and 'People who build with Bionicle can never build on the same level [system/Technic] builders can'. It certainly didn't help that out of the 80-or-so people there were only four or five of us into Bionicle. I must say that the visitors loved my MOCs though, so the haters can be proven wrong.

Hey, this is what LUGs like BS01 and BIONILUG should work towards; showing the AFOL community that BIONICLE, and constraction in general, is just as worthy of being a LEGO subset.

"we are AFOLs and we don't like Bionicle because it's simplier and because of that aimed to younger people so why we would record this thing at all"

To be honest, I wouldn't either record something that doesn't interest me.

Anyways, I know a lot of stuff was recorded there by the exhibitors, now they just need soe time to upload everything (and to sleep, they're not biomechanical :laugh: ), so... just be patient. ;)

It looks like that Golden Mask competition is finally closed today.

I totally forgot to submit my MOC to here on EuroBricks, lol. But at least I I did so on BZP.

Thought it was until the fifth, for some reason. Ah well, wouldn't have had a chance to scrounge up anything anyway. Had some good ideas, but no time. Good luck to everybody that entered!

Hey, this is what LUGs like BS01 and BIONILUG should work towards; showing the AFOL community that BIONICLE, and constraction in general, is just as worthy of being a LEGO subset.

Perhaps the winning BFTGM entries can help prove the worthiness of Constraction to AFOLs. For such a unique and valuable prize, I imagine the contest results will get at least some attention in the wider LEGO community, beyond the Constraction fanbase.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Got to agree with the New Hau > Prelim Hau.

Also, I'm playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (I called my Treecko Lewa), and I go to do the Rusturf Tunnel Sidequest. I enter the tunnel on the Verdanturf side. I get attacked by a Hiker...

Hiker Mike would like to battle!

Heh-heh I actually named my Trainer character Ekimu LOL.

BTW does anyone hope that we will get a 6th set around summer. I really want an exclusive TRU Ekimu and Makuta set I can picture their mask being a mix between Gold, tr. blue(Ekimu) and tr. purple(Makuta).

That would be awesome!

Also I called my local LEGO Store(Chandler Az) and they did say that Bionicle will be released on Jan 1. I wasn't sure if the date was confirmed or if it was a rumor. I'm so excited; soon i'll be able to finish Orion-Master of Plasma-Stars (self moc) and Remilia-Master of Scarlet Aura! YAY!

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

Sorry for being impatient with this thing but I haven't heard anything from it afterwards.

Boy am I with you. It seems incredibly small and incredibly petty to be bringing up hierarchy in Lego, as if it's not already 90% aimed at children regardless. It's all just toys, and trying to one-up yourself over others and put down their children's toys to make your specific subset of children's toys look better is incredibly asinine, but hilarious. Visualizing those people saying that is pretty damn entertaining.

Like holy hell I feel like I should be well used to this sort of thing but I never am. I guess it's a good thing?

To be honest, I wouldn't either record something that doesn't interest me.

Anyways, I know a lot of stuff was recorded there by the exhibitors, now they just need soe time to upload everything (and to sleep, they're not biomechanical :laugh: ), so... just be patient. ;)

It's also possible LEGO asked people specifically not to record that video... they sometimes do make that request about the things they present at conventions.

Aesthetically: Okoto >> Mata Nui

Well, the map of Okoto is definitely rendered better, but as an island itself, Mata Nui had a more dynamic/exciting shape IMO. I don't know, Okoto seems too polished on the borders, resembling a rectangle of some sort, where in comparison Mata Nui looked much more like an actual island. But the new render is definitely more elaborate.

I don't know whether I prefer Okoto to Mata Nui aesthetically, but I do definitely think that it's a bit more readable than the Mata Nui map, in which it could be hard to tell where one region ended and another began. Without previously knowing the locations, it could be easy to think Mata Nui was split into four regions (a forested southern region, a dry northern region, an icy western region, and a grassy eastern region) rather than six. The radiating mountain ranges of Okoto may be a bit strange, but they do help to clearly delineate the different regions.

Well, that's certainly true. I also like the fact that the arrangement of the elemental regions makes just a little bit more sense than before: a snowy mountain area to the north, a rainforest and a volcanic zone to the south, the latter of which connects to another mountainous area. Though, I have to admit, seeing a tropical beach and a desert next to those snowy peaks undermines the whole thing pretty much - it's still a patchwork map, after all.

If I had to pick my favorite region of Okoto from an aesthetic standpoint, it would have to be the Region of Water. Islands! Deltas! Fjords!

As far as I remember, Ga-Wahi wasn't that tropical back in the day, but I definitely like this change myself, too. (Again, a little connection to the jungle region, perhaps.)

I really hope there's some video game coming which lets you explore the island...

Seconded.

Edited by wghost

I really hope there's some video game coming which lets you explore the island...

Funny you say this. I just posted on BZPower that I'd be quite happy to see a game akin to the main series lego games, basically, you could explore Okoto, make a custom Toa, fight off skull spiders as the LoSS if you so please... Tahu could have fire beams, Lewa could fly, Gali could swim, Pohatu could be able to run faster on a sandstorm, Onua could dig and smash stuff like a bigfig, Kopaka could have a freeze beam, etc, etc.

I actually posted a really thought out couple of posts on the LMB's about a G1 Bionicle game, in detail of how the characters would work, vehicles, story structure, character maker, extras, gold bricks, and all that jazz. It was really thought out and clocked in at about 1000 words iirc. I'm sure I could adapt it to a G2 game. :P