Sometimes with the text of an invented language it could be the designers' names using text/symbol replacement. Think the Wingdings settings on Word.

We asked about the runes at NYCC and were told "we can't tell you."

I wonder if that means that they do have significance that they can't reveal yet, or if they don't but they don't have an answer anyways

^Regardless, I hope we see some kind of text in this universe like the Matoran script. Seeing the square runes makes me want to write in squares. I had a lot of fun with circles, hexagons, and triangles of the old days.

About the gold Skull Spider, watch it not even be canon or have any large story significance.

So powerful it doesn't even need legs. "'Tis but a scratch !" :laugh:

Who needs legs when you're *GOLD*?

As you can see Mr Powers Bonkle, I love goooooooooooooooold!

So does anyone know why the Visorak webbing is in the background of LOSS? I hope it doesn't mean we're getting Hordika again... Ugh, 2005 was a horrible year for BIONICLE. I wasn't even a fan back then and I can tell! (and I've bought Nuju simply because I could)

I don't think we're ever getting something like the Hordika again, IIRC they were a big fiasco. They tried to do something similar with the Inika masks, then, if I had to guess, they realized kids don't want deformed heroes so they went back to regular masks with the Mahri and onwards.
About the gold Skull Spider, watch it not even be canon or have any large story significance.
That's what I'm thinking. If it were a real spider (a unique one or a special breed) it'd have legs, so it's either 1) a special artifact (why is it shaped like a SkSp, then?), 2) a shapshifted MoCr/MoCo or 3) just a cool thing they decided to throw in (Toa and good guy sets in general are always more attractive to kids, to they had to include some incentive to make the LoSS set more appealing). For what it's worth, the set description of LoSS doesn't mention the gold "spider".

If it has no significance, I'll probably use it as a special "leader" breed of SkS.

We asked about the runes at NYCC and were told "we can't tell you."

Audrey-Hepburn-Is-Interested-Reaction-Gif.gif

I do think the Inika were succesful, though. I think 2006 overall was a good year for BIONICLE. I think I recall, however, Greg saying about 2007 that the sales were good, but "could have been better". I guess the decline in sales already started to show at that point.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

I once read that the Inika, while they sold well, were criticized for their masks and so Lego decided to go back to regular masks for the Mahri. Might've been wrong info though.

(I still think they were great sets, but oh god the Suletu was terrifying)

Today I had a vision of Metru Nui in 2005.

I blew my nose, opened the handkerchief, and it was Le-Metru.

I once read that the Inika, while they sold well, were criticized for their masks and so Lego decided to go back to regular masks for the Mahri. Might've been wrong info though.

(I still think they were great sets, but oh god the Suletu was terrifying)

I really loved the inika masks. It was probably my favorite thing about the 06 Toa for sure. Very unique. I wouldn't have liked it for a permanent thing but it fit the story and mood really well

Hey guys, I think I realized why Lewa is jungle and air. In the Wu Xing Chinese element system, air is listed under the properties of the wood element, which was colored green.

I think I heard that it was actually because people associated green with jungle/plants rather than air.

I hate it though. I know water, fire , etc aren't technically elements, but they make sense in the fact they are natural, raw ... I don't know the word for it really. But there is something mystical about them. Jungle is just plants really. That's all I think of. It just doesn't mix well with the others. It's like Toa of Desert or Toa of Arctic. I know the implications of the power, but it just doesn't sound right. It's more of a habitat than an actual... Thing

Edited by Kingslayer

We're attaching deep meanings to things that have none. We've officially reached the level of college English student.

Hey, as someone who has a bachelor's degree in English, I resemble that remark! ;)

I'm at what I think equates to college now. Teachers can't grasp the fact that sometimes, blue curtains have nothing to do with mood, they're just blue.

I'm at what I think equates to college now. Teachers can't grasp the fact that sometimes, blue curtains have nothing to do with mood, they're just blue.

Bahaha! You're, like, the third person I've heard say that exact same thing about the curtains.

Anywho, I don't mind the shift from Air to Jungle. As I figured, he still retains his Air powers. And as stated above, it fits with the Wu Xing element system. I guess it makes sense since green is more associated with plant-life, so I imagine that was the main cause for the change.

The element that really doesn't make sense is Ice as it's a property of Water. Though I guess it is far enough from water to merit it's own unique element classification. But I digress.

Bahaha! You're, like, the third person I've heard say that exact same thing about the curtains.

Anywho, I don't mind the shift from Air to Jungle. As I figured, he still retains his Air powers. And as stated above, it fits with the Wu Xing element system. I guess it makes sense since green is more associated with plant-life, so I imagine that was the main cause for the change.

The element that really doesn't make sense is Ice as it's a property of Water. Though I guess it is far enough from water to merit it's own unique element classification. But I digress.

For me, the element that doesn't make sense is stone, we already have earth. They could have combined both and made a to a of lightning or something.