oh hey i just realized

the thing i thought was a second wheel on Onua's back actually seems to be his eyepiece if the reddit guy is right

which means Onua might not have separately swinging arms, unfortunately.

EDIT: On the other hand, the one wheel we do see looks somewhat offcenter, so it's still possible i guess? idk

I had kind of suspected this once I realized that there would be no point to gearing both arms separately if one of them didn't even hold a weapon. It doesn't even have a large fist like the Ultrabuild Hulk—just a regular HF hand.

Those were introduced in Furno XL (assuming you're implying they're new), anyway I did notice that. Not very fond of the look tbh, though I admit they offer a cool play feature.

And speaking of Lewa, does anyone have an idea on how his shoulder pads work? It looks like a new piece, but even then I don't know how they attach.

If you mean the parts that were mistaken for "hair", they seem to just be IFB "tails", attached from behind. Otherwise I'm not positive he has any shoulderpads at all.

Edited by Lyichir

And speaking of Lewa, does anyone have an idea on how his shoulder pads work? It looks like a new piece, but even then I don't know how they attach.

I'm more curious about Gali's shoulder pads. There's the shoulder armor (with the new Protector armor attached), below that is a bone with a trans blue shell, then there's another bone with gunmetal cladding, and then her hand. Making it look like her shoulders are super low on her body (or she has an extra joint in her arm, but I doubt that).

Yeah, I don't have a clue about Gali's shoulders either. The shoulder pads and the arm connections sit so close to each other, they either used some crazy Technic or CCBS technique or a new piece..

@Lyichir Are they? I mean the armour bits above his chest armour. If you're talking about the Beasts tail stingers/claws, I really don't see them. They look like new pieces to me.

I'm more curious about Gali's shoulder pads. There's the shoulder armor (with the new Protector armor attached), below that is a bone with a trans blue shell, then there's another bone with gunmetal cladding, and then her hand. Making it look like her shoulders are super low on her body (or she has an extra joint in her arm, but I doubt that).

Gali's shoulder armor seems fairly simple to me. Her shoulders appear to be built exactly the same way as Pohatu's, but instead of a regular 1M Technic bushing between the "gearbox" and ball joint, it has a Toa Hordika neck joint with the ball pointed upwards and the shoulder armor attached to that.

70790 final has 145 pieces, it's a spider and it has some trans orange and black. I can help describe them, but I can't share them privately at all so DO NOT ASK! I'm gonna see more. I don't know much about constraction, but help me out here.

I just looked back at the prelim, I can't believe I didn't notice that before! Trans orange? Technic build? :drool: I need this.

I would have rathered trans. red, but that's just me. I wonder what all that technic does, if anything?

I'd also prefet trans. red, I'm getting sick and tired of trans. orange.

Look on the bright side, trans. Technic beams for the first time (as far as I know).

I've seen some MOCs with trans. red Technic beams :/

So am I, I know they use it because it stands out, but tr. red looks much more evil. And, as I've been saying for a while, it looks unnatural and tacky for fire, tr. flame orange (Jaller Inika's secondary colour) looks a lot better.

Look on the bright side, trans. Technic beams for the first time (as far as I know).

This set/url] already has Tr. Fluore. Green and Tr. Fluore. Reddish-Orange Technic beams, and three sets have Tr. Red ones. [urk=http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=7962-1]This set includes two different types of transparent liftarm. And this set introduced this year has Tr. Light Blue angled beams. So transparent Technic beams are still pretty rare, but definitely not a new phenomenon.

So am I, I know they use it because it stands out, but tr. red looks much more evil. And, as I've been saying for a while, it looks unnatural and tacky for fire, tr. flame orange (Jaller Inika's secondary colour) looks a lot better.

The official name of that color is Tr. Bright Orange.

Anyway, I'm fine with either type of transparent orange instead of Transparent Red, because I love fluorescent colors, especially in constraction themes. It's a shame that Tr. Fluore Red (Tahu's classic eye color) and Tr. Fluore. Yellow (Gali's classic eye color) are discontinued, but at least we still have the same number of fluorescent colors as we did back in 2001 thanks to the introduction of Tr. Bright Orange in 2004 and Tr. Bright Green in 2010, both of which are fluorescent. It's also a shame that there aren't a lot of current constraction parts in Tr. Fluore. Blue (Kopaka's classic eye color). Don't get me wrong, I love Tr. Blue and Tr. Light Blue, but unfortunately, neither glows brightly under a UV light.

Not the first time. Most notably, the most recent Star Wars Podracer set featured loads of Transparent Technic beams to link the pods and engines together.

I seem to recall a LOT of complaints about another red and black villain when we first saw the color display pic. Now that Lord of Skull Spiders seems to use Trans. Orange instead, everyone wants it to be Trans. Red. Funny how people's opinions on a set change depending on whether they're considering the look of a set as a whole versus its component parts.

Actually, I think it's pretty much the thought that, in late Bionicle, Trans. Reddish Orange was basically used like Trans. Red, so basically what we're seeing may as well be another red and black villain, except we don't even get Trans. Red out of the deal, but more Trans. Reddish Orange.

I'm fine with it as long as we don't go back to 2006-2008 palette of trans. lime or trans. reddish orange exclusively, especially when it became "trans. lime for good guys, trans. reddish orange for bad guys"

combine that with 2008's terrible single-color color schemes and it was just terrible.

EDIT: oh yeah also if the catalogue reddit guy is right the Guurahk staff pieces weren't placeholders and it is now my turn to be smug about being right

Edited by Grima

There were clear Technic beams in the Podracer set...

Reboot or not I hope the toa/masters will act and look more mature in the media as they already look like that as sets.

Reboot or not I hope the toa/masters will act and look more mature in the media as they already look like that as sets.

More mature in what way? If you mean not having to learn the exact same lessons about teamwork over and over again I can definitely agree. That really started to wear on me in the early days of BIONICLE. "You're more powerful as a team than you are individually! Every single one of your major victories reinforces this! So why is it taking so long to sink in?" A lot of people call the Ninjago storyline childish compared to BIONICLE, but at least when the characters have trouble working together as a team it's for a better reason than forgetting everything they've been through.

But I do think that they should start out with at least SOME of their original flaws and overcome them gradually. As cool as it was to FINALLY see the team working as a well-oiled machine in 2008, I think new fans would have more fun watching these characters with sharply contrasting personalities develop from reluctant allies to dependable teammates and close friends.

More mature in what way? If you mean not having to learn the exact same lessons about teamwork over and over again I can definitely agree. That really started to wear on me in the early days of BIONICLE. "You're more powerful as a team than you are individually! Every single one of your major victories reinforces this! So why is it taking so long to sink in?" A lot of people call the Ninjago storyline childish compared to BIONICLE, but at least when the characters have trouble working together as a team it's for a better reason than forgetting everything they've been through.

But I do think that they should start out with at least SOME of their original flaws and overcome them gradually. As cool as it was to FINALLY see the team working as a well-oiled machine in 2008, I think new fans would have more fun watching these characters with sharply contrasting personalities develop from reluctant allies to dependable teammates and close friends.

When pulled off well, the progression from reluctant or awkward allies to a truly unified team of Heroes was one of my favorite parts of BIONICLE's story, though it did get dull during 2001-2003. However, I quite liked how it was done in 2004, with the doubt and awkwardness of the team being more clearly resolved over time, culminating in them becoming not only a good team, but also fit leaders for the Matoran on the island of Mata-Nui.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Here you go guys!

TTV will have an article up with the pictures soon.

Edited by just2good

Yay! I was on at the time! :grin:

EDIT: Tahu looks terrible

Pohatu's good except for those tr. yellow bones (I can hear the kids yelling "poohatu!" now)

Gali is... freakish. Probably going to skip her.

Kopaka is... I dunno, that monocle is too flat and sparse for me.

LOSS is... surprisingly good. I'll wait for a review, I have a feeling this is going to be a repeat of Garmatron and Desctructoid.

Lewa has waaay too much yellow. That just destroys the colorscheme. LEGO still has lime green shells, don't they?

What about the Protectors?

Anyway, I'm going to skip all/most of these, unless for parts. Because most of these sets look downright terrible to me, but I can understand why others would like them. Well, back to NINJAGO!

Edited by JayWalker

Ewww, what happened to Tahu's Hau? It looks less epic than the other pics made it seem. :/ I do really like Gali's Kaukau, though. ^-^ That, and the LOSS looks less derpy now. :D

Edited by Kamen Rider Kiva

They all look pretty good! (besides the LoSS). I didn't notice the pegs on gali's weapon until this morning, but I wasn't thinking "split the head off entirely", rather "oh, the whole thing goes on her feet"

I am torn about Tahu's new face. It looks cleaner and still evokes the old design (more from the angle of his head than the straight-on view of the golden mask), but I was getting used to the more classic take, even with the edges looking kinda inside-out.

All the chest prints are cool!

The skull spider legs are cool parts.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman