Selander

MOC: DkGreen 8w locomotive

Hi everyone,

This is a MOC I recently built which is inspired by a mix of Swedish electric locomotives but with typical German or Swiss color scheme. It is not motorized on pictures.

Some new elements from Mini Cooper have been used in front&rear end which allows a smooth transission from 8w to 7w in the top front section.

Feel free to comment.

15892212028_669b413b87_z_d.jpg

16077732251_a57ebb3ddf_z_d.jpg

Edited by Selander

Love it. Very good job.

There's only one thing I would try to change. According to Stefaneris' picture, it could use a little more detail on the sides.

dark_green_train_detail.PNG

Maybe with only the tile or one plate and a tile between the modified bricks. The bricks are a bit pricy, but I think it would be worth it.

Thanks for your comments, yes there are already some Re 4/4 similarities and the design could be updated to be a closer replica.

For the moment it is a mix of influences.

@3797: Also thanks for your side update proposal, which would need a bigger redesign since you don't respect the current height of my model. Would be easier to put in two layers of 2877 with studs up. In fact I tried that during my experimental phase, but choose to stay with the smooth sides. I'll reconsider it though.

Hello *Thomas*,

Hmm part list...not really.... But I could mail you more pictures and provide some help/explanations to you. Send me a message via EB and we'll try to work something out.

Spectacular job I do love the way you were able to get some detail on the undercarriage!

I can not wait to see more from you!

-Railco

Selander you always perform excellent MOC! :thumbup:

I like your building style: the nose of this locomotive looks amazing :wub:

The pantographs and the details under the body of the train are very well made ...top notch work!

Thanks everyone for your kind words !

Much appreciated !!

@marook: Yes it measures 6x28studs, so it is a relatively compact build.

@UrbanErwin: No carriages planned for the moment.....but let's wait and see.... :tongue: